Traded Jack Steele [traded to St Kilda for 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs need 3-4 ruckman.Look at the Swans who are currently playing there 3rd and fourth best ruckman.

We will be looking at an upgrade on Downie and Simpson.

Mumford is 30.Lobb is flexible enough to play anywhere and could possibly leave.Someone like Longer makes sense.

How would Giants fans feel about this?

Pick 10 and next years first for pick 7 and Steele?

Then swap St Kilda's 3rd and Giants second.

It give Giants another first rounder next year while giving the Saints more opportunity to grab a quality mid in the draft.

Last edited:
Let's get it done GWS.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...tin-in-afl-draft-miracle-20141128-11w0cv.html

Steele describes it as a "miracle" that Canberra's five-year AFL draft drought was broken by two best friends, from the same club, same school, who'd been inseparable since they were 11.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-in-port-adelaide-rooms-20160603-gpb51s.html

GWS Giants midfielder Jack Steele will have to hide his AFL colours as he infiltrates enemy territory on Sunday to sneak into the Port Adelaide Power change rooms.

But the Canberra junior isn't changing clubs or trying to steal opposition secrets. Steele is stepping into the Power's inner sanctum to support his best mate after his AFL debut.

Stay away :mad::p

Hey we're giving you Hartlett for pick 10 and Cam O'Shea for a pair of Nick Reiwoldt's dirty socks. What more do you want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would Giants fans feel about this?
Pick 10 and next years first for pick 7 and Steele?
Then swap St Kilda's 3rd and Giants second.
It give Giants another first rounder next year while giving the Saints more opportunity to grab a quality mid in the draft.
If that deal were to be offered, I would reckon that GWS might do it. Of course it depends on what the club is thinking they need to go for in the draft, and what other trades are bubbling away. But as has often been said, GWS will want to seek picks in the 2017 draft so any club that offers one would likely get the chocolates. It's a value around pick 24, so probably on the low side of perceived value for Steele (presuming Saints make the 8 next year), but GWS as we saw last year were willing to gamble on position.

I reckon GWS will be relatively pragmatic, and aim to get the job done with relatively little fuss.

Who isn't.

We can shut down our magoos soon.
Why keep em running when we have a neafl team in the AFL.

It would be getting a bit out of hand really. I don't feel like chasing talent you originally drafted to another club is a pillar I'd want to be building success on. Whiley, Jacksh, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Phillips, Marchbank and rumored interest in Stewart then that post re Steele.

That would leave just shy of a quarter of the senior list as GWS cast offs. I have concerns over what my club is doing, but that sort of list build would seriously worry me!

It would be getting a bit out of hand really. I don't feel like chasing talent you originally drafted to another club is a pillar I'd want to be building success on. Whiley, Jacksh, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Phillips, Marchbank and rumored interest in Stewart then that post re Steele.

That would leave just shy of a quarter of the senior list as GWS cast offs. I have concerns over what my club is doing, but that sort of list build would seriously worry me!
Its an interesting rebuild. But i cant see a problem with it.
Everyone says we have too much talent lying bored in the magoos waiting for their shot.
So this gives them their shot at the big time.

Makes Giants v Blues games very interesting in the future.

To be fair, Marchbank and Steele aren't exactly cast offs. They were second year players getting a game in a quality side but both struggled with a few injuries. Both would be at GWS if it was up to the club.

There's talk from Barrett that if North get an end of first round pick for Wells it will be sent to GWS for Steele, remember we bid a first rounder on him in his draft year.

Its an interesting rebuild. But i cant see a problem with it.
Everyone says we have too much talent lying bored in the magoos waiting for their shot.
So this gives them their shot at the big time.

Makes Giants v Blues games very interesting in the future.

I can given the players brought in so far have been pretty meh and they've given you good value for them. If I was in your position I'd be chuffed with how its played out.

You've got much needed list space an early picks, win-win. Who knows Steele and Marchbank might buck the trend (Stewart won't).

Spot on though it does add extra spice to future encounters.

To be fair, Marchbank and Steele aren't exactly cast offs. They were second year players getting a game in a quality side but both struggled with a few injuries. Both would be at GWS if it was up to the club.

Its a good point and poor use of language on my behalf.

In isolation I think both would provide value (say Steele gets to the Saints or Marchbank to Richmond perhaps), but as a core component of a list build IDK.

In three years time is a best 18 comprised 50% of guys that couldn't get a regular gig at GWS any more likely to take it up to the guys that could? You'd want to have a damn ******* good FD to be sure of it and that hasn't exactly been Carlton's strength this century.

I reckon one more year of medicine by targeting early picks would do it for Carlton, but being a neutral I'm all for this re-stock :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back