Toast Jack Silvagni

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I wasn’t surprised based on his past 12 months in the VFL. Playing predominantly in the middle and using his smarts and increased fitness base to push forward has been what he’s been doing at that level, but Bolton didn’t seem to want to try it in the AFL.

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
He was our best player today and was the only reason we had a chance to steal the game.
I had wondered in the past if he was too slow for the top level and although he isn’t quick, he makes up for it with smarts and determination. I think he will be a 250 gamer now, but I don’t think he will ever be as good as SOS.

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He was our best player today and was the only reason we had a chance to steal the game.
I had wondered in the past if he was too slow for the top level and although he isn’t quick, he makes up for it with smarts and determination. I think he will be a 250 gamer now, but I don’t think he will ever be as good as SOS.

Tagging is the go as it gets him near the furnace. Gets touches that way. Doesn't have to worry about lack of pace and trying to find the ball. Resting forward is a bonus.

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Has anyone heard that he wants out of Carlton to another club, because another Carlton supporter I know keeps saying that he does?!?! I could not see our club letting a Silvagni(Carlton royalty) play elsewhere myself..........just wondering if he was pi**ed off with not being played by Bolton earlier in the year, or the pressure of having his old man at the club.........hope not!!! I think that he has improved heaps lately and perhaps it is due to his body shape improving, in that he looks a lot more athletic now or maybe he is just working a bit harder.........whatever it is, just make sure that he stays and stays happy blues!!!;)

Last edited:

Kreuz Control

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
All staarts in the preseason, was in the first 6 or so in all the running drills, starts to fill out and gain a more mature body and can now do what his mind wants it to do. Can't help but love him, bleeds blue like his Dad before him, and his Dad before him also.

Seems so grounded and an absolute ripping young man, all power to him, we have good one for sure. Every team needs a true utility and looks like we have found ours.

athensblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
South of France
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s Hird like - don’t mean he’s the player Hird was, but am
beginning to see a lot of similarities in their playing styles

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes. Wanted to point this out last week. Not overly quick or overly tall but great footy brain and super competitive. He is coming along nicely.
Imagine having the ball and having Crippa and Sos coming at you...

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
I went to a preseason session and they played 2x15 of an intraclub

JSOS was on the seconds team as an on baller and absolutely smashed it. BOG and was vs Cripps

I'm convinced he's best position is as an inside mid and if I were him I'd goto Essendon or Saint Kilda and try and be a starting onballer.

Obviously as Carlton royalty that will never happen though.

But playing behind Cripps and our host of young mids that need time in the guts he doesn't get a clear run.

When a Cripps goes forward or to the bench JSOSs rotation should be into the guts

Back