Toast Jack Silvagni

Healer

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2018
Timboon
AFL Club
Carlton
Jacks not SOS and he's not Serg, but I'll be damned if I don't see glimpses of the best of both of them.
And he will only get fitter, stronger and wiser. He has a great knack of doing the unexpected, call it X factor, whatever.
going to be great entertainment for years to come in the navy blue.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Great heart and soul game from Jack yesterday.

When the chips were down, we had passengers galore and what stood out to me being at the ground was that Jack was looking to get involved in what ever way he could. Isn't a flashy player but has neat skills, a big frame (still needs size), a competitive edge and looks a natural footballer who needs firstly some confidence and continuity as well.

Still unsure what his best position is (utility maybe?) and still needs to develop, but I like him and he clearly loves the club. Good game from him and hope he can go on with it and the match committee can stick with him.

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
I called him a battler at the start of the year. He's become a terrific player, an absolute natural footballer who is only going to keep improving as he gets fitter and stronger.

He could actually turn out to become a genuine gun now that the self-belief is there. Jack has obviously worked extremely hard and he should be incredibly proud of himself.
I just see him as being more toned now, and he has lost his "puppy fat" which now allows him to move better and get to more contests..........his best position imo is in the middle doing an Ed Curnow job on an opposition mid and supporting Paddy Cripps..........looks like he has the hunger for it now and hopefully keeps improving.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anyone heard that he wants out of Carlton to another club, because another Carlton supporter I know keeps saying that he does?!?! I could not see our club letting a Silvagni(Carlton royalty) play elsewhere myself..........just wondering if he was pi**ed off with not being played by Bolton earlier in the year, or the pressure of having his old man at the club.........hope not!!! I think that he has improved heaps lately and perhaps it is due to his body shape improving, in that he looks a lot more athletic now or maybe he is just working a bit harder.........whatever it is, just make sure that he stays and stays happy blues!!!;)
I’ll give it away. I cried at his dads last game. I cried at Jacks first. My (second) favourite player. Bleeds blue. Over my dead body he leaves.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
He really is a gun this kid. One more preseason and he’s going to fly. He has improved out of sight this year. He’s the ripe old age of 21. Looked like he had never seen the inside of a gym when he came here. Or completed more than 3 Laps of training.. I recall the Gold Coast vision in his first preseason where he tailed off a distant last in a 2k time trial. Was embarrassing how unfit he was. So in many ways he’s like a 20 year old still for mine. Yet he has always shown something. He has the same freakish ‘accidental’ way about him his dad had. Like ‘how did he get that?’

Anyone else feel ‘safe’ with him like I do in a ground ball one on one? Eg against Hibberd yesterday?

He is really on the rise. Picture him as a 25 year old. Seasoned and strong.

He will be the best third tall defender in the game. And pinch hit forward like his dad. And swing on ball and take someone out of the game if need be. What an asset.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure about luck; looked plenty deliberate and he proved his accuracy kicking off the outside of the boot again a bit later with a nice goal.

Also the pass to Kreuzer stood out plenty from where I was sitting and was raved about for a while.
It was certainly deliberate but it was incredibly high risk to attempt with lots of things that could have meant it went 1m (or more) either side of Kreuzer.

To me he simply realised Kreuzer was in a tone of space and if he could simply get it in his general direction quickly Kreuzer would do the rest, the fact the kick turned into an inside out torp that laced out Kreuzer without him having to move certainly had an element of luck.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Jacks not SOS and he's not Serg, but I'll be damned if I don't see glimpses of the best of both of them.
And he will only get fitter, stronger and wiser. He has a great knack of doing the unexpected, call it X factor, whatever.
going to be great entertainment for years to come in the navy blue.
I just happened to watch a few minutes of 1970 grand final on youtube last week.

When was at the game on Sunday, certainly crossed my mind he more like his Grandfather in style than his Dad in terms of plays more midfield than key position. Clearly Ben is more like his Dad in terms of positions he suited to. Will be interesting to see how Ben develops in next two years when his body matures. Loving that Ben just able to go about his football learning without the crazy expectations Jack gets. Although for Jack himself always sense media speculation just water off a ducks back for him.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Has really clean hands at the stoppages, hasn't been holding his overhead marks but did against Melbourne. He's developing a strong body and is a good tackler. Hit targets by hand and foot nicely too. Really good and really clean at ground level and has the knack of getting an effective handball away under pressure.

He plays hard footy and plays with effort, a product of being made to earn it and being dropped when he wasn't playing well. We've got a good number of players on our list who need to go down this path.

I can see him maturing, getting stronger and improving his running and becoming a really good utility type player. Playing half midfield and forward seem to be the go or perhaps even a high half forward role. Plays this role in the VFL when he dominates there and finally is getting to play this role in the AFL.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I think that the first game he got to play same role in seniors that he does when playing for VFL team.
Really like they finally make the most of him. Always sensed McGovern in, seen as third tall automatically was weird fit that effects Jack spot in team most.
Think the game on weekend highlighted he should always be before McGovern. I do understand the coaching staff thinking McGovern experience to let other players in developing forward line position themselves better as a group individually. But into next decade for our best 22, have never fully got what he adds when we already had plenty of tall forwards with Jack and Kerr always looking to be handy back up at worst and even DeKonning a year or two on, has to fit in.

Andypooh23

Team Captain
Aug 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Wizards
FB_IMG_1562653432348.jpg

Back