Senior Jack Steele

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele strikes me as the sort of guy that thrives on the ball being near him & in contested situations. He's a midfielder who can rest forward & while he's not made a huge impact in his 2 years so far, seeing his competitiveness live at the ground a few times this year was enough for me to say he's going to be a very good player. Hope we get him.

Acres will be our Fyfe
Steele will be our JPK

* yeah

12Chill mate.. a highlights package of steele, even if brief, would be sweeeeeeet.
I'll add any links of your youtube channel or whatever to my sig as im a self proclaimed big deal like briza.

I'll never beat you guys to breaking the news haha. Literally sitting in front of my computer placing some punters club bets and thought I was the first onto it haha. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!

By chance I saw cal had tweeted it 38s ago, I thought this my chance to shine. Still beaten by 2 other people. FML.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've followed Steele closely since he came into the AFL, mainly for super coach purposes. I really do hope we get him.

He was a gun junior, in terms of his ability to find the footy. Had some big games.

He has grown and shown the ability to absolutely dominate the NEAFL. I know it's a huge step below AFL, but he has had some blistering games.

His AFL career has been blighted by a lack of opportunities. Not just the lack of continuity in terms of games played, but also in terms of HOW he has been played by the Giants.

I've seen him on TV and in person, and it is much more obvious live. Steele is often played out of the action areas, skirting the perimeters of the contest. He is often started across half forward, working up and back trying to lose an opponent, trying to inject himself into games.

Keep in mind that Steele is a bona fide midfielder. With GWS' depth of talent he simply hasn't had the opportunity at AFL level, even when he does get the opportunity to play. He needs to be involved in the center square, he needs to have the chance to influence all contests, and when he gets that chance he will show what he can do.

He will be an excellent pick up if we do it. He will get the opportunity with us, both the games and position. He will prosper. And we will be getting him at the perfect time, where his value will be relatively low.

On another note, RE Bains mentioning a want to multiply our early picks this year - can you trade 2017 picks for 2016 picks? I've heard the Giants will be more interested in points for 2017 due to some extra academy points needed for next year, and they are set for this year. I wonder if any trade for Steele could also see us benefit this year. If it's allowed, we could give up a 2017 pick that's more than Steele is worth, but get Steele and some significant draft pick/s back our way for 2016. Then of course hit FA end of 2017 to make up for the weaker draft.
It's not just the journos that read our forum. Steele must as well.

No coincidence that the news he has requested a trade to saints breaks an hour after my post. I got him over the line! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice get.

Great news RE Steele's official request. History suggests it's a done deal, /QUOTE]

Yeh, but not necessarily with GWS. If you try lowballing them, they won't just take unders to get the deal done. See what happened with McCarthy. Granted he was still under contract though.

Future second gets it done if we want to give it up

This will NOT get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back