Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you having a laugh mate? Impey is not good he's still the same **** inconsistent player he was at Port. Howe Worpel, Morrison and Hardwick are so overrated. They're average. I actually never realised how bad the Hawks list looks.

Impey has been very good this season. Obviously you've watched every one of our games and can give a good account for your opinion though.

team in 4 Years time: Mitchell, JOM, Sicily, Scully, Hardwick, Gunston, Bruest, Shiels, Morrison, Worpel, Miles, Ceglar, Impey, Smith, Wingard?, Howe, Moore, Hanrahan, Glass, Nash, Scrimshaw, Cousins.

I see a cliff coming in about 4/5 years time.

team in 4 Years time: Mitchell, JOM, Sicily, Scully, Hardwick, Gunston, Bruest, Shiels, Morrison, Worpel, Miles, Ceglar, Impey, Smith, Wingard?, Howe, Moore, Hanrahan, Glass, Nash, Scrimshaw, Cousins.

I see a cliff coming in about 4/5 years time.

I would put money on no-one getting 4 of 8 teams in the 8 in 5 years time. But I assume we will still have a soft draw or some other excuse for us making finals.

I would put money on no-one getting 4 of 8 teams in the 8 in 5 years time. But I assume we will still have a soft draw or some other excuse for us making finals.
The cliff is coming, hawthorn just keep moving it with good recruiting.

The cliff is coming, hawthorn just keep moving it with good recruiting.
Scrimshaw couldn't get a game at the Suns. Potentially a good recruit, but I wouldn't mark him down in your book just yet. Same goes for Scully.

Impey started the season well but thought his last part of the season was pretty average.

His form did drop away in the middle of the season, but it picked up again. He's a similar player to Varcoe in that he doesn't need to have many touches to have an impact on games.

Scrimshaw couldn't get a game at the Suns. Potentially a good recruit, but I wouldn't mark him down in your book just yet. Same goes for Scully.
Correct, but Morrison, Worpel, JOM, Mitchell, Sicily, Hardwick, Burton, Henderson, Nash, Glass, Impey have all been successful in various degrees.

Burgoyne and O’Meara both arrived at Hawthorn coming off severe injuries. We all know how they turned out. :)

Which is why we paid late picks and will probably have them on small contracts which grow quickly as they get games.
Well Scrimshaw was on 400k with us with 2 years left. Clayton super move right there...

I don't know how it works, do the Hawks pick up the rest of the contract or do they put together their own contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Scrimshaw was on 400k with us with 2 years left. Clayton super move right there...

I don't know how it works, do the Hawks pick up the rest of the contract or do they put together their own contract.

I assume he goes on a new contract. Probably an extra year or 2 with a whole different set of clauses.

So you guys signed him up to a big new contract after only a year when he hadnt even played any games? Yikes.

I assume he goes on a new contract. Probably an extra year or 2 with a whole different set of clauses.

So you guys signed him up to a big new contract after only a year when he hadnt even played any games? Yikes.

Hawthorn have to cover the rest of his 800000 over the 2 years but can adjust it if they like. If they sign him for longer they can adjust it.

So in other words turn him from 400000a year over 2 years to 300000 a year over 3.

Hawthorn have to cover the rest of his 800000 over the 2 years but can adjust it if they like. If they sign him for longer they can adjust it.

So in other words turn him from 400000a year over 2 years to 300000 a year over 3.

Or spread out over 4 years even.

I still cant believe Gold Coast signed someone who hadnt played a game to a $400,000 a year contract. What a rabble of a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back