News Jack Steven in hospital after possible assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Selwood was actually a fair bit younger, but injuries had already taken their toll and it was obvious to everyone he wasn’t the same player. Steven is already the wrong side of thirty, and shall we say hasn’t had idea, preparation.

But sure, his best footy is ahead of him.
Fitness has never worried me with his recruitment, he's always been a solid body type but still remained durable and able to run all day, the mental and personal side is what we should be concerned about and why he came so cheap in the first place.

I would have thought with the limited training the list has been able to do would be restrictive enough compared to normal preps - add this enforced spell as well and its too much to come back from for Rd2.... another week on the track for mine. 17 games season is still long for him... there will be plenty of chances with the compressed schedule to get him games.

Go Catters

I would have thought with the limited training the list has been able to do would be restrictive enough compared to normal preps - add this enforced spell as well and its too much to come back from for Rd2.... another week on the track for mine. 17 games season is still long for him... there will be plenty of chances with the compressed schedule to get him games.

Go Catters

Bugger that Daz...lol...throw him in! He did ok for the Saints when he was fat as a pig....

I hope they play him.

Jack's out of hospital, back at the club & hitting the training track, preparing for the remainder of the footy season

And with the following announcement from the AFL, it's probably time to draw this thread to a close:

The AFL has closed its inquiry into the stabbing of Jack Steven and cleared him of any wrongdoing, leaving him free to play in Round 2 if fit.

The league said it was satisfied with the midfielder’s explanation of the events of May 17 and he did not break any AFL rules - COVID-19 related or otherwise.

“The AFL today said the inquiry into Geelong Cats player Jack Steven suffering an injury to his chest in May has been completed and the matter is now closed,” a statement read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back