Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
A future Hawthorn team might look like this:

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

Pittonet. Shiels. Mitchell

Impey. Howe. Nash. Ceglar.

You do realize how s**t this team is right? Lol. Bolded are the good players -

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

Impey. Howe. Nash. Ceglar

You literally have an entire list that is made up of 13 good players, once the rest retire. Burton looks like he's leaving, so he's been italicized. You literally have no decent ruck and no key position players, besides Gunston, who barely fits the criteria.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lmao... Straight sets each year since then... Awks...
Lose Hodge, Mitchell, Gibso and Lewis - 2 years later finish 4th.

Pick up Scully, Scrimshaw and potentially Wingard.

Next year hearing rumours of Whitfield plus the one's we don't know about yet.

Destination club. Fantastic coach.

All sounds good to me.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I have no idea about how we went at Gold Coast (other than reports in here) but I recall when he was drafted that there was a lot of talk about potential and he didn't really have a strong pedigree of good consistent performances even in his U18 year. I think people could see the upside of that Bontempelli type player but I guess it really hasn't worked out so far.

No matter how the rest of his career goes, trading a top 10 draftee out after 2 years is an awful result for Gold Coast.

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

You literally have an entire list that is made up of 13 good players, once the rest retire. Burton looks like he's leaving, so he's been italicized. You literally have no decent ruck and no key position players, besides Gunston, who barely fits the criteria.

Yet they all toweled up Geelong at AFL or VFL level this year

#boom

Sep 22, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lose Hodge, Mitchell, Gibso and Lewis - 2 years later finish 4th.

Pick up Scully, Scrimshaw and potentially Wingard.

Next year hearing rumours of Whitfield plus the one's we don't know about yet.

Destination club. Fantastic coach.

All sounds good to me.

spewing we missed out on Gary Rohan though.........:rolleyes:

what is is with these obsessed Geelong posters.....? just because your re-boot isnt going quite as well as ours, no need to waste your time on these threads....

"but but but, how is hawthorn allowed to get these trades done?..there needs to be an inquiry..."

LOL...both clubs are trying to rebuild on the fly....its a tough thing to do....but im pretty happy with the moves we are making and we are clearly excellent at development....will most likely drop a few spots next year, out of the 8 is definitely a possibility, but the future looks bright....

Jan 16, 2005
paradise
AFL Club
Carlton
I have no idea about how we went at Gold Coast (other than reports in here) but I recall when he was drafted that there was a lot of talk about potential and he didn't really have a strong pedigree of good consistent performances even in his U18 year. I think people could see the upside of that Bontempelli type player but I guess it really hasn't worked out so far.

No matter how the rest of his career goes, trading a top 10 draftee out after 2 years is an awful result for Gold Coast.
Lazy and disinterested were the reports i read ....not sure if he will ever make it

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Yep disastrous

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Read. Previous. Posts. Stated. That. Geelong. In. The. Same. Boat. But. At. Least. We. Have. Gone. To. The. Draft. A. Few. Times.

No comprende by Hawthorn supporters it seems. Spending too much time defending the indefensible lol.

In no way am I defending them, at least they are trying to bring in A grade talent in wingard and Scully unlike geelong topping up with Rohan and dalhaus .

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Someone call the cops, the Suns have just been robbed.

A late pick upgrade of around 5 spots (basically nothing) for a pick 7 with huge upside.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

I think Ceglar is a decent player. I absolutely agree on needing a big KPP (forward mainly). We need to find Roughead's replacement and I'm not comfortable with Brand at all.

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

I think anyone with any common sense can see that there are some serious gaps in that team/list going forward. Our older players aren't all retiring tomorrow and we will be able to trade and/or draft to replace them. Hawks, like the Cats, have proven to be able to get the best out of late picks. No reason to be too worried at this stage.

There will also be internal improvement from some of the young, raw guys that people outside of HFC don't rate yet (with good reason). Guys like Dylan Moore, Oly Hanrahan, Mitch Lewis Conor Glass and Conor Nash all have considerable potential - but a long, long way to go before they're established!

Sep 22, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think anyone with any common sense can see that there are some serious gaps in that team/list going forward. Our older players aren't all retiring tomorrow and we will be able to trade and/or draft to replace them. Hawks, like the Cats, have proven to be able to get the best out of late picks. No reason to be too worried at this stage.

There will also be internal improvement from some of the young, raw guys that people outside of HFC don't rate yet (with good reason). Guys like Dylan Moore, Oly Hanrahan, Mitch Lewis Conor Glass and Conor Nash all have considerable potential - but a long, long way to go before they're established!

says alot about the teams that finished below hawthorn this year.... and the teams that this "average list" was able to beat twice....

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
In no way am I defending them, at least they are trying to bring in A grade talent in wingard and Scully unlike geelong topping up with Rohan and dalhaus .

Dahlhaus is a free hit and exactly what we need in the forward line, and Rohan was pretty much a free hit with pick 61 and a 2 year contract for compassionate reasons / Sydney wanted him out.

Completely different scenario to the Hawks and bringing in Wingard and Scully, yet losing their picks and losing a young talented player.

Back