Recommitted Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone expecting his brother to get another contract?

Depends on how he develops like all kids his age, and the progression of similar types in Marchbank, Goddard and Macreadie who have all at times shown they can be good enough if things go right.

I’d like to see him get a third year at this early stage. We probably won’t find much better at the draft next year and he’s still skin and bones yet. More talented than Jack who is slowly becoming an important part of the list but perhaps doesn’t have the same work ethic.

50/50 chance IMO.

His brother should make it but way too early to tell as Ben is a pure key position player and it takes a little longer to establish yourself as Harry McKay found as a forward in first couple of years on list.

Depends on how he develops like all kids his age, and the progression of similar types in Marchbank, Goddard and Macreadie who have all at times shown they can be good enough if things go right.

This ain't gonna be popular - but if Ben Silvagni comes on then I think Marchbank is in real trouble. I'm not saying Marchbank doesn't have the talent - he's shown he can be a gun when up and running - but the reality is the guy is made of glass.

This ain't gonna be popular - but if Ben Silvagni comes on then I think Marchbank is in real trouble. I'm not saying Marchbank doesn't have the talent - he's shown he can be a gun when up and running - but the reality is the guy is made of glass.
If you lads offloaded Marchbank for Ben Silvagni, there would be a fair few clubs that would look at him, Suns need a good young KPD ;) Rory Thompson could show him around the physios room.

If you lads offloaded Marchbank for Ben Silvagni, there would be a fair few clubs that would look at him, Suns need a good young KPD ;) Rory Thompson could show him around the physios room.
Aint gunna happen mate, i think the Carlton supporter you replied to forgot to take his meds for the day.

Aint gunna happen mate, i think the Carlton supporter you replied to forgot to take his meds for the day.
I acknowledged that Marchbank is quality, but I maintain the pressure is starting to build. At best I can only find a spot for him on the bench in our starting 22 next year. And if Williamson comes good, Marchy could find himself even further down the pecking order.

I acknowledged that Marchbank is quality, but I maintain the pressure is starting to build. At best I can only find a spot for him on the bench in our starting 22 next year. And if Williamson comes good, Marchy could find himself even further down the pecking order.
Lol marchbank is a certainty to be on a list next year

I’d say Ben silvagni is a 50/50 chance to remain at this stage

You probably can't play three silvagnis in one team so what will happen?

You probably can't play three silvagnis in one team so what will happen?
Won't be a problem as doubt Tom will be good enough for us to draft.
Two is plenty. Still interested to see how Ben develops this year. Still not sure if becomes a key back or key forward. Maybe he will always be a swing man and used on horses for courses basis.

Exploring his options at the moment, with a couple of clubs keen.

Probably gets traded for a late pick or swap of picks - I'd say something like Pick 40-50 would be his range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour that he's heading to Essendon surely not true? we just delisted a hand full of fringe players the wont make it don't want us getting one back.

He's a capable forward, maybe there's some design in bringing him in? Doubt you'd have to sacrifice much.

Minor upgrade on Townsend, but not a guy you'd want to be the centrepiece of a forwardline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back