Team Captain
Jul 7, 2004
Unleash the beast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
This is a joke.
What is wrong with the coaching and selection staff. Richmond flogged the past 2 weeks and this kid is killing them for Coburg.
No wonder the tigers have not won a game.

Jack atm would be better then the Whole Richmond side, with the exception of Foley so far. Disgrace that he is ingored in a team that gets thrashed, yet some plumber gets in!

what a joke... richmond cant win a game, make finals.. this is the PERFECT time to get games into the young players!

disgraceful!

This is a joke.
What is wrong with the coaching and selection staff. Richmond flogged the past 2 weeks and this kid is killing them for Coburg.
No wonder the tigers have not won a game.

Do you really want us to start answering that one.

But seriously you have to wonder about Richmonds ability to know which kids are ready and which one's are not.

what a joke... richmond cant win a game, make finals.. this is the PERFECT time to get games into the young players!

disgraceful!
Perfect Time??? You sure about that?

It might be a blessing in disguse that he doesnt get to play on arguably the best FB this week.

Perfect Time??? You sure about that?

It might be a blessing in disguse that he doesnt get to play on arguably the best FB this week.

i meant this season is a perfect time, not just specifically this week.. id say rutten would take richo or shultz or someone ahead of jack.. play him off a flank...

in any regard, why not learn off the best?

kid should play this week and for the whole season.. get games into the youngsters

I think it's not a bad move. Let him play back home in Tassie this week which at the same time means he's not making his debut in probably the most hostile environment around. Then next week he can come in at home with more support from the Tiger fans

Even last week I was thinking just that. Come on Wallet, there's no use yapping on about youth and 4 year plans if you're not even going to play your first round pick who's been in good form for the last 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll get his chance. Have a little faith for once Tiger's fans. The more time he gets at the lower level the better. But I must admit i'm looking forward to see him have a crack in the big league.

crows will play a flooding type of game so the tigers need to have more ground players at the fall of the ball that can contest the lose ball in the forward. riewoldt wont be given much lattitude so wont be worth playing him, and that is why they dropped hughes.

Yeh, i'm pretty shocked - he seems to be handling VFL better than any hawk 1st or 2nd yr player... looks to be the goods

The only thing i can think of is that Tigers dont want to throw him into the top footy environment, until they are a bit more settled on the field. But yeh, im not sure

Even last week I was thinking just that. Come on Wallet, there's no use yapping on about youth and 4 year plans if you're not even going to play your first round pick who's been in good form for the last 3 weeks.

He's hit the ground running from the start of the year, not just the last 3 weeks ;)

In his first game (well his 2nd, in his first he got injured) he kicked 5 goals. Bags of 3, 2, 4 and 5 followed.

He's leading the goalkicking with 19 goals in 5 matches which is okay (he plays CHF more so he sets up a lot).

Terry Wallace never once said Jack will be playing "this week". He twice said "he was very, very close to selection" but nothing more :D He's building the hype so Richmond actually have some positive media articles... for two weeks straight too! Terry is the master of spin and he chose his words carefully on purpose.

Jack was always going to play against the Bombers in 9 days or so. Some of us have been saying this all week...

He'll get his chance. Have a little faith for once Tiger's fans. The more time he gets at the lower level the better. But I must admit i'm looking forward to see him have a crack in the big league.

He played for Tassie in the VFL last year. The same comp just a different team.

Krakouer was 2nd emergency, WHY was Riewoldt NOT PICKED. Bloody Richmond.

Getting flogged already, I reckon 7 are pissed about this game on Friday night.

i meant this season is a perfect time, not just specifically this week.. id say rutten would take richo or shultz or someone ahead of jack.. play him off a flank...

in any regard, why not learn off the best?

kid should play this week and for the whole season.. get games into the youngsters
Yeah fair enough. But i remember when the other Riewoldt debuted and Troy Wilson ran through him and i think he did a shoulder. We all know he doesnt have the best of shoulders right now. Just pointing out. (I think big willo ran through Kosi as well... Can remember Pick 1 & 2 = Turds. lol).

Also remember Richo will be relieving in the ruck whilst Schultz is as consistent as me picking the Melbourne Cup winner.

Krakouer was 2nd emergency, WHY was Riewoldt NOT PICKED. Bloody Richmond.

Getting flogged already, I reckon 7 are pissed about this game on Friday night.

According to Nick Riewoldt's dad, Jack never travelled to Adelaide with the team. Something about Wallet not wanting him to travel 2 weeks in a row.

According to Nick Riewoldt's dad, Jack never travelled to Adelaide with the team. Something about Wallet not wanting him to travel 2 weeks in a row.

Well Richmond are coming back. What is the difference in travelling to Adelaide and Tassie. Doesn't make sense.

I'm only annoyed because with my SC team is missing R Murphy and Hawkins this week..so I'm down on one forward, I was hoping Riewoldt would debut. But I saw him when Coburg played Werribee, he was definitely one of your best players and I would have thought he'd deserve the call up, especially with the main squad being changed so much in the last few weeks. He'll get his turn soon, until then there's not much you can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back