Senior Jack Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

Career high 30 disposals for Sincs against Melbourne, as well as 3 goal assists. There were a few more issues than usual with his disposal at times, but in all in all played a very good game.

605695.jpg

After a very inconsistent start to the season, Jack is rediscovering the form which saw him rated as an elite wingman in 2017 in recent weeks. Round 14 against Gold Coast saw him get six clearances showing he is capable of playing a more inside role as well, while in round 12 against West Coast he gathered 29 disposals and had 8 tackles in a very well rounded performance.

After a poor season by his standards, Jack needs a big year to bounce back . He is going to have a fight on his hands just to get into the side first with the addition of our mature recruits and improvement in guys like Phillips , Long , Paton , Lonie etc . If he can return to form there is definitely a place in the team for Jack .

Go Saints

An impeccable kick, impressive speed and footy smarts beyond his years.

Jack Sinclair’s traits bear all the hallmarks of a future mainstay of St Kilda’s midfield, but complacency isn’t on the agenda as Round 1 fast approaches.

This pre-season, Sinclair has been setting the benchmark alongside new recruit Dan Hannebery, who similarly resumed training with the first to fourth-year players weeks ahead of schedule.

And it’s these emerging leadership qualities that have the 24-year-old held in such high regard among the club’s younger personnel.

“I’m going into my fifth year now and in terms of that young group, I’m the oldest player and I’ve played the most games, so I feel like naturally I have to lead the charge there,” Sinclair told saints.com.au.

“Those guys probably look up to me more than I realise, so I’ve come back in good nick – I was training with a few of the guys over the off-season and have tried to set the standard with that.”

In his time away from RSEA Park, Sinclair has been fixed on increasing his engine and running capabilities; a rigorous task he has undertaken with endurance beast Daniel McKenzie.

“Training with someone like Dan is always the best way to go about it in the off-season – he’ll get you out of bed early and get your running and weights done,” Sinclair said.

“We played together at Oakleigh and have always been pretty competitive with our running. He’s probably a bit better than me now, but some days I get him, so it’s a good little competition to have and it makes us get better and fitter.”

McKenzie is formidable competition for Sinclair, with the former renowned for his elite tank and workload on the training track.

The 22-year-old blitzed the 3km time trial in November of last year, before coming in behind the first-placed Ed Phillips in last month’s run.

His ethic and output have since been echoed by Sinclair, who hasn’t missed a training session in almost three years.

But unfortunately, such dedication didn’t translate to on-field consistency in Season 2018, as Sinclair was eventually omitted from the senior side before the Saints’ clash with Melbourne – the first game he had missed since Round 6, 2017.

The sting of being dropped for two matches spurred impressive performances against Collingwood and West Coast, before the youngster closed out the season with lesser impact.

Now, Sinclair is intent on mirroring the form which made him such an asset to St Kilda’s midfield and doing so on a far more regular basis.

“For me, it’s about being more consistent in my performance week to week,” Sinclair said.

“I had probably a couple of my best games last year, but then some ones that weren’t so great.”

And in Sinclair’s approach to Season 2019, consistency is front of mind.

“Getting that consistency is in everything you do really. It starts with training and preparation and the lead-up to games, because ultimately you want to do it for the two hours on the weekend, and the only way you can do that is if you train consistently,” Sinclair said.

“It’s all about bridging that gap and certainly as a whole team we need to do that as well.”

Don’t Panic !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ST KILDA has been buoyed by the re-signing of midfielder Jack Sinclair, who has signed a two-year extension keeping him at the club until at least the end of 2021.
Sinclair has been a consistent performer for the Saints in 2019, with his speed and ball use helping propel St Kilda to an impressive 3-1 start to the season.
The 24-year-old struggled at times last season, finding himself dropped in round seven before fighting his way back into the side and finishing with 20 games for the year.
Sinclair said he was thrilled to put pen to paper and commit himself to the club.
"I just love every opportunity I'm given to pull on the jumper. I'm proud to be a Saint and so very happy to be committed for another two years," Sinclair told Saints.com.au.

"It's been an encouraging start to the year, but I just want to keep playing my role and helping the team improve.

"I really believe in what we're building and I can't wait to get stuck in and see where it can take us."

Saints list manager James Gallagher said Sinclair was an important cog in the club's quest to return to finals footy.

"Jack forms part of an integral cohort of players in that 50-100 games played bracket," Gallagher said.
"It's players like him that will lead this club moving forward, so it's encouraging to have him re-sign and show how much he wants to be a part of it."
Sinclair has played 68 games for St Kilda since joining the club with pick one in the 2014 rookie draft.

Glad that he re-signed for another two years . Now the problem is where do we play him . He struggled at times this year as he was thrown all around the place . He is at his best playing midfield but with Hannebery , Ross , Gresham , Billings , Steven , Steele , and Dunstan already there and potentially Clark , Hind maybe and Newnes taking those spots its hard to know where he will play . Plus with the inclusion of Parker , Young , Hind , Kent , Long and the huge improvement of Lonie until he hurt his knee , and the possibilty of 3 tall forwards again with Membrey , Bruce and King , its just hard to know where he will play .

Jack Sinclair
Career
Games: 86
Goals:
Games: 22
Goals:

662253_gl.jpg

Jack Sinclair was one of seven Saints to play every game in 2019 – something indicative of his consistency throughout the year.
Sinclair may not get as much of the footy as other mids, but the wingman’s incredible engine and gut-running leaves him as an important asset to the club.
The No. 35 averages 14.31km per game, with a whopping 15.77km covered in the heat against Port Adelaide in Round 11.
Sinclair’s versatility allows him to play all over the ground, but his best work is often done in the offensive half when the Saints are moving into attack.
He may fly under the radar for the most part, but Sincs does the little things consistently.
BEST GAME:
Sinclair was one of the Saints’ unsung heroes against Essendon with 13 disposals, 22 pressure acts, nine tackles, eight score involvements five inside-50s, a goal and an incredible 14km covered.

After being named as an emergency six times this season, Jack Sinclair is ready to make his mark in the senior line-up in 2020.

The hard-running wingman was last sighted in Round 23, 2019, but is now looming as a likely inclusion for Monday night’s clash against the Crows.

Sinclair slotted three goals floating between midfield and half-forward last week against the Carlton reserves, and if he’s able to carry that form into Round 7, will add a great deal of polish to the Saints’ offensive.

Sincs was brilliant on Saturday, He's come back with a real energy. We all know how good of a decision maker/ kicker he is but he seems to be really driving the ball forward. Credit to him hi defensive work has also improved out of sight. I still think that we are a much better side with Sincs in the side.

RD 1 v GWS

Strong first outing at half back for Sinclair who finished with disposals (11k, 7h), 2 marks, 2 clearances and 2 tackles. Had 2 shots on goals, unfortunately only resulting in 1 behind while also setting up a Higgins goal with an elite kick.

811633.jpg

@jack__sinclair: Disappointing game but proud to play my 100th game for the club I’ve wanted to play for my whole life. Grateful for Plugger presenting my jumper, my grandfather for the inspiration, the number I get to wear, and everyone’s support

Remove this Banner Ad

Back