Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
We like jack's at Richmond 1 more and we have 4 Jacks ;)

Jack Riewoldt
Jack Higgins
Jack Graham

J Is a very popular letter at Tigerland

J.Caddy
J.Townsend
J.Castagna
J.Short
J.Ballard
J.Aarts
J.Fletcher
J.Cusack
J.Ernest

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
[QUOTE="bird_man, post: 56115946, member: 127770"struggled in the NEAFL from reports?[/QUOTE]
Rd 1vs aspley scrim ( 20 ) ,
Rd 2 vs GwS scrim ( 7) , went off after first half injured
Rd 3 vs Brisbane scrim ( injured ) ,
Rd 4 vs Sydney scrim (injured ) ,
Rd 5 vs bye
Rd 6 vs Brisbane scrim (32 )
Rd 7 , thunder scrim (27)
Rd 8 ,bye
Rd 9 Southport scrim ( 23)

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
[QUOTE="bird_man, post: 56115946, member: 127770"struggled in the NEAFL from reports?
Rd 5 vs bye
Rd 8 ,bye
Rd 9 Southport scrim ( 23)[/QUOTE]
Having a look at his player rating from last year, doesn't look all that bad, but you'd still expect a lot more from a pick 7.

Probably only worth a second round pick now you would think?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
few whispers around that the 2016 pick number 7 jack scrimshaw is unhappy on the coast and wants to return to victoria
Just another example of length of contracts meaning absolutely nothing, he signed an extension early in his first year and is contracted to the end of 2020.

Hopefully the Suns don't have their Go Home 5 type off season, that off season left a hole in our list that is still felt today.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Rd 5 vs bye
Rd 8 ,bye
Rd 9 Southport scrim ( 23)
Having a look at his player rating from last year, doesn't look all that bad, but you'd still expect a lot more from a pick 7.

Probably only worth a second round pick now you would think?[/QUOTE]
Depend on how you view it , you need to take into account who he plays with in NeAfl , Footy is a team sport not like tennis. He cannot do it all just because he is high draft pick . Eg Mccartin , he can score 6 goal in VFL if his teammates in VFL are good , but if they are injured and replace by semi pro , you won't blame cartin for limited goal.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

Probably only worth a second round pick now you would think?
Depend on how you view it , you need to take into account who he plays with in NeAfl , Footy is a team sport not like tennis. He cannot do it all just because he is high draft pick . Eg Mccartin .[/QUOTE]
So why don’t you think he is able to get a game in the AFL side?

Edit: Not sure what the go is with this quoting by the way?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Depend on how you view it , you need to take into account who he plays with in NeAfl , Footy is a team sport not like tennis. He cannot do it all just because he is high draft pick . Eg Mccartin .
Injuries and position he played .
Edit: Not sure what the go is with this quoting by the way?[/QUOTE]
The go is I view his situation like Doedee where somebody playing in AFL is better than him , but if Risca or Hall are gone he might get his chance in AFL.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Injuries and position he played .
Edit: Not sure what the go is with this quoting by the way?
The go is I view his situation like Doedee where somebody playing in AFL is better than him , but if Risca or Hall are gone he might get his chance in AFL.[/QUOTE]

Adelaide were playing off in a grand final last year and had Jake Lever playing that role. Seems very different to GC’s scenario to me.

I reckon there are plenty of spots up for grabs if he were performing well enough.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
The go is I view his situation like Doedee where somebody playing in AFL is better than him , but if Risca or Hall are gone he might get his chance in AFL.

Adelaide were playing off in a grand final last year and had Jake Lever playing that role. Seems very different to GC’s scenario to me.

I reckon there are plenty of spots up for grabs if he were performing well enough.[/QUOTE]
Like I said that is you view nothing wrong with it , but my view is different and you can't blame me having a bias view where you team also not doing that well on the ladder .

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

I reckon there are plenty of spots up for grabs if he were performing well enough.
Like I said that is you view nothing wrong with it , but my view is different and you can't blame me having a bias view where you team also not doing that well on the ladder .[/QUOTE]

Where my team sits on the ladder has nothing to do with the point I’m trying to get across, which that I think for a pick 7 he has been disappointing and that I think his value is no where near where he was drafted now.

My club is far from great at the moment and I sure as hell wouldn’t be expecting pick one if McCartin were to leave.

PostPaolo

All Australian
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Can see the Suns unfortunately getting fleeced, being forced to trade away a #7 overall pick from 2016 and convert to a second-round pick this year. Hope he stays and fulfills his potential however.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Where my team sits on the ladder has nothing to do with the point I’m trying to get across, which that I think for a pick 7 he has been disappointing and that I think his value is no where near where he was drafted now.

My club is far from great at the moment and I sure as hell wouldn’t be expecting pick one if McCartin were to leave.

Bloke often sticks a needle in, like has to score a point off you, that has little to do with the discussion at hand.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Yeah heard similar stuff that he isn't the best trainer and thus isn't getting the greatest opportunities at GC. Might look to return home because of it

Source: Jack's cousin

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I hear he has nominated Richmond
Hardly the type of player Richmond need to be honest,We have Markov,Naish,Menadue in the reserves playing great football and cant get a look in Due to Grimes,Broad,McIntosh,Ellis playing well.

He was the player that was taken with the Pretia pick and would have taken either Scrimshaw or Brodie had we not traded that pick
The Prestia trade looking better everday

Back