Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realize how s**t this team is right? Lol. Bolded are the good players -

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

Pittonet. Shiels. Mitchell

Impey. Howe. Nash. Ceglar

You literally have an entire list that is made up of 13 good players, once the rest retire. Burton looks like he's leaving, so he's been italicized. You literally have no decent ruck and no key position players, besides Gunston, who barely fits the criteria.
I, ................forget it.

were making up the numbers then too.

Don't know what tips might help you, last time you went through a drought your club nearly went extinct. Sticking by your club through thick and thin seems to be a foreign concept to most your supporters, they got the supporting through the thick part downpat, but the thin? I hope you'll be able to cope when your bandwagon supporters jump off.
You forgot to mention in the thick and thin part of the rant how the Hawthorn member voted NO, how's that not sticking fat?

At least show some gratitude abut the Hawthorn members voting to save the MFC.

Sounds like a cheaper Jono O'Rourke. Super high draft pick that ended up a spud.
Hi jobe, how about those blokes called Sammy and Tommy Mitchell, what a pain they are as they both have what you will never have.

Seriously dude JOR has nothing to do with Scrimshaw, completely different players.

Do you know anything about the kid at all?

Or are you just displaying the usual Essendon supporters "Hawk Envy"

Last edited:
Sounds like a cheaper Jono O'Rourke. Super high draft pick that ended up a spud.
Sounds more like Aaron Francis to me.

Talented young player that struggles to get himself to an AFL standard level of fitness in his first few years that still has all the talent to make it.

Yeah poor Hawks. Weren't we going to be in the cellar when Mitchell, Lewis, Gibson and Hodge finished?

Lmao... Straight sets each year since then... Awks...

So not in the cellar then?

We weren't going to win s**t this year. Once we made the finals I had a feeling that we would struggle with the class of Richmond and Melbourne and that is exactly what played out. Still better than missing out though, you can't buy the experience playing finals.

You literally have an entire list that is made up of 13 good players, once the rest retire. Burton looks like he's leaving, so he's been italicized. You literally have no decent ruck and no key position players, besides Gunston, who barely fits the criteria.

You gave an opinion and that is fine, but I think you need to look up what the word literally means because you are using it wrong.

I would of thought that someone born in 1989 would know this.

We can't afford 400k to be playing in the NEAFL.

This bloke was another speculative Clayton special, so glad Clayton is out of the club.

We got well unders for him but freed up some cap space.

Questions over his commitment and professionalism will be interesting to see what happens at the Hawks or is he the next Jon O Rourke?

Still have Brodie, Bowes and Ainsworth from the 2016 draft that all look really good. Ballard came in this year and has already easily eclipsed Scrimshaw in the first team.

Good luck to the bloke though, hope he can get his career going.

I dont like the comparison to JOR. He cost a lot more because he had a lot more talent, but has been ruined by injury. The questions over Scrimshaw seem to be over commitment and drive.

He was still a bust though at the end of the ay though so I can see why the comparison is used when speculating.

GC don't seem to be too fussed to let him move on, especially considering the 3 guys from the same draft you mentioned. Trade went though cleanly and professionally which means its probably a win-win if JS works out for us and a win-neutral if not.

You gave an opinion and that is fine, but I think you need to look up what the word literally means because you are using it wrong.

I would of thought that someone born in 1989 would know this.
Try again lol.

I didn't realize we were in a formal environment here. Might have to tell Bay 13 to up the grammatical ante.

literally
/ˈlɪt(ə)rəli/
adverb
  1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout"
    synonyms: verbatim, word for word, line for line, letter for letter, to the letter; More
    • INFORMAL
      used for emphasis while not being literally true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know anything about the kid at all?
People who have worked with him all say the same thing: he doesn't have the drive and determination to be an AFL player. Has been that way since high school. Why do you think Gold Coast gave up on him with 2 years to go on his contract, and basically gave him away for nothing? Half of the recruiters in the AFL said that they wouldn't even have drafted him at all. O'Rourke was obviously much the same. Had the talent but not the drive, couldn't get his fitness up and plodded around in the reserves for most of his career. I know he was injury-affected, but that wasn't the only reason he failed.

But hey, maybe Hawthorn will turn him around. They got him for basically nothing so not much to lose.

Last edited:
Lazy and disinterested were the reports i read ....not sure if he will ever make it

Yeah that is a hard one to fix.

From our point of view I hope the fact he comes from a die hard Hawks family (I think I read his uncle played seniors) might be enough to 'inspire' him. It shouldn't be like that but in this case if it works, I'll take it.

Some of the draft experts really like him. Cal Twomey for instance is very high on him. Has been surprised that he hasn't been successful and saw no signs of any poor attitude/other issues with him as a youngster.
I liked how honest and mature he was at the PWC breakfast the other day. Acknowledged and talked about his struggles off the field (without being specific).
I'm hopeful, but think he'll need patience.

I remember at be time people had doubts on him, and a lot of him being so sought after was because the dogs had just won a flag and GC didn’t want to miss out on the next Bont.

There were some phantom drafts who didn’t even have him in their top 30 as he had only ever shown glimpses.

Yes folks a Melbourne supporter wrote this. :eek:

The Hawks who have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century are just making up the numbers. :eek:

Meanwhile Melbourne who have had 478 top 10 picks in the draft continue to rack up jack s**t. :thumbsu:

Sorry for being in a bad mood but the Hawks Premiership drought is bloody killing me. :eek:

Any tips on how to cope?

Many people seem to confuse who a person supports with the quality of their posts.

Why on earth would a Melbourne supporter have less insight than a Hawthorn supporter, just simply by the fact their a Melbourne supporter?

Unable to post without bleating about who a poster supports? Who you support doesn't make someones posts more or less correct. Try not playing the man for once.

Yes our drafting and development was shite for quite a damn while hey? What does that have to do with your mob middling out. For such a apparently s**t side we sure did seem to have beaten Hawthorn handily, what does it say about your chances considering we weren't within 10 goals of the Eagles.

Past success doesn't guarantee future success, ask a Dees supporter after we won 5 flags in 6 years if we'd fail to win one for half a century and more and they'd tell you exactly what Hawthorn supports say now. "We are a well run club, win flags every decade, falling off guaranteed not to happen". At least Clarkson doesn't seem as pig headed, complacent and expectant of success as the worst of your mobs supporters. Hawthorn expected to have success through 1992-1995 but you were making up the numbers then too.

Don't know what tips might help you, last time you went through a drought your club nearly went extinct. Sticking by your club through thick and thin seems to be a foreign concept to most your supporters, they got the supporting through the thick part downpat, but the thin? I hope you'll be able to cope when your bandwagon supporters jump off.

Bingo, hubris has brought down many a top dominant side in the past and it will happen again.

I never could of envisioned what we have endured from 2002 when I was growing up, but here we are.

Not saying Hawthorn are heading for a fall like what we experienced anytime soon, but usually as soon as anyone thinks their infallible it’s the beginning of the end.

That side won’t be running out next year. But I would expect significant improvement from the likes of Moore, Morrison, Hanrahan and Worpel et.el.
Coupled with some canny trading next year- we’ll be fine.

Devils advocate here, Gold Coast would expect as much improvement from their youngsters (admittedly from a far lower base as a club than Hawthorn).

Then there is no guarantee Scully will be anything more than what Daisy is producing for us or Scrimshaw will be any more value than JOR.

That leaves Wingard coming in who should replace Rioli to some degree, but then losing one of the few potential young a graders in Burton.

Then there are 8 guys over 30 next season as well.

Basically a lot needs to go right to have another crack at a flag.

I’d be thinking Hawthorn will be in the mid pack of sides next season anywhere between 5th and 12th. In other words somewhere between 10-14 wins.

Devils advocate here, Gold Coast would expect as much improvement from their youngsters (admittedly from a far lower base as a club than Hawthorn).

Then there is no guarantee Scully will be anything more than what Daisy is producing for us or Scrimshaw will be any more value than JOR.

That leaves Wingard coming in who should replace Rioli to some degree, but then losing one of the few potential young a graders in Burton.

Then there are 8 guys over 30 next season as well.

Basically a lot needs to go right to have another crack at a flag.

I’d be thinking Hawthorn will be in the mid pack of sides next season anywhere between 5th and 12th. In other words somewhere between 10-14 wins.
Does everyone feel a compulsive need to compare JOR to Scrimshaw like it actually means anything?

You do realize how s**t this team is right? Lol. Bolded are the good players -

Burton. Brand. Hardwick

Miles. Sicily. Morrison

Worpel. O’Meara. Scully

Wingard. Gunston. Breust

Moore. Lewis. Hanrahan

Pittonet. Shiels. Mitchell

Impey. Howe. Nash. Ceglar

Are you having a laugh mate? Impey is not good he's still the same **** inconsistent player he was at Port. Howe Worpel, Morrison and Hardwick are so overrated. They're average. I actually never realised how bad the Hawks list looks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back