News Jack Steven in hospital after possible assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public health / interest / safety.

Was he threatening someone to the extent that person felt they needed to stab him to protect themselves or anyone else from him?
Or was he calming down a close relative who was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia - is it your right to know Jack's family medical history?

Yep, circle the wagons, you can't say anything bad about a Cat even one that hasn't fired a shot in anger for the club at this point in time.
I dont care about Steven. I never even wanted to get him.
I just find it a bit over the top worrying about the public's safety and all the other stuff.
If thehe guy who actually got stabbed is happy to move on, I am too.

I dont care about Steven. I never even wanted to get him.
I just find it a bit over the top worrying about the public's safety and all the other stuff.
If thehe guy who actually got stabbed is happy to move on, I am too.

Provided his actions weren't the cause of him getting stabbed then I agree.

Still not been the slightest inference from anyone, even from the police, that Steven initiated the incident with any form of aggression or unacceptable behaviour.

They've spoken to Steven, and his ex partner, and appear to be satisfied - so far - that no further action is necessary.

So I think your fear is unfounded so far.

Last edited:
Yep, circle the wagons, you can't say anything bad about a Cat even one that hasn't fired a shot in anger for the club at this point in time.

Pretty much how it works now it seems.

Look at all the dogshit we’ve traded in during recent years and how there is very little criticism even when it’s obvious they’re crap.

There's not been the slightest suggestion, to date, that Steven was an aggressor in whatever happened.

He's spoken to the police and, to date, no charges have been brought against him.

Until such time as there is any evidence to the contrary, I don't think it's prudent to speculate on Steven having threatened someone.

Just about every person in this thread is speculating.

If we all step back from this objectively ...

(sorry I started laughing then)

... there is a story here, there is a cover up - if nothing else by Steven who does not want to talk to police, there was a stabbing, and there are conflicting versions of events.

Does it deserve deeper investigation? Yes.

Does Jack deserve some privacy? Yes.

Is the media entitled to speculate? Yes.

We can all jump on our high horse regarding the beloved Cats, Eddie and this, that and everything else until the cows come home. But the fact is there is a story, there is a mystery and it deserves some further exposure whether you, me or anyone else likes it or not.

Some of that “dog s**t” got us deep in to September. When Stevens fires, we will be a better side.

If he fires.

If he's over his, what's the modern term...........issues?

Of course we'll be better. Just like we were going to be with McIntosh and Clark and Smith and Scott Selwood and Tuohy and Henderson and Dahlhaus and Rohan. See no reason why Steven and Jenkins cannot continue that fine tradition of excellent September performers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we all step back from this objectively ...

(sorry I started laughing then)

... there is a story here, there is a cover up - if nothing else by Steven who does not want to talk to police, there was a stabbing, and there are conflicting versions of events.

Does it deserve deeper investigation? Yes.

Does Jack deserve some privacy? Yes.

Is the media entitled to speculate? Yes.

We can all jump on our high horse regarding the beloved Cats, Eddie and this, that and everything else until the cows come home. But the fact is there is a story, there is a mystery and it deserves some further exposure whether you, me or anyone else likes it or not.

Steven HAS spoken to police.

What are the conflicting versions that were put to them?

I don't particularly care what has happened but I've filed Steven in with Cockatoo in that I will be surprised if he plays more than a handful of games for the club from here.
I felt like that with Rohan, I assigned to the fact he’d just be injured and barely get on the park. I was pleasantly surprised with his output.

I doubt the police would let him go without questioning if they suspected that at all.

And if it's a personal matter that Jack would rather not be in the media why would he be telling Vic Police anything after how they handled the Dean Laidley matter.

If he fires.

If he's over his, what's the modern term...........issues?

Of course we'll be better. Just like we were going to be with McIntosh and Clark and Smith and Scott Selwood and Tuohy and Henderson and Dahlhaus and Rohan. See no reason why Steven and Jenkins cannot continue that fine tradition of excellent September performers.
Geelong'll fix him. The move down to Geelong will do him good. Like it has for many of those you mentioned. Medical team are miracle workers too. Must be why we keep drafting those kids who spent their draft year on the sidelines.

Does he actually HAVE the right to remain silent? The U.S 'Miranda rights' (http://www.mirandarights.org/) are well known to anyone who's watched a bit of telly or seen a movie with an arrest in it but what are Steven's options in Victoria?

According to this he doesn't have to say anything to the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back