• Yes

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Mandatory Jack Watts option

Votes: 34 29.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

His second half on this season was great and with more on ball time he should improve more .
He will never be a match winner but be the bloke that allows and helps others to be that match winner.

He normally stands one of the opponents best inside mids and if he can break even with them it goes a long way to us winning the contests
Stenglein like :wink:

I was underwhelmed with his performances up till this year. An average C Grader with no outstanding qualities.

I never watched the Lions games admittedly.

Admittedly we had a graveyard of failed midfielders as the No 1 midfield position was sown up for 10 years.

As Redden was played out of position, on a HF flank, i wasn't as scathing as some.

But boy oh boy wowee is he a beast of a player at a bargain price this year. Unbelivable what playing in your natural position does.

Well played WCE, well played.

He's been awesome the last three weeks. It's great. Seems like a good egg and the idea behind recruiting him was always sound. He just couldn't get any consistency but that appears to have come now.

He’s had good games for us in the past but not followed up. He’s well experienced enough for there to be no real excuses to not play at about this level for the rest of the season now, so it will be interesting to track how he goes.

If he does keep performing at this level, it will go a long way to defining our success over the next few years.

Something seems to have clicked over the last few weeks because I thought he was pretty poor at the start of the year and he didn’t look like he ever wanted to take possession of the ball. I think he’s a waste of space as a defensive mid - so hopefully we only use Hutchings in that role when we decide we want a tagger. He looks much better when he’s hunting the footy.

I was underwhelmed with his performances up till this year. An average C Grader with no outstanding qualities.

I never watched the Lions games admittedly.

Admittedly we had a graveyard of failed midfielders as the No 1 midfield position was sown up for 10 years.

As Redden was played out of position, on a HF flank, i wasn't as scathing as some.

But boy oh boy wowee is he a beast of a player at a bargain price this year. Unbelivable what playing in your natural position does.

Well played WCE, well played.
Thought we should have scrapped him last year. Extremely impressed with what he's been doing and how we've been playing without a #1 midfielder. Spreading the midfield is and always was the way to go. Yes it's a passing jab.
He’s had good games for us in the past but not followed up. He’s well experienced enough for there to be no real excuses to not play at about this level for the rest of the season now, so it will be interesting to track how he goes.

If he does keep performing at this level, it will go a long way to defining our success over the next few years.

Something seems to have clicked over the last few weeks because I thought he was pretty poor at the start of the year and he didn’t look like he ever wanted to take possession of the ball. I think he’s a waste of space as a defensive mid - so hopefully we only use Hutchings in that role when we decide we want a tagger. He looks much better when he’s hunting the footy.
Did you guys not watch the last half of last season? even simmo said that he would have been best and fairest last season if it was counted from rnd 15 and onwards.

He averaged 24.2 touches, 10.8 contested possessions,5.1 tackles, and 4.1 clearances. He was very good in the back half of the year and adjusted to playing with Mitchell and Priddis. I was kinda disappointed with his start of 2018 due to how good he finished last season.

Did you guys not watch the last half of last season? even simmo said that he would have been best and fairest last season if it was counted from rnd 15 and onwards.

He averaged 24.2 touches, 10.8 contested possessions,5.1 tackles, and 4.1 clearances. He was very good in the back half of the year and adjusted to playing with Mitchell and Priddis. I was kinda disappointed with his start of 2018 due to how good he finished last season.
That’s what I mean. He has had good games/patches and then regressed back to spud level. I’m waiting for a full season of consistency (provided he stays injury free) before proclaiming he’s become the player we hoped he’d be.

Either way, he has looked far better in the last three games than he did in that purple patch last year. He’s showing a lot more poise and making better decisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably after a good game in the middle he gets shoved to a HFF so we can go back to our slow predictable centre setup.

Turns out the BBIMWBLF was here all along.

200.gif

Is his improvement in part because his responsibilities have increased with Priddis gone?

Not Priddis bashing, just think it's played a huge part.
Strangely enough the guy was a good mid at brisbane - he just got hal forward flanked to death here

Is his improvement in part because his responsibilities have increased with Priddis gone?

Not Priddis bashing, just think it's played a huge part.
100% IMO.

Quite often when you're the main man, alot of players usually step up to take their game to the next level with the responsibility on their shoulders. Much like captains in cricket, they tend to improve once given extra responsibilities.

Jack Darling was a good example of this when JK was unavailable at the start of the year and through patches last year.

Pity my old Jersey with the number 8 on it is the tri-panel. I'd wear it more often (or at all) otherwise.

Back