Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you having a laugh mate? Impey is not good he's still the same **** inconsistent player he was at Port. Howe Worpel, Morrison and Hardwick are so overrated. They're average. I actually never realised how bad the Hawks list looks.

To be fair I like Impey and think he’s been a very good pick up

Are you having a laugh mate? Impey is not good he's still the same **** inconsistent player he was at Port. Howe Worpel, Morrison and Hardwick are so overrated. They're average. I actually never realised how bad the Hawks list looks.
I was trying to be kind lol. Knew there'd be a shitstorm if I didn't include those players, so put them in to keep the peace. FWIW, I think Morrison and Worpel have upside, but Howe and Impey could go either way. Still not a great list

I was trying to be kind lol. Knew there'd be a shitstorm if I didn't include those players, so put them in to keep the peace. FWIW, I think Morrison and Worpel have upside, but Howe and Impey could go either way. Still not a great list
Haha you've been too kind.

Worpel has no upside he's peaked it's why he fell so far. Yeah he can play day 1 but his upside was limited, Impey will always be that has 1 good play a game averaging around 16 disposals, Howe won't be much more then a tagged and Morrison isn't much.
To be fair I like Impey and think he’s been a very good pick up
How? Apart from just being a best 22 player.

Don't know what tips might help you, last time you went through a drought your club nearly went extinct. Sticking by your club through thick and thin seems to be a foreign concept to most your supporters, they got the supporting through the thick part downpat, but the thin? I hope you'll be able to cope when your bandwagon supporters jump off.

aren't our "bandwagon" supporters a central reason why the melbourne demons still exist?

High draft pick who hadn’t done anything at original club, then moved to Hawthorn.

Many Hawks fans assume they have a bargain and whatever problems he had will be turned around.
So a midfield high draft pick with dodgy hamstrings doesn't meet expectations so automatically a 2nd year backman player leaving GC will also fail.

Obviously the same thing.

Worpel has no upside he's peaked it's why he fell so far. Yeah he can play day 1 but his upside was limited, Impey will always be that has 1 good play a game averaging around 16 disposals, Howe won't be much more then a tagged and Morrison isn't much.

How? Apart from just being a best 22 player.
^ the vengeful scorn of a man who’s club is about to have their most dynamic player ripped away from them by the well oiled machine that is Hawthorn:D

^ the vengeful scorn of a man who’s club is about to have their most dynamic player ripped away from them by the well oiled machine that is Hawthorn:D
No I'm actually one of the guys who doesn't care. I'm very exited for this draft because let's face it Ports list is going no where. Hayes was the best ruck prospect last year and slid from the top 15 to 43, we got Todd Marshall the best key forward in the 2016 draft along with SPP who got 3rd in the rising star and would of won it any other year but McGrath and Burton were the two best young guys in a while, add that with Atley who was destroying the SANFL before his injury, plus Wines, Farrell, Howard, Houston, Byrne, Bonner, Clurey who are all best 22 and under 24. Add all this with Burton, pick 15, 10 and 6 in a very good draft.

So stop making excuses you clearly hate the truth because you had to bring that up.

If you honestly think those guys I mentioned were good then clearly your a biased supporter.

If Justin Westhoff at what 32 is your best player, would have thought Wingard almost comes for almost free.

So Justin Westhoff according to your team is better than Robbie Gray, Chad, Ollie, well hell two blokes that now play at NM. (And a few others)

I like Justin Westhoff think he's always had a crack at worst and been better other years. But he's your best player according to your club this year...

Why are the others worth more than Justin apart from a smallish age gap?

If Justin Westhoff at what 32 is your best player, would have thought Wingard almost comes for almost free.

So Justin Westhoff according to your team is better than Robbie Gray, Chad, Ollie, well hell two blokes that now play at NM. (And a few others)

I like Justin Westhoff think he's always had a crack at worst and been better other years. But he's your best player according to your club this year...

Why are the others worth more than Justin apart from a smallish age gap?
Honestly I'm shocked also. This was his best season yet but still behind R. Gray, Wingard and Wine.(btw he's miles better then Pitard)

Don't know his value tbh, wouldn't be much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that's what usually happens can you really blame us?

Vickery, JOR and Garlett of recent times.

Everyone will have misses no matter how good your decision making behind the scenes is.

I’ll say this though, if Wingard plays like 2014, Scully is back to his 16-17 best and Scrimshaw can become a valuable contributor you could be in the flag mix next year.

Obviously the hawks are banking on by constantly being up around the mark they will keep attracting players to the club. (Like Geelong have done)

Also because Clarko has been great thus far doesn’t mean he will be forever. Essendon fell into that trap with Sheedy, kept thinking he had a plan when he was just the football equivalent of being senile for 5 years before getting the boot.

So a midfield high draft pick with dodgy hamstrings doesn't meet expectations so automatically a 2nd year backman player leaving GC will also fail.

Obviously the same thing.

I wasn’t inferring they were separated at birth.

I and others have noted the similarities. Of course it could play out differently, the future isn’t written yet as far as I’m aware

Yeah we’ve got no youth & out players are average.
Finished to 4 anyway.

David Kosch.... Port are... well...well you know, I don’t need to tell you.
Best go buy a Crows jumper or something as they will finish higher than Port next year :)

Yeah we’ve got no youth & out players are average.
Finished to 4 anyway.

David Kosch.... Port are... well...well you know, I don’t need to tell you.
Best go buy a Crows jumper or something as they will finish higher than Port next year :)
Very laughable. You realise you have no good youth yet you don't want to realise it. You didn't finish 4th because of youth. Smh. It's called having an easy draw, Hawks had no hope against anyone when it came to the finals. Smashed every game.

Your an odd guy wtf are you on about in that 2nd part? Rebuilding? Yeah clearly. It doesn't matter where Crows finish I don't live in Adelaide so I don't get the rivalry, but who cares it'll be interesting to see where both SA teams finish.

Devils advocate here, Gold Coast would expect as much improvement from their youngsters (admittedly from a far lower base as a club than Hawthorn).

Then there is no guarantee Scully will be anything more than what Daisy is producing for us or Scrimshaw will be any more value than JOR.

That leaves Wingard coming in who should replace Rioli to some degree, but then losing one of the few potential young a graders in Burton.

Then there are 8 guys over 30 next season as well.

Basically a lot needs to go right to have another crack at a flag.

I’d be thinking Hawthorn will be in the mid pack of sides next season anywhere between 5th and 12th. In other words somewhere between 10-14 wins.
Here we go again , god this shits becoming boring !

If I was attending a fire sale I would much prefer to go to the GWS one than the GC one as at least GWS have a reason for the fire sale (salary cap). Hawks attended both I guess.

Anyway, the issue I would have with this guy is that GC have driven a hard bargain over the years in trades and have packed this guys bags and put him on the first flight back to Melbourne. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

Is this thread full of children who don't realize it's possible for high draft picks to flop? Have these posters never heard of Mitch Thorpe, Beau Dowler, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Lucas Cook, Richard Tambling, Daniel Gorringe, Jimmy Toumpas, Jonathan O'Rourke(pick 2 who got to Hawthorn cheap, now delisted), Ben Lennon.

He's cheap because he probably isn't that good.

Good call, And go back even longer there were these pick 1’s

Richard Louder, Anthony Banik, John Hutton, Daren Gasper, Clive Waterhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back