CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Now I'm not the one to create these sorts of threads, but Redden, so far this season, has been our worst midfielder.

I really do hate saying this, but I just can't seeing him rebounding after the last 2 weeks. What does he offer that our other mids don't?
- Tackling? Priddis has him covered.
- Getting the hard ball? Shuey/Priddis/Sheed/Mitchell are already outperforming him
- Support? He's just not effective enough as a one of our senior players.

What do we do with him?

Last edited:
Drop one of Redden or Prid (at this stage Redden cause Priddis still does what he does better than anyone in the team) and let Mutimer fill in the other role instead of playing him off the ******* HFF

I didn't expect much from Jetta and never rated Sinkers much so I wasn't that disappointed with the outcome of that trade.

But I expected Redden to be a very solid member of the Best 22 who would help elevate us to premiership fancies.

In short, he's absolutely woeful. He's always 2nd to the ball, can't kick whatsoever, handballs useless 1m handballs for most touches and jogs around collecting easy pay packets. Hooray, he played one good game a few weeks ago. He can get used to doing so for whatever club he's at next year.

The only think I'm liking are his 1%r , credit to him he does some of the off the ball stuff really well.

That being said his kicking is woeful. So many shanks. And he just isn't doing enough in the middle for an experience player. However , I would like to see how he goes without pridda in the side.

Has patches where he shows desperation to win the ball and release the ball to advantage and then also has patches where he completely *s up. Another one of our players who is struggling to find consistency in his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My post from the other thread:

His disposal was poor but his pressure acts were good (ie one smother saved a goal & had 5 x 1% = third in the side) and inside work is improving. I notice that he doesnt get used when he makes space, a similar problem that Jetta has. If it was Shuey, Gaff or even Masten in the same position he would be used. Dont quite understand it. I think he'll be fine when when Priddis/Mitchell move on - he just needs more responsibility and confidence.

His disposal was poor but his pressure acts were good (ie one smother saved a goal & had 5 x 1% = third in the side) and inside work is improving. I notice that he doesnt get used when he makes space, a similar problem that Jetta has. If it was Shuey, Gaff or even Masten in the same position he would be used. Dont quite understand it. I think he'll be fine when when Priddis/Mitchell move on - he just needs more responsibility and confidence.
Mates waxing, that's what it appears at the games.

His tackling numbers come from being second to the ball a lot. I'd like to see him harder at the footy and trying to win the ball or free kicks for other reasons.

Jack Redden should be playing the Rowan Jones role - blocking etc. for Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Mitchell to do their thing

He is starting to grow on me... He is still not in the best form but he is the type of player that will get under the pack that can then feed the ball to the likes of Mitchell, duggan, sheed ect

Jesus, is it just me or is he like the nicest softly spoken guy ever?

Certainly doesn't scream, inside bull contested beast by his personality. I feel bad.

Quote at 1:37 stands out, as a response to a question about him having trouble putting on muscle:
"Yeah they drafted me as an inside mid and the boys, when I rocked up, thought I was an inside mid. But they soon realized they got a half forward flanker."

Back