St Kilda
Player Advocate 2015: Cursing Fijian
Player Advocate 2016: lewdogs
Player Advocate 2017: GTrains Mullet

Jack Sinclair
Born: 12/2/1995
Height: 180cm
Weight: 78kg
Drafted from: Oakleigh Chargers (TAC)/Port Melbourne (VFL)
Position: Midfielder

339617-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Bio:

ST KILDA has selected Port Melbourne midfielder Jack Sinclair with the first pick in today's Rookie Draft.

The 19-year-old is balanced and prolific ball-winner who can also drift forward and play either a lead up role or a crumbing role.

After predominantly concentrating on cricket at Scotch College in his latter teenage years, Sinclair committed to football last season and was the 23rd man for Port Melbourne under coach Gary Ayres, being named in the best following his debut.

Another Jack in the Pack

JACK Sinclair was in the midst of doing chores around his Balwyn house when he found out he would be a St Kilda player in 2015.

Home alone, the classy ex-Oakleigh Chargers premiership player suspected the Saints had an interest in him, but nevertheless found the six days between the National and Rookie Drafts the most excruciating of his life.

“I’m just pretty relieved and glad the wait and the uncertainty is over,” Sinclair told SAINTS.com.au on Friday.

“That was probably the worst thing about not getting picked up in the National Draft. The next four days felt like two weeks and I’m just glad it’s over.

“I just couldn’t believe it when I saw my name there at pick one… I can’t wait to get started now.”

Highlights: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-12-03/rookie-pick-1-

First Interview:

Last edited:
“Jack missed out on a bottom age pre-season and wanted to concentrate on school cricket, which was fine, and we continued to track him,’’ he said. “He played the last two games last year and they were two impressive games, we thought the opportunity for him to come back and play as a 19-year-old would be good for him and I couldn’t praise Jack enough for the way he applies himself and goes about it. He’s a very professional kid.’’ - Mark Smart (Oakleigh Chargers talent manager)

“I remember this passage of play where little Jacky [Sinclair] had a few Box Hill guys around him, he maintained his composure, got around them all, hit a teammate up with a kick and it resulted in a goal, Jack wasn’t daunted at all. I’ve played with a lot of 23rd players over the years who have been overcome by nerves and it’s impacted their game a lot, but Jack is quietly confident, without being arrogant, and is definitely the best (23rd) I’ve played with.’’ - James Magner (former AFL player)

086417-73920a58-ed1a-11e3-80b2-1dfecaf6cd09.jpg

Ayres said Sinclair was a delight to coach and had impressed with his speed and decision making. "We’re certainly keen to offer him a spot"

Full article at:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...949087877?nk=086667c75d6123006f33c8696b6db7fa

"The 19-year-old rule has proven to be a successful pathway for plenty of current AFL-listed players, but more so it allows for clubs to develop and nurture these young men, and find them homes on AFL lists. For the players, it’s an opportunity to focus purely on football with draftees juggling up to five different teams throughout the year, not to mention the pressures of year 12 and anything else that may have an impact.

It also allows for the players another year of personal development, which as has been the case in following seasons is an area that required further growth. With Langdon and Herbert, both were able to find consistency and versatility in new positions, whilst also enabling them another year to fill out to resemble the body of an AFL player. With somebody like Conlon, the extra year means another 12 months in an elite environment, with access to physiotherapists, doctors and training staff to rehabilitate his injuries, to give him the best opportunity of showcasing his talent in what looms as his final crack at his dream.

But the Oakleigh Chargers might have the biggest three of the lot. Jack Sinclair, Lachlan Waddell and Hugh Beasley are all 19-year olds. Sinclair averages 21 disposals, almost four marks and an elite five tackles per game; further proof that another year can be all the difference in terms of confidence and development. Although Sinclair stands at just 179 cm and a light 75 kg, he has pace to burn and plays taller but more importantly has found consistency in his game that makes him almost a draft certainty."

Full article here:

http://www.paigecardona.com/#!TAC-C...14/c1iqa/3AE1093A-1530-48E0-A0E9-6CC555DFF458

Scotch-Boy Rookied by St Kilda FC
03Dec2014

"Scotch Collegian drafted by St Kilda FC.

Jack Sinclair played for the Oakleigh Charges as a mature listed player.
At 19, Jack has improved rapidly in 2014. He’s collecting 21.9 disposals, 4 marks and 5.6 tackles a game, leading the team in the latter. He has also booted four goals to help him to a 95.1 DT average and 92 SC median average for the 2014 TAC Cup Season.

Jack Sinclair now joins Jack Billings at the Saints. Both the boys commenced their career's at the Kew Comets and proceeded to Scotch College and the Chargers. Now they resume their careers together in the AFL at the same club."

http://oldscotchfc.com.au/News/entryid/31/scotch-boy-rookied-by-st-kilda-fc

I have been watching as much footage of this kid as I can over the last week or so, and I am genuinely impressed by his footskills. I think Sinclair, could with the tutelage of a gun kicking coach, become absolute elite off both feet, and by extension become the postmaster out of the centre square moving left or right.

I have been trying to figure out who stands to cop the most heat from Sinclair over the next few years and I think it might be Montagna who may have the most to lose. But Sinclair will put definite pressure on Curren to remain a tagger, and one of Newnes and Savage to stay in the rebounding defender role.

I can't wait to see this kid debut. Bring on the NAB cup.

Holmes taps to Sinclair...

Jack Sinclair

Position: Midfielder/forward
Height: 180 cm, Weight: 78 kg
Club: Oakleigh Chargers

Another of the many-successful 19-year-olds to return to the TAC Cup system in 2014, Jack Sinclair made a fistful upon returning to the country’s most prodigious under-18 system, which yielded a stint with Port Melbourne in the VFL this season. Sinclair, a small midfielder/forward with pace to burn had a bumper year for the Chargers, averaging 22 disposals from 15 games, including 5.4 tackles and four marks, whilst bagging almost a goal a game. His three games at VFL level were equally impressive, adapting to the step-up in pressure and intensity of the game, and absorbing the bigger hits from the bigger bodies with ease so much so, that coach Gary Ayres offered the 19-year-old a spot on the clubs list, however stayed loyal to the Chargers and was ultimately rewarded, playing a big part in their premiership. Sinclair is a composed player, and is rarely stifled into coughing up the ball. He has a nice balance of his inside and outside game, and rarely wastes an opportunity in front of goal.

http://boundforglorynews.com/rookie-draft-top-30-prospects/

While out for my daily dose of fresh air this morning, I came across Blake Acres, who was working hard to keep his fitness levels up. I called out some encouragement, and he spotted my St Kilda cap and stopped, shook my hand and proceeded to walk alongside me. He was obviously timing his run, and said that he could only walk for a short period and then he would need to get moving again.

So, do you think I ask him about how impressive McCartin is? No. Do you think I ask if he is as happy as the St Kilda faithful to have Goddard2.0 on board? No. I ask him how is Jack Sinclair going!

Blake reminds me that Sinclair is a close mate of Billings and assures me he is settling in and that the group respects what he brings to the team. I quickly remind Blake that my hard earned savings are invested in him winning the Rising Star, but no pressure and good luck for the season, before he resumed his run.

I just thought it was really nice of him to stop and give up a minute of his time to an old Saints tragic. Onya Blake. I hope 2015 is your year.

"Smart said Sinclair had impressed with his form at TAC Cup level but also in three matches for Port Melbourne under the VFL’s 23rd player rule. “Jack’s application and attitude coming back as a 19-year-old was terrific, he really grabbed his opportunity and he deserves his place on an AFL list,’’ he said. “I think St Kilda see a dynamic small forward who can go through the midfield, a good decision maker, he reads the play well and has added tackling and defensive elements to his game and made himself a more rounded player.’’

Excerpt from:
http://www.kewcomets.com.au/news

I really can't wait to see this kid play. I hope he gets an opportunity during the NAB Cup (can rookies play?) so that the Saints faithful can see what he brings to the table. They suggest his tackling was elite at TAC level, and I would be very interessted to see how that translates to AFL level. I also hope his history with Billings could inject some synergy into the forward line?

Last edited:
I really can't wait to see this kid play. I hope he gets an opportunity during the NAB Cup (can rookies play?) so that the Saints faithful can see what he brings to the table. They suggest his tackling was elite at TAC level, and I would be very interessted to see how that translates to AFL level. I also hope his history with Billings could inject some synergy into the forward line?

Everyone can play afaik. Unless they've changed the rules again. Extended bench too.

The recent revelation that Sipposs won't be ready until Round 10 means there is a prospect that he is put on the LTI list and a rookie is upgraded! This will energise Jack 'Drake' Sinclair no doubt, as it will Ahmed Saad, Brenton Paynton and Adam Schneider. If we are looking for best 22 then Schneider and Saad probably sit a little ahead of young Sinclair, but who knows what a preseason and a few NAB cup games will reveal. It just might be first in, first off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about Sinclair:

Averaged 22 disp, 4 inside 50's, 1 goal and 2 score assists playing as a mid-fwd for the Oakleigh Chargers as an overager.

Averaged the 2nd most ranking points of any mid-fws in the TAC cup last season. Rated elite for disposals, contested possessions, groundball-gets, tackles, clearnaces, inside 50s, goals and score assists.

Averaged 11 disp and 2 score assists in 3 games for Port Melb in the VFL.

toxic keep an eye on this young fella, :thumbsu:

Sounds ready to go.

Cheers bud, i think my sister taught him...

In grade 5 last year !!!:p

Jesus christ not another you boyz have stolen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back