Toast Jack Silvagni

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Held his marks on the weekend. Makes all the difference for his game. Got him up to 18 possessions instead of his usual 12-13.
Had 12 possessions (& a goal?) in the first half, I thought he was well on his way to recreate his VFL midfield numbers before being shifted forward. Would have been interesting to see his final numbers if he stayed in the guts all day.

Heres Waite

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
So I was reading through the Blueseum today and just reading random player bios and stories. When I read Serg’s I couldn’t help but think about Jack! Tough, gritty, tenacious, not the quickest, but didn’t need to be, used his smarts, and most of all his never give up attitude! Also just gave his heart and soul for the club.

I reckon this is Jack to a tee!

Wily trout

All Australian
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Loving what Jack is bringing to the game the last few weeks. A block here, a tackle there, repeat efforts around a contest and pressure, pressure, pressure and then a goal to steady the ship. Is right up there with Kruez and Simmo as heart and sole players for the club. He just seemed so confident with or without the ball in hand now, also seems very selfless.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Really happy that it looks like the boy is finding his feet.

Always had obvious talent, particularly in congestion, but he's lacked an obvious role without natural running power.

It's always felt like a lot of people have wanted to see Silvagni fail, or at least taken delight in the prospect of it, and it's nice that it looks like he'll come out the other side a pretty good player. I think he's could be a bit special as an inside mid and something quite similar to Cripps. He's very clean with the ball under pressure and looks to have the size and aggression to bring it all together.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Really happy that it looks like the boy is finding his feet.

Always had obvious talent, particularly in congestion, but he's lacked an obvious role without natural running power.

It's always felt like a lot of people have wanted to see Silvagni fail, or at least taken delight in the prospect of it, and it's nice that it looks like he'll com out the other side a pretty good player. I think he's could be a bit special as an inside mid and something quite similar to Cripps.
Jobe Watson. Took his time. Became a superstar. Jack is the same. Trust me. Jack sees things no one else sees. Tries harder than everyone else. He’s got something really magical about him.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Jobe Watson. Took his time. Became a superstar. Jack is the same. Trust me. Jack sees things no one else sees. Tries harder than everyone else. He’s got something really magical about him.

Yeah, I get it, he thinks two or three moves ahead of where the ball is and looks to free up players outside the contest rather than just shuffling the ball to the side (which is what stands for a lot of contested work).

He's very similar to Langford in that regard but he's got the physical side of the game covered (whereas Langford is still struggling with it).

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
His surname.

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
Needs to learn the breakaway running patterns like crippa. Not the quickest but has nailed the lateral break away running pattern.
I really hope he works on his acceleration. SOS can pay for that.

Jul 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Jack reminds me a little bit of ROK, albeit an inch or so taller. Not quite tall enough for key position, not quick enough for line breaking highlights, but sure and fast hands, neat skills, good football sense, and not afraid to get down and dirty.

Have a look at how ROK's career started - in his first 4 years/43 games he averaged 7.6 disp/gm, 1.2 shots on goal/gm, and 1.3 tckls/gm before nailing a regular spot in the team in year 5 as a 23 yo.

Compare that to Jack, who so far in his first 4 years/54 games has averaged 10.8 disp/gm, 1.5 shots on goal/gm, and 2.9 tckls/gm. Jack turns 22 this December.

TOG would undoubtedly favour Jack (I'm assuming ROK started plenty of games on the pine back when rotations were v low), but he's definitely shown he belongs in the AFL this year.

ROK's career really took off once he developed elite fitness and could run his opponent ragged, dragging them into the midfield when needed and working free for I50 marks. If Jack is going to play in our next premiership he needs to elevate his running ability to these levels. The upcoming preseason would be a good start.

Back