Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dahlhaus is a free hit and exactly what we need in the forward line, and Rohan was pretty much a free hit with pick 61 and a 2 year contract for compassionate reasons / Sydney wanted him out.

Completely different scenario to the Hawks and bringing in Wingard and Scully, yet losing their picks and losing a young talented player.
Dalhaus is a good pick up, especially for free! I'm not a massive fan of Rohan personally but he's cheap so why not.

says alot about the teams that finished below hawthorn this year.... and the teams that this "average list" was able to beat twice....
Not really, I'm talking about the list going forward. Right now, with all of our strong senior players, strong leadership and system, it's not hard to see why we won the games we did. Concerning to lose twice to Brisbane though?

Anyone else feel like Hawthorn pulling a Geelong? Trying desperately not to fall off and remain relevant by neglecting the draft and just trading in players each year?

Going to have a list of a couple of superstars surrounded by cloggers.

I think most Hawthorn supporters are missing the point made by Juzzk1d..

Your team isn't turning rubbish anytime soon.. yes, you have got a few guns on your list and a handful of good players.. But like Geelong your bottom 10 or so players will just be 'thereabouts' for years to come.

You will continue to push the top 8, but will not go deep into September, your simply making up the numbers.

I think most Hawthorn supporters are missing the point made by Juzzk1d..

Your team isn't turning rubbish anytime soon.. yes, you have got a few guns on your list and a handful of good players.. But like Geelong your bottom 10 or so players will just be 'thereabouts' for years to come.

You will continue to push the top 8, but will not go deep into September, your simply making up the numbers.
It's just an odd opinion to post in a thread about a 20 year old that we have just brought in to the club. We have targeted him for the future, not for the next 2 years.

You do realize how s**t this team is right? Lol. Bolded are the good players -

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

Pittonet. Shiels. Mitchell

Impey. Howe. Nash. Ceglar

You literally have an entire list that is made up of 13 good players, once the rest retire. Burton looks like he's leaving, so he's been italicized. You literally have no decent ruck and no key position players, besides Gunston, who barely fits the criteria.

Technically, Hawthorn are still allowed to add and develop players over the next 3-4 years

:rolleyes:

Hawthorn turned over roughly half their 22 between 2015 and now, losing much more critical players than we are set to lose over the next 3-4 years (Lake, Gibson, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Hill, Rioli, Hale, Suckling...). And yet we still won 15 games this year. Go figure.

Burgoyne's Knee is bone on bone
Tom Mitchell is too slow for AFL
Brian Lake is washed up and a headcase
Josh Gibson is just a prettyboy
Jaeger will never play again
Stewie Dew is so fat (*ok, this one was right)

I think Clarko knows footy players
#TrustTheProcess
You left out Vickery :p

OK he was too much of a stretch for the great man to turn around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgoyne's Knee is bone on bone
Tom Mitchell is too slow for AFL
Brian Lake is washed up and a headcase
Josh Gibson is just a prettyboy
Jaeger will never play again
Stewie Dew is so fat (*ok, this one was right)

I think Clarko knows footy players
#TrustTheProcess
Yeah. Bloody idiot opposition supporters...

Checks own username and hides

You do realize how s**t this team is right? Lol. Bolded are the good players -

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

Pittonet. Shiels. Mitchell

Impey. Howe. Nash. Ceglar

You literally have an entire list that is made up of 13 good players, once the rest retire. Burton looks like he's leaving, so he's been italicized. You literally have no decent ruck and no key position players, besides Gunston, who barely fits the criteria.
Few more trades with Clarko’s mates and we will sort it out

We can't afford 400k to be playing in the NEAFL.

This bloke was another speculative Clayton special, so glad Clayton is out of the club.

We got well unders for him but freed up some cap space.

Questions over his commitment and professionalism will be interesting to see what happens at the Hawks or is he the next Jon O Rourke?

Still have Brodie, Bowes and Ainsworth from the 2016 draft that all look really good. Ballard came in this year and has already easily eclipsed Scrimshaw in the first team.

Good luck to the bloke though, hope he can get his career going.

Not really, I'm talking about the list going forward. Right now, with all of our strong senior players, strong leadership and system, it's not hard to see why we won the games we did. Concerning to lose twice to Brisbane though?
Our ladder position flattered us. Won't be as easy next year with a more difficult draw.
Still a long way off contending IMO.
Then again, who are the teams really jumping up the table?
Can't see GWS being better in the short term.
Essendon should improve, but how much? Not sure.
NM will be better, but do they have enough elite talent? Not sure.
I see Sydney stagnating if not dropping.
If the Crows get a better run with injury, though seems to more going on there than just injury.
Port? Plenty of question marks. If you think they can be better, how do you explain last season?

No clear cut challengers. I don't see the top 3 changing much. Hawthorn the ones who are very difficult to get a read on in that top 8 group

Strange thing Gold Coast took him in the first place. Were they really in a position to be taking speculative non-hardworking players?
Some of the draft experts really like him. Cal Twomey for instance is very high on him. Has been surprised that he hasn't been successful and saw no signs of any poor attitude/other issues with him as a youngster.
I liked how honest and mature he was at the PWC breakfast the other day. Acknowledged and talked about his struggles off the field (without being specific).
I'm hopeful, but think he'll need patience.

Yes folks a Melbourne supporter wrote this. :eek:

The Hawks who have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century are just making up the numbers. :eek:

Meanwhile Melbourne who have had 478 top 10 picks in the draft continue to rack up jack s**t. :thumbsu:

Sorry for being in a bad mood but the Hawks Premiership drought is bloody killing me. :eek:

Any tips on how to cope?

Last edited:
Yes folks a Melbourne supporter wrote this. :eek:

The Hawks who have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century are just making up the numbers. :eek:

Meanwhile Melbourne who have had 478 top 10 picks in the draft continue to rack up jack s**t. :thumbsu:

I am not sure about you but the Hawks Premiership drought is bloody killing me. :eek:

Any tips on how to cope?

Unable to post without bleating about who a poster supports? Who you support doesn't make someones posts more or less correct. Try not playing the man for once.

Yes our drafting and development was shite for quite a damn while hey? What does that have to do with your mob middling out. For such a apparently s**t side we sure did seem to have beaten Hawthorn handily, what does it say about your chances considering we weren't within 10 goals of the Eagles.

Past success doesn't guarantee future success, ask a Dees supporter after we won 5 flags in 6 years if we'd fail to win one for half a century and more and they'd tell you exactly what Hawthorn supports say now. "We are a well run club, win flags every decade, falling off guaranteed not to happen". At least Clarkson doesn't seem as pig headed, complacent and expectant of success as the worst of your mobs supporters. Hawthorn expected to have success through 1992-1995 but you were making up the numbers then too.

Don't know what tips might help you, last time you went through a drought your club nearly went extinct. Sticking by your club through thick and thin seems to be a foreign concept to most your supporters, they got the supporting through the thick part downpat, but the thin? I hope you'll be able to cope when your bandwagon supporters jump off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back