Senior Jack Sinclair

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Heard someone say that they want Sincs to do a bit more defensively and that's why he isn't in the team at the moment. Had a quick look at his stats from last year and he got 2.5 tackles on average per game. That doesn't seem too bad! I also noticed that he kicked more goals than Lonie last year, snagging 18 at an average of 1 per game.

Would really like to see him back in the side asap.
We need your man in lewdogs
When he gets the ball he hits our jumpers and knows where the sticks are.
Too good not to be in the team

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Been a bit quiet lately sorry but just thought I'd pop in and say... Sincs

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sincs has been quiet since the Melbourne game. Seems to struggle a bit when we're down, really enjoys it when things are going our way.

Just looking at his stats, averaging 13.6 disposals per game this year. His highest was 19 against Melbourne. Would love to see him push his way into the side and see if he can get those numbers up, maybe get some 20+ games in the back end of the year to set him up for next year.

Still certain that Sincs will make it, but his issues have remained the same this year... numbers.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sincs has been quiet since the Melbourne game. Seems to struggle a bit when we're down, really enjoys it when things are going our way.

Just looking at his stats, averaging 13.6 disposals per game this year. His highest was 19 against Melbourne. Would love to see him push his way into the side and see if he can get those numbers up, maybe get some 20+ games in the back end of the year to set him up for next year.

Still certain that Sincs will make it, but his issues have remained the same this year... numbers.
He's a good player when we are on top, or at least competetive, but he needs to find a way to get into games when we are struggling. He has more class than just about anyone on our list.

arete

Debutant
May 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's a good player when we are on top, or at least competetive, but he needs to find a way to get into games when we are struggling. He has more class than just about anyone on our list.
Agree, he has something more important than kicking efficiency, called composure and ability to dispose effectively under pressure. What good are skills if it goes to s**t under pressure. Maybe give him some run with roles on opposition ball magnets, learn where to run etc.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree, he has something more important than kicking efficiency, called composure and ability to dispose effectively under pressure. What good are skills if it goes to s**t under pressure. Maybe give him some run with roles on opposition ball magnets, learn where to run etc.
He was terrific playing as a midfielder in the VFL today. I'd love someone like Acres to have the same composure as Sinclair

arete

Debutant
May 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
He was terrific playing as a midfielder in the VFL today. I'd love someone like Acres to have the same composure as Sinclair
Hopefully with Acres it's an experience thing, as he's really good in traffic. Great to hear that about Sincs, have no doubts he will translate that form in AFL.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Continues to go strongly at VFL level, but has seemed a bit lost at AFL level so far this season. Still think he will be able to transition to the level, especially after another strong pre-season.

Hoping he comes in for the last two games of the year.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
As Jack's year comes to an end today, I was watching him on the telly for Sandy today and thinking that not much has changed since my assessment at the start of the season.

An improvement for him this year is his tackling - he looks strong in the upper body and can take guys down when he gets hold of them, and it looks like his tackles hurt.

Same as before, when he gets it he looks brilliant. His kicking is superb and his decision making excellent.

The problem remains that he doesn't impose himself on games and get involved enough. He needs to follow around a player like Joey and see how he manages to involve himself consistently in a game over 4 quarters. A guy like Sincs, if he could become a 25+ possession player, can be really damaging for us.

As I said, this final part is a similar assessment to the start of the year, and may explain why he has spent most of the year in the seconds. Really hoping that he can find a way in 2017 because I love him.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Jack Sinclair Review

Season Review: Jack Sinclair

432707_nl.jpg

Jack Sinclair played seven of the first 10 games of 2016, but couldn't lock down a role in the second half of the year.

After an eye-catching debut season in 2015, second-year midfielder-forward Jack Sinclair got off to a good start this year, but couldn’t secure a spot in St Kilda’s best 22 in the back half of the season, despite stellar form at Sandringham.

The former rookie was on the cusp of selection throughout the year, but given the reinvention of Maverick Weller inside 50, the introduction of Jade Gresham and the rise of Darren Minchington and Nathan Wright, Sinclair was stuck in the queue at Linen House Centre.

Sinclair, 21, played seven of the opening 10 games, where the Scotch College product turned in some eye-catching performances, building on the bright start he made to his career last year.

He was prominent in the win over Collingwood in Round 3, before finishing with 19 disposals and two goals against Melbourne in Round 6, in what was one of his best performances at AFL level to date.

Despite being one of Sandringham’s best players in the second half of the season, Sinclair couldn’t force his way into Alan Richardson’s side permanently, only managing two games after Round 10, with his last appearance of the year coming in the win over the Western Bulldogs in Round 18.

jacksinclair.jpg

Rohan Welsh’s Views:

“I think for someone like Jack and someone like ‘Lones’ you can get under the guard a little bit. He had a lot of time this year where he was an emergency and right on the edge. He was in and out a couple of times, so probably if I looked at his year I’d say it was an inconsistent year and probably the area that he needs to improve is in his contest and tackle and if he can do that over summer, get a little bit stronger and learn to bring that part of his game then I think he’ll have a really strong year.

“It’s hard as a second-year player after you’ve had such a successful year as a first-year because you think it will just happen, but opposition learn what sort of player you are and you’ve got to rise again, obviously with the inclusion of ‘Gresh’ who played really strong footy and ‘Wrighty’ going forward and playing that really defensive forward role, the spot for Jack didn’t really come about.

jacksinclair1.jpg

“So this pre-season he’s got to create that spot by getting in, winning his own footy and making the most of his opportunities. He got a lot of the footy at VFL level, whether he played in the same position that he would play in AFL he probably didn’t, he played a lot more through the midfield, whereas at AFL level he wouldn’t have played that role because there just isn’t a spot for him in the midfield right now. So that was why he had high numbers in the VFL, but would then come in and play a totally different role so that’s something that we’ve got to get right as well. I think he knew the area of his game that he needed to improve in; he needed to improve his forward pressure in tackle and defensive acts and if he can do that I’m sure he’ll have a big impact.”

The Numbers:

9 games
12.6 disposals
3.4 marks
2.7 tackles
2.1 inside 50s

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sincs comes 1st in the first pre-season 3km time trial! Massive result for him I think as improving his tank is a vital part of taking the next step (we know the quality is there in my opinion).

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-11-07/3km-time-trial-kicks-off-preseason

Dare I say it.... could Sincs be on his way to a breakout season in 2017?

Go you good thing!
I don't mean to brag. Actually, scrap that, that's exactly what I mean to do. I therefore call attention to the fact that I basically predicted this when you guys drafted him - he once came ninth in national cross country after all. To put into perspective just how high his fitness ceiling is, Luke Mathews, who beat him by only 18 seconds in that race, qualified for this Olympics this year and is ranked 6th all-time amongst Australians over 800m.
Onwards and upwards Jack!

I don't mean to brag. Actually, scrap that, that's exactly what I mean to do. I therefore call attention to the fact that I basically predicted this when you guys drafted him - he once came ninth in national cross country after all. To put into perspective just how high his fitness ceiling is, Luke Mathews, who beat him by only 18 seconds in that race, qualified for this Olympics this year and is ranked 6th all-time amongst Australians over 800m.
Onwards and upwards Jack!

Where did Luke get drafted? ;)

Where did Luke get drafted? ;)
Luke Matthews might be a footy dud. But one Joshua Kelly who finished second in that race 22 seconds in front of Jack Sinclair seems to be doing well. If it turns out that Jack Sinclair has a capacity to run like Jelly, I think we can all be excited.

Oct 16, 2014
Top of a God
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sinclair.JPG

Jack's third games was very solid, disposal output dropped slightly but when he did get he used it well. Besides Webster (who went of early with a broken hand) he had the highest DE % at 94.4%.

I think we would like him to kick it more (67:33 HB:KI ratio), as he is one of our best users but over i think he has consolidated his spot & is finding some consistency.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
View attachment 370639

Jack's third games was very solid, disposal output dropped slightly but when he did get he used it well. Besides Webster (who went of early with a broken hand) he had the highest DE % at 94.4%.

I think we would like him to kick it more (67:33 HB:KI ratio), as he is one of our best users but over i think he has consolidated his spot & is finding some consistency.
Much better now he's up the ground. Has become a very good Link up player.

Back