Traded Jack Steele [traded to St Kilda for 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks everyone for the info. So sounds like GWS could (at best) use 8 picks to pay for 4 players.
Handy advantage over the other Academy clubs who wouldn't have the same luxury.
Yes. However, I've heard that AFL has guaranteed those clubs that traded for future picks would be able to use the extra picks this year. The AFL just keeps changing the rules - all GWS and every other club can do is work them to their best advantage.

Palmer had 36 and 6 goals the week before so I wouldn't read a lot into NEAFL stats. Seems 40 is about = to 25 in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First I've heard

I read on your Board that there was a need to shield Paddy McCartin from Longer and another player and get him sorted with his off field behaviour??

If Longer leaves to another club will be his 3rd club in a very short period....think it tells you something. I also think an interstate team would be petrified of taking a bloke who has already gone home homesick once before after telling the club he would be fine in the draft interviews.

I read on your Board that there was a need to shield Paddy McCartin from Longer and another player and get him sorted with his off field behaviour??

If Longer leaves to another club will be his 3rd club in a very short period....think it tells you something. I also think an interstate team would be petrified of taking a bloke who has already gone home homesick once before after telling the club he would be fine in the draft interviews.

Like I said first I've heard. Sounds like crap.

lol what are you on about mate? Vivid imagination you have

I've actually never read that?

Wow, there is so much crap in this post it's hard to know where to start!

I guess I'll start with your first point, which I also haven't read before or heard. As for your 2nd, it tells us something does it? He left Brisbane for more opportunities, he wasn't kicked out!

As for your final point, which one was it, that he was kicked out of his 1st club (hence it "telling us something" that he'd be at 3 clubs in a short period of time), or that he left due to homesickness- something that someone from the Brisbane board said wasn't the reason he gave for leaving to come to St Kilda anyway, unlike the other 4 who left them that year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back