Traded Jack Redden [traded to West Coast for pick 17]

Remove this Banner Ad

I never compared him to Rioli. Of course I think Rioli is a better player. Maybe read what I quoted you???

OK, I'll spell it out for you then: you crapped on about Jettas 2012 grand final. In reality he was in your worst and did sweet FA. Rioli has publicly stated how disappointed he was with his performance in the 2012 GF and Jetta was worse, but you tried to make out jetta played well. Jetta is Leon Davis mark 2 in grand finals, this is the reality.

You want a contracted player, you pay for him and that's what they did, Hawthorn style, with what they had. 2nd wasn't going to be good enough so they just pulled the trigger and got their man without the drawn out fuss.

Does seem like they will trade Sinclair for Jetta now too.

We are quite efficient at the trade table.

Sometimes it looks like we cave too easily, but i'm coming around to the view that this approach is serving us well in the medium/longer term.

Mind you, we're holding a little karmic f*** you to Port Adelaide up our sleeves to one day return the favour over the Brad Ebert rogering. Never forget West Coast, never forget...

Although Redden hasn't been prolific since 2012 he's still been a valuable contributor.
Outside of a handful of games both Carlisle and Zaharakis have struggled to have an impact in the last two or so years.

Zaharakis I'd argue is a much better player.

Ballantyne has been an all Australian small forward. Has Redden ever been selected in the squad of 40?

Feeling a little bit rogered but its better than needing to give up 25 for Melksham. Demons well and truly rogered.

Facts are as a contracted player pick 17 was always going to be the marker of the trade. Initially I was a bit peeved because I didn't want to give up a first rounder for him but if you look at it closely we are getting a 24 year old, 100 game + player who will be best 22 pretty early instead of an 18 year old rookie who we might need to develop for half a year before getting a chance to play.

Feeling a little bit rogered but its better than needing to give up 25 for Melksham. Demons well and truly rogered.

Facts are as a contracted player pick 17 was always going to be the marker of the trade. Initially I was a bit peeved because I didn't want to give up a first rounder for him but if you look at it closely we are getting a 24 year old, 100 game + player who will be best 22 pretty early instead of an 18 year old rookie who we might need to develop for half a year before getting a chance to play.

The main difference between him and Selwood.

The main difference between him and Selwood.

There's definite similarities between Jack and Scott in terms of game style, hardness at the contest etc. but I think Redden offers more on the outside than Selwood did, also as a goal scoring option.

I think Redden will flourish behind Priddis, Sheuy and Gaff as well whereas at Brisbane hewould have been the target of close attention more regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Courtesy of WCErevival , mock up of Redden in an Eagles jumper
reddddddd_zpstfzusqjh.jpg

There's definite similarities between Jack and Scott in terms of game style, hardness at the contest etc. but I think Redden offers more on the outside than Selwood did, also as a goal scoring option.

I think Redden will flourish behind Priddis, Sheuy and Gaff as well whereas at Brisbane hewould have been the target of close attention more regularly.

I might be wrong here but Redden seems like he can go forward and take a mark. Selwood was pretty much only able to play on ball, despite being a half back as a junior. That flexibility upgrade should help us a bit - we'll be able to throw different looks at opponents rather than having Priddis and Selwood either in the centre square or on the bench.

be able to throw different looks at opponents rather than having Priddis and Selwood either in the centre square or on the bench.[/QUOTE]

Or as we saw more regularly during 2015 Priddis & Hutchings. From the GF day 22 Redden is a definite upgrade on Hutch when looking at expeirience alone.

Needs to be prepared to work hard in the off and pre season, which I'm confident he will do, because he shouldn't get picked at selection based solely on his name and what he has done under Voss and Leppitsch. Starts with a clean slate at the club just like any other new player

I take that with a grain of salt.

It looks like every WA kid will be available at 17, with the possible exception of Ah Chee.

I wouldn't rule out getting a player at that pick.

Not sure how you could draw that conclusion with any confidence.

Good chance every WA kid bar Ah Chee is available at pick 37 (Not too much high end Talant this year). Doesn't really mean much as aside from Waterman we drafted all Victorians last year in the main draft.

Good chance every WA kid bar Ah Chee is available at pick 37 (Not too much high end Talant this year).
Really? Not sure about that.

Doesn't really mean much as aside from Waterman we drafted all Victorians last year in the main draft.
Sure. I'm not saying we should only draft WA kids. I'm just trying to illustrate the possible utility of pick 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back