News Jack Steven in hospital after possible assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I going crazy or was he out there playing in the "intra" that they had highlights of on the site?

Out there for a little while at least.

But I don't understand that really. In the sense that it looked like a proper hit out and surely you are not out there at all after what he went through unless you are alright. It's not the same as joining in lane kicking or something like that.

But I don't understand that really. In the sense that it looked like a proper hit out and surely you are not out there at all after what he went through unless you are alright. It's not the same as joining in lane kicking or something like that.

Maybe the club has finally made a call to either make him or break him?

Am I going crazy or was he out there playing in the "intra" that they had highlights of on the site?
Steven?

Yep, he was out there - he didn't require surgery after the incident, so if he's healed & was ready to go, why wouldn't he be involved

10-14 days for stitches to heal sounds about right. Seperate issue but still didn’t look AFL fit to me unfortunately.

At least the qrts are shorter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stand by him guys. Get him fit and he will reward you. Hes a gun player when he's fit.

He was a gun player but the human body is not meant to stay at peak fitness post 30 years of age. It's just a fact. This is not a bloke who takes very good care of himself either.
The grog and poor eating habits means he will be susceptible to on-going injuries.
Why do you think his calf muscles keep tweaking on him? He's carrying too much upper body weight for performance at the highest level in this sporting code.

I have absolutely no doubt this guy will be another bust. Perhaps not quite the same bust as what Scott Selwood was when he came to Geelong, but no way Jack Steven manages to play out this season.

I'm pumping the Jack Steven tyres. Norm Smith 2020.

COME CATS FANS. DON'T BE PUSSIES. WE ARE BACK 2007-2011 STYLE!
Luv the enthusiasm...

Because I lived thru the 1980 - 2006 years im gonna come out of the blocks a little slower.... and relish the 07-11 years and what we've done since..... but again i like the approach.

GO Catters

He was a gun player but the human body is not meant to stay at peak fitness post 30 years of age. It's just a fact. This is not a bloke who takes very good care of himself either.
The grog and poor eating habits means he will be susceptible to on-going injuries.
Why do you think his calf muscles keep tweaking on him? He's carrying too much upper body weight for performance at the highest level in this sporting code.

I have absolutely no doubt this guy will be another bust. Perhaps not quite the same bust as what Scott Selwood was when he came to Geelong, but no way Jack Steven manages to play out this season.
The guy missed 9 games in 8 years through injury at the Saints, comparing him to Scott Selwood is the definition of drawing a long bow.

The guy missed 9 games in 8 years through injury at the Saints, comparing him to Scott Selwood is the definition of drawing a long bow.

Not really. Selwood was actually a fair bit younger, but injuries had already taken their toll and it was obvious to everyone he wasn’t the same player. Steven is already the wrong side of thirty, and shall we say hasn’t had idea, preparation.

But sure, his best footy is ahead of him.

Not really. Selwood was actually a fair bit younger, but injuries had already taken their toll and it was obvious to everyone he wasn’t the same player. Steven is already the wrong side of thirty, and shall we say hasn’t had idea, preparation.

But sure, his best footy is ahead of him.
Ill wait and see a few games until casting him aside.
Different injuries to Scooter however. Agree on the age position - but hey.... he might get back to his 2017 form or close to it.

GO Catters

Ill wait and see a few games until casting him aside.
Different injuries to Scooter however. Agree on the age position - but hey.... he might get back to his 2017 form or close to it.

GO Catters
I'm more concerned on how he copes with the sledging than the actual physical side,don't want a repeat of this. 1591402749094.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back