• Yes

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Mandatory Jack Watts option

Votes: 34 29.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why everyone has been saying since Gaff went down he's raised his game. Gee he's been playing epic footy all year!
The guy whos lifted the bar is sheed.

Was sent to the magoos and only got a sniff because of gaff. Hasnt looked back.

Is it just or were the Umps particularly hot on Shuey with their holding the ball calls. Thought a few of them were pretty rough.
One in particular straight out of the ruck, ******* bullshit call, he's allowed to brace for impact with 2 players about to smash into him.

Funny thing is if he drops the ball, it would be play on, AFL has stuffed this ruling up so bad.

Not at all shocked by his form this year. I said pre-season he had the ability to be a genuine A-Grader at his best and was laughed at.

Was probably biased given I had him in draft teams back in his Brisbane days, but he was very consistent in his first few years at brisbane, was always very effective with his disposal under pressure and always racked up huge tackle numbers.

The two main issues with his initial time at West Coast were:
1) In 2016, he went into the season severely underdone due to injuries over the pre season. Reflected his first inconsistent year
2) In both 2016 and 2017, he spent significant periods of games on the HFF, due to us having a lot of inside mids playing.

With a full pre-season and a licence to actually play full time on ball, the results have shown

We may have also struck gold re-signing him earlier this year on a cheap deal

His vision and footskills on both sides are underrated. Its good to have three midfielders that have expceptional footskills on either side and its perfect for our style of play.

I think Dom can get there one day as well as i rate his right boot.

Go Redden...Another much maligned player crosses the thresh-hold of constant criticism and stands tall!
Sheed next...? (on the cusp)
Duggan...?
patience grasshopper...

Amazing whats happened since “the only one who gets it” has gone

Who would have thought that an inside mid that was a good player at brisbane can be a good player here too - despite not getting midfielder like stats played out of position on a hff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing whats happened since “the only one who gets it” has gone

Who would have thought that an inside mid that was a good player at brisbane can be a good player here too - despite not getting midfielder like stats played out of position on a hff
Agree, I won't delve into my thoughts on the matter for 10 years.

But interesting when we play a player in their proper position.

Was very interesting on the coach last night. Where Geelong have come unstuck is to keep recruiting midfielders to surplus requirements and shifting them forward....and it's not working.

Interesting early in the year, Simmos on the coach interview, saying we got that wrong over the last few years. Now playing forwards as forwards.

Very interesting.

Agree, I won't delve into my thoughts on the matter for 10 years.

But interesting when we play a player in their proper position.

Was very interesting on the coach last night. Where Geelong have come unstuck is to keep recruiting midfielders to surplus requirements and shifting them forward....and it's not working.

Interesting early in the year, Simmos on the coach interview, saying we got that wrong over the last few years. Now playing forwards as forwards.

Very interesting.
Geelong are where we at last year. Cutting Ablett might not be a bad idea tbh.

Redden has worked himself into career best form back end of this season. Finally, he's consistently meeting that high ceiling that he's shown he can reach. What a monster couple of finals he has played.

But he's built into it. Last 10 games has Redden averaging 28.6 disposals, a goal every second game, 7 marks, 4.5 tackles, at 118 SC per game.

Flying so far under the radar that he epitomises our season.

Love ya Jack! Kudos to the club for both bringing this bloke in and backing him in through the adversity.

Just noticed Reddo is paying $11 to finish in the top twenty of the Brownlow. Not too shabby considering how often he was among our best in a winning team.

Back