Recommitted Jack Silvagni - re-signs with Carlton until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

HFF and some ruck minutes as we had one fit ruck, who then copped a mystery chest injury early second term against the saints.
Ah ok seen his numbers went up a fair bit really hope he continues to improve has had alot of pressure being a SilvagnišŸ‘

Ah ok seen his numbers went up a fair bit really hope he continues to improve has had alot of pressure being a SilvagnišŸ‘
His last 6 weeks have been very impressive

The quality of out of contract players this year is not high so heā€™s actually one of the better players still out of contract

1629704215021.png

Silvagni and Dodoro are great friends outside footy
Stephen Silvagni isn't happy with Carlton since getting unceremoniously dumped
Jack Silvagni unsigned after R23
Essendon cashed up
Smoke... Fire?

Essendon bid on Silvagni during the 2015 draft so it wouldn't surprise me if they were interested via the SOS/Dodoro connection.

SOS was very complimentary of Dodoro after the bidding saying that it was "nice to know that he (Jack) was rated outside of Carlton".

Itā€™s a tricky one for Carlton because if we look to chase a genuine ruck/ruck forward to pair with TDK then Silvagni would make us too slow in the forward half and we also have an injury riddled McGovern who plays third tall forward too so i can see why the club wouldnā€™t be offering him the dollars or years he probably wants. Unless he still has his nose out of joint about his dad then I would still expect him to sign for two years taking him to FA.

Itā€™s a tricky one for Carlton because if we look to chase a genuine ruck/ruck forward to pair with TDK then Silvagni would make us too slow in the forward half and we also have an injury riddled McGovern who plays third tall forward too so i can see why the club wouldnā€™t be offering him the dollars or years he probably wants. Unless he still has his nose out of joint about his dad then I would still expect him to sign for two years taking him to FA.

JSOS will stay until he plays 100 games.

CARLTON pair Brodie Kemp and Jack Silvagni are closing in on new two-year deals.

Silvagni, who has undergone off-season hip surgery, was forced to wait until deep into his career-best season to be given a new two-year contract offer but is expected to stay until at least the end of 2023.

Suspect his camp have been leaking like crazy as they negotiate a new deal.

Very much his father's son at the negotiation table
Yep, media reporting his dad as one of the agitators to unsettle the football dept and some within hoping Jack would move on from the club. Even his brother couldnā€™t seem to hide his pleasure at Teagues sacking on social media. Unfortunately the family comes as a package. Decent player on the field though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnā€™t surprise me heā€™s always going to be behind curnow and Mckay

maybe wants to at least be the chf for a team

Nah, Jack knows he isn't a key position player. Pretty sure he wants to be around the ball more.

Wouldnā€™t surprise me heā€™s always going to be behind curnow and Mckay

maybe wants to at least be the chf for a team
Heā€™s not a CHF, would be monstered by any KPD.

Heā€™s a solid defensive player, one of the best tacklers at Carlton. Also very unselfish will never blaze away

Heā€™s not a CHF, would be monstered by any KPD.

Heā€™s a solid defensive player, one of the best tacklers at Carlton. Also very unselfish will never blaze away
Donā€™t have to be a monster to play chf

can be an athletic chf type

Id be comfortable getting him to partner Larkey up forward if he wants to rise up a pecking order instead of being the 3rd in line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back