News Jack Steven in hospital after possible assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even say it would vanish from the media cycle, though.

I don't deny that we're dealing with a difficult areas but your points feel more general on the issue rather than specifically for me.

You suggested this deserved to be 'background media noise', though. If it was your brother who was stabbed, would you still believe that was the best scenario?

I'm simply making the point that the issue is serious enough that Steven's status as a footballer can't possibly be a good reason to relegate the question of family violence to a place of ancillary concern.

By the way, I'm sure that's not what you're saying. You clearly believe the broader issue is worthy of significant attention in the general media so that the prevalence and intensity of these conflicts is not simply blithely perpetuated across generations.

So your issue seems to be that it is an invasion of Steven's privacy and/or some impediment to him getting back to doing his job. Which is all true. In response, I would simply note that I see those outcomes as inevitable, given his status, the media's hunger for copy, and the seriousness of the issue involved.

When was Beams stabbed and refusing to co-operate with authorities?

He wasn't, but Maguire was quick to protect his player by calling for people to respect Beam's privacy. Quite rightly so.

Yet, was equally quick on to his high horse with Steven, with little or no regard to his privacy.

Steven had every right to his privacy and entitled to choose when and where he would speak with police, as he has now done, without irrelevant motor mouths like Maguire demanding details.

Maguire revealed his own double standards by doing so.

and was hated by not only his teammates but by club officials as well. You want to hear Neil Balme talk about him. That to me is a bigger issue than whether he can play or not. It’s one thing to not get along with a teammate here or there. But when wise heads like Balme can’t stand you, you’re a cancer.
Oh really. I haven't heard that before. Is that cause he sulked after getting left out of the GF side?

Don't know about that but it may have been a better year fi the great Coach of that time had not scheduled a light pre-season- and yes he did, sent it out in an email. We ran out of ouff during the 2006 year after winningf the pre-season cup.
At least he learned from the mistake and did something different the following year.

Scott schedules a holiday every bye and they haven't been able to recover from the ill effects for 8 years. He persists with the same janky gameplan despite it being proven it doesn't hold up.

He wasn't, but Maguire was quick to protect his player by calling for people to respect Beam's privacy. Quite rightly so.

Yet, was equally quick on to his high horse with Steven, with little or no regard to his privacy.

Steven had every right to his privacy and entitled to choose when and where he would speak with police, as he has now done, without irrelevant motor mouths like Maguire demanding details.

Maguire revealed his own double standards by doing so.

Yep, can't criticise the Cats. A player gets stabbed, nothing to see here, play on!

Yep, can't criticise the Cats. A player gets stabbed, nothing to see here, play on!

It's not about criticism of the Cats per se - it's the fact that this particular avenue of criticism came from a hypocrite living in a glass house.

If he wasn't compromised then one could / would attach some weight to his comments, but the sad fact is he shouldn't be pointing fingers.

It's not about criticism of the Cats per se - it's the fact that this particular avenue of criticism came from a hypocrite living in a glass house.

If he wasn't compromised then one could / would attach some weight to his comments, but the sad fact is he shouldn't be pointing fingers.

Remind me of what Dayne Beams has done? It's a fact that Steven has been stabbed, is anything fact with Beams or just rumours? At the very least, I'd want to know if someone stabbed Steven in self defence.

Remind me of what Dayne Beams has done? It's a fact that Steven has been stabbed, is anything fact with Beams or just rumours? At the very least, I'd want to know if someone stabbed Steven in self defence.

What proven facts do you know about the incident with Steven?

Maguire demanded Beams be afforded complete privacy, yet has criticised the GFC for asking the same on behalf of Steven.

And JDG now has questions to answer.

Oh Eddie... how the worm needs to turn now lol

- edit - i have no interest in JDG being skewered over this. He deserves his right to privacy just as Jack Steven does. This is not about the player - but about Eddie making such a stink abou the issue... I hope that the rest of the media skewer that fat * and his double standards.

GO Catters

- edit - i have no interest in JDG being skewered over this. He deserves his right to privacy just as Jack Steven does. This is not about the player - but about Eddie making such a stink abou the issue... I hope that the rest of the media skewer that fat fu** and his double standards.

GO Catters
He ducked and weaved it on triple m this morning. As is typical eddie. Something along the lines of it was an old incident from 2019. And most likely will be adjourned until later in the year because of covid.

Rules for thee, but not for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- edit - i have no interest in JDG being skewered over this. He deserves his right to privacy just as Jack Steven does. This is not about the player - but about Eddie making such a stink abou the issue... I hope that the rest of the media skewer that fat fu** and his double standards.

GO Catters

Driving while disqualified and using a hand held device and will front court as a result.

Stabbed. Move along.

Do you live next door to him? You must if you're that scared.
Yep. Even though still extremely unlikely, you would be far, far more likely to be injured from Beams, Buddy, some other AFL player coked up and pranging into you at an intersection, Than coming face to face with the Steven Slasher all crazy eyed and just gagging to stab and gash.

Yep. Even though still extremely unlikely, you would be far, far more likely to be injured from Beams, Buddy, some other AFL player coked up and pranging into you at an intersection, Than coming face to face with the Steven Slasher all crazy eyed and just gagging to stab and gash.

Yep, circle the wagons, you can't say anything bad about a Cat even one that hasn't fired a shot in anger for the club at this point in time.

Yep, circle the wagons, you can't say anything bad about a Cat even one that hasn't fired a shot in anger for the club at this point in time.
It’s abit hard to be critical of him when he was the one that was stabbed, but feel free to throw him under the bus as you’re doing .
He has spoken to the police with no charges laid, imagine telling a victim how to handle a situation that you’re not involved with.

Last edited:
Public health / interest / safety.

Was he threatening someone to the extent that person felt they needed to stab him to protect themselves or anyone else from him?

There's not been the slightest suggestion, to date, that Steven was an aggressor in whatever happened.

He's spoken to the police and, to date, no charges have been brought against him.

Until such time as there is any evidence to the contrary, I don't think it's prudent to speculate on Steven having threatened someone.

Everyone has the right to deal with trauma the best way they feel is appropriate , no one has the right to be telling jack how to handle the situation...he will rightly do what best for himself and others.

I wonder if these muppets would be saying the same thing to rape victims that don’t cone forward to the police for a whole range of issues?

Victim shaming is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back