Traded Jack Steele [traded to St Kilda for 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap pick 10, bargain for saints. GWS would be nuts to settle for a 2nd rounder.

It will be no where near that. Second round at most if it is a direct trade.

10 will only be involved if either another good player is involved or we get a picks (late first) or picks (second round) back.

3rd round pick with either Lewis Pierce,Jason Holmes,Eli Templeton.
Were you banned from the thread on another acc only to come back and make more silly suggestions? :rolleyes:

If a future 2nd is too light, maybe the saints could also swap their 2017 3rd for the Giants 2017 4th to net them additional points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see a three way deal with the Blues involved, think this is fair:

Give:
Carlton - Pick 5, 24 + 42

St Kilda - Pick 10 + Future 2nd Round Pick 2017

GWS - Pick 16, 34, Marchbank + Steele

Receive:

Carlton - Pick 10, 34, Marchbank

St Kilda - Pick 16, 42 + Steele

GWS - Pick 5, 24 + St Kilda Future 2nd Round Pick 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give:

Receive:

Nope Carlton / GWS do ok Saints shafted

Give:

Receive:

I bet you would like to see that, can't imagine GWS agree to it.

Nope Carlton / GWS do ok Saints shafted

How do the Saints get shafted? They get a a solid young midfielder sthey've clearly targeted for some time and in return only drop 6 places in this years first round and trade their 2017 second round for a very similar pick in this years draft. Personally think the Saints are getting a bargain in that deal.

How do the Saints get shafted? They get a a solid young midfielder sthey've clearly targeted for some time and in return only drop 6 places in this years first round and trade their 2017 second round for a very similar pick in this years draft. Personally think the Saints are getting a bargain in that deal.
If the Saints won the flag next year that'd mean pick 36 in a reputedly stronger draft which still wouldn't be very similar to pick 42

I bet you would like to see that, can't imagine GWS agree to it.

GWS get an 11 pick upgrade for Marchbank, who can walk for nothing as he is out of contract and top 5 picks are a quite a lot more valuable than Pick 16. Then get pick 24 for Steele which is more than fair, he is also out of contract and can walk. Then they get a second round pick for next year to help with academy blokes which will most likely be a few spots higher than the pick 34 they are giving up. Can't see how GWS wouldn't agree to it.

If the Saints won the flag next year that'd mean pick 36 in a reputedly stronger draft which still wouldn't be very similar to pick 42

36 and 42 most certainly are very similar. But anyway point taken, even so if the Saints finish say 8th and that pick becomes 29, in the magical scheme of points the Saints would be getting Steele for 586 points, around pick 32. Of course points are no perfect measuring stick, but any way you look at it the Saints are getting a bargain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back