Toast Jack Riewoldt - Mr. Big Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Seriously over the journey is there a Tiger who has delivered more consistently on the big stage than Jack?

- 4 goals tonight in a must win to secure a top 4 spot against the flag favourites
- 5 goals in a GF in 2019
- Kicked the winner in the game of the season against West Coast in 2019, ensuring us a top 4 spot
- 5 goals in our horror prelim against the Pies in 2018
- 3 massive goals in the 2017 grand final
- 4 goals in the horror North Melbourne elimination final

Doesn't matter how the team is going - Jack consistently rises to the top in the games that matter most. And all this against a background where his leadership wasn't always valued at the club. The pinnacle Richmond man

That mark he took at the start of the second half in 17 Grand Final when it was still tight.
and don't forget the pack mark in the first quarter - I think straight after the crows second goal. Lifted the side.

little story about our Jack. I had access to the rooms through my wife's work last year (for the Port Adelaide game at the G). We ended up taking my Tiger niece and (Pie :mad:) nephew. It was a weird experience because you have no access/contact with the players and your basically just watch them warm up before and shill after the game. The niece and nephew were a bit sad there was no autographs etc.....

....anyhow on the way back to Richmond station - who should we bump into... none other than Jack Riewoldt, walking back to his car. He was very gracious had his pick taken with the kids and happy to sign jumpers etc. Safe to say that there were two very very chuffed kids that night. That stuff is not easily forgotten.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see how the ball is brought forward into the forward line, now that there is no Lynch. We might go back to seeing the midfielders kicking the lion's share of Richmond's goals and more of the ball hitting the dirt on the way in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's an interesting rooster is our Jack. Extremely articulate, charismatic, has an elite understanding of the dynamics and systems of the game and a natural leader. He may well only have another couple of years on the field but if Richmond let him slide into media when he calls playing quits it will be a travesty. His potential as a forward line coach and developer of youth is off the charts. Hopefully Richmond will make it happen.

It will be very interesting to see how the ball is brought forward into the forward line, now that there is no Lynch. We might go back to seeing the midfielders kicking the lion's share of Richmond's goals and more of the ball hitting the dirt on the way in.
Why is there no Lynch?

Yeah he's an interesting rooster is our Jack. Extremely articulate, charismatic, has an elite understanding of the dynamics and systems of the game and a natural leader. He may well only have another couple of years on the field but if Richmond let him slide into media when he calls playing quits it will be a travesty. His potential as a forward line coach and developer of youth is off the charts. Hopefully Richmond will make it happen.
Yea I reckon we should snaffle at least one of this group as a dev coach, I called it on grigga but he went for greener pastures , don’t let jack go so easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back