Senior Jack Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

I think ten games makes you ineligible, right?

I got a feeling it's '10 games or less'. So he may still be eligible.

"To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January 2015 and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season."

http://www.afl.com.au/risingstar/history

I got a feeling it's '10 games or less'. So he may still be eligible.

"To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January 2015 and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season."

http://www.afl.com.au/risingstar/history

He's played 10 games. He had to go out at the end of round 10 because all players came off LTI list at the end of round 10. So, 10 or less means he makes the list. Also, as a feb 1995 born - he slides in for 2016 contention!

Congrats Sinks!

I'll throw one out there and would be interested in what you all think. Now that Jack has signed on for 2 years and will be elevated at the end of the year to our main list, would the club be inclined to wrap him in cotton wool if we get no more LTI and there's say 3 or 4 rounds to go and we can't make the 8? I suggest this because, if he was to do a knee, we'd lose him for all of 2016 and some might say you don't stop someone's evolvement of his game but I don't think its worth the risk. I know it's a bit of a pessimistic point of view but I was just thinking of this today when I heard he signed which I'm happy about, by the way. Your thoughts?
GO SAINTS!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll throw one out there and would be interested in what you all think. Now that Jack has signed on for 2 years and will be elevated at the end of the year to our main list, would the club be inclined to wrap him in cotton wool if we get no more LTI and there's say 3 or 4 rounds to go and we can't make the 8? I suggest this because, if he was to do a knee, we'd lose him for all of 2016 and some might say you don't stop someone's evolvement of his game but I don't think its worth the risk. I know it's a bit of a pessimistic point of view but I was just thinking of this today when I heard he signed which I'm happy about, by the way. Your thoughts?
GO SAINTS!!
That's like a really polite troll on this thread! We want to get as many games as possible into young Jack, and back those calves to take care of his knees and ankles and feet and...well you get my picture.

If anything I think Jack must be challenged to go back to the VFL and really start to hone his craft as a clearance player in that environment, and lift his disposal count. If he can use this time productively we can all get excited about seeing him re-emerge in 2016.

I have said it before Jack's endearing quality is his consistency. You know you are going to get about 15 disposals every week. Wouldn't it be great if the next time we saw him the new baseline was 25 possessions per outing.

That's like a really polite troll on this thread! We want to get as many games as possible into young Jack, and back those calves to take care of his knees and ankles and feet and...well you get my picture.

If anything I think Jack must be challenged to go back to the VFL and really start to hone his craft as a clearance player in that environment, and lift his disposal count. If he can use this time productively we can all get excited about seeing him re-emerge in 2016.

I have said it before Jack's endearing quality is his consistency. You know you are going to get about 15 disposals every week. Wouldn't it be great if the next time we saw him the new baseline was 25 possessions per outing.
Respect your opinion and as I said, I was just throwing it out there but how is that a 'polite troll' how exactly is that trolling? That's an insult to say I would be trolling a thread for our own player. Look past the big picture. He can't play 1's, 3 or 4 games is not going to make a difference in his development. I know the club wouldn't do it anyway. Just a thought.

After watching Sinclair in the ressies last week, and based on his immediate elevation and inclusion in the first 18, I just can not get over how much of a gem we have here. This kid could be a 200-game gun midfielder, has all the attributes and is immensely skillful. The fact that we got him as a rookie is just mind-blowing.

This is the kind of pick other clubs will look back on in years to come and just go "what the hell?" I mean, I don't want to go too far or anything, but this guy could be the equivalent of a free top 10 pick. Love ya Jack!

It's those tree trunks he puts inside his socks everyday! Love the way he never loses his balance in that passage and stays on his feet and therefore ready to get to the next contest! Also, I haven't seen Jack bounce the ball ever, and that clip is another great example of his ability to read play and spot and deliver within seconds of taking possession.

He has been likened to Sam Mitchell by many, but I think Trent Cotchin and Robert Harvey could also be described as similar.

:)

From the Post Match presser Saints vs Essendrugs

"Sinclair went out because of the rookie rule. He's back in, it was great for him. You know given that we didn't want Jack Steven in there much in the last quarter, we just wanted to rest him a little bit, given that we were able to because of the scoreboard. So Sinclair got opportunities inside late, he was able to break free and kick a pretty good goal. I think he had three centre bounce clearances. So he's doing everything right. He's playing his role. He's training hard at the footy club. His form is not a reflection of just his talent, it's his work ethic. And he's won the respect of his team mates because he's pretty tough. So...he's going well."

High praise indeed from the boss.

Heard Sinclair on SEN yesterday, they had a project he did at school im 2007 which asked what he'd let to he doing in 10 years time. He said either wicket keeping for Australia or playing for the Saints. Funny thing is, he was a Blues supporter, but his Pop played for the Saints apparently.

Heard Sinclair on SEN yesterday, they had a project he did at school im 2007 which asked what he'd let to he doing in 10 years time. He said either wicket keeping for Australia or playing for the Saints. Funny thing is, he was a Blues supporter, but his Pop played for the Saints apparently.

Bill Gleeson, (not to be confused with Brian Gleeson the brownlow medallist who tragically did his knee so early in his career)

Jack "Silk" Sinclair continues to impress.

Looked right at home in midfield in his last Sandi game, and in the last quarter against the Dons. Suspect that is where that is where he will end up.

He reminds me of a young Dal Santo who quickly earnt the nickname "The Matrix" as he just always seemed to be playing like the other players were in slo-mo. Silk looks the same.

Last edited:
It's those tree trunks he puts inside his socks everyday! Love the way he never loses his balance in that passage and stays on his feet and therefore ready to get to the next contest! Also, I haven't seen Jack bounce the ball ever, and that clip is another great example of his ability to read play and spot and deliver within seconds of taking possession.

He has been likened to Sam Mitchell by many, but I think Trent Cotchin and Robert Harvey could also be described as similar.

:)
Forget calling him Jeff.

I'm calling him Gary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back