Universal Love Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Jack - makes the game fun to watch.

Cops so many unjustified criticisms, so much crap, so much advice...
Love the fact that he says what he thinks - disagree that it was the worst thing in the world that he did.
Love his emotion and passion on the field in a Tiger jumper - no robot, a man with blood in his veins.

I spent an enjoyable 3 hours in the sun at the footy yesterday afternoon watching a great Tiger player having a big day.

In some ways it's why we are members of this club.

Haters - shove it up your arses - we love our Jack!

289617-4d548c0e-e30a-11e3-9054-714a6f76e9d4.jpg

& he loves The Tigers & us.

2304908_jackr_1280x720-19o0gnq.jpg

Roachy8,

Agree, agree, agree with everything you said. Our modern day Richo who clearly gives a sh!t.
The "too much like Hawthorn" remark may have been the single most insightful thing any player this year has said in an interview. The moment he said it I thought 'bang, he's nailed it'. We should play like Geelong.

The only thing that tops off my weekend after Jack's big day out is reading the tears of hate from his critics :D

It was great to see Jack Riewoldt take advantage of a very poor defensive outfit and kick 11 goals. Passing the ball to Trent Cotchin when he could of kicked 12 goals sums up how much he cares about his teamates. It is great to see a player love the club and the fans as much as Jack does.

The media brand him this and that and everyone hates him because he just plain good. But ive always known he was a tiger through and through. I dont care if he keeps 11 or 1 I'll always back him and always will, a true modern day tiger.

Couldnt believe some of *s saying to drop him on facebook! Clueless. Drop a dual-coleman medalist because he spoke out, wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been solid this year, from the Dogs game up until last week I'd been more than satisfied with his effort. Outsiders who were saying he's "dragging the club down" have got none.
Lynchy annoyed me yesterday on the fox pre show. He said Jacks' good and bad have to be closer together, but I thought he hasn't been that bad at all. I mean he is no Cloke at the moment.

Lynchy annoyed me yesterday on the fox pre show. He said Jacks' good and bad have to be closer together, but I thought he hasn't been that bad at all. I mean he is no Cloke at the moment.
None of them have any idea mate, just clueless.

All I learned from yesterday was for the amount of people that queue up to pot him, none of them ever actually watch him at all. Even his stats on paper look OK for a FF this year, so basically they couldn't even look in their footy records for 5 mins...

Slightly off topic but why would Cotchin lead and ask for Jack to pass to him when Jack was 15 metres out, not on a difficult angle and about to kick his 12th? Cotchin leading for the ball made less sense to me than Jack passing the ball to him.

Slightly off topic but why would Cotchin lead and ask for Jack to pass to him when Jack was 15 metres out, not on a difficult angle and about to kick his 12th? Cotchin leading for the ball made less sense to me than Jack passing the ball to him.

He wasn't leading lol He was 20m out directly in front compared to 10m out on a 45 degree angle. Cotchins shot was actually a lot easier and in a big game that's the right decision.

My stats indicate that after Jack had kicked his 11 goals, he went passed a few big names in the all-time most goals kicked:

Larry Donogue (338)

Vin Gardiner (341)

James Hird (343)

Dale Weightman (344)

Paul Chapman (346)

Jeff Hogg (347)

Lance Whitnall (348)

So far Jack has kicked 348 career goals, before his 11-goal game he had 337 goals.

Reference:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/highs1.html

Roachy8,

Agree, agree, agree with everything you said. Our modern day Richo who clearly gives a sh!t.
The "too much like Hawthorn" remark may have been the single most insightful thing any player this year has said in an interview. The moment he said it I thought 'bang, he's nailed it'. We should play like Geelong.
I agree Tiger Tank , it's the only piece of honesty that has come out of the club in 8 months . The rest has been pure shite

Jack has played 143 games for Richmond and kicked 348 goals and has won two Coleman Medals (2010 and 2012), a best and fairest (2010), a four-time Richmond leading goal kicker (2010-2013) and one All Australian (2010) and he's not even 26 yet. Since 2010 I reckon Jack has been on of the best forwards in the league. His stats back this up too and as some have said on here - other forwards are talked up more then him but that's ok, Jack can just go about his business and kick goals every game.

Jack's stats are certainly impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back