News Jack Steven retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GEELONG midfielder Jack Steven has announced his retirement with a one year to run on his contract.

The Cats are expected to confirm later today that the four-time St Kilda best-and-fairest has called time on his career after 192 games, including nine after arriving at GMHBA Stadium ahead of the 2020 season.

Yeah, he just wasn't physically able to play at the level of this team in 2020. With Higgins and Smith coming in I really can't see him getting a spot in the AFL team in 21. He had a terrific career at St Kilda, and he'll always have that. All the best to him and his future.

Was worth a crack
Yep. That’s all there is to it. He was an excellent but troubled player.

I won’t be sticking around to watch others put the boots in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck to Jack in retirement - hopefully he can smoothly transition into life after football

As others have said he was worth a crack - if he was able to find his best then he would have been a valuable addition to the side, but unfortunately things didn't work out

We lured him out of the Saints and we knew what we were getting, so I hope he is getting paid out at least some of his contract.
Hope he is happy outside of footy.

Carried that St Kilds side for a long time and seemed genuinely happy to be with us..im glad he got to finish in the hoops. Wish him all the best post footy..family comes first.

Yeah, didn't have the fitness to really make it further, must have been something to do with his training regime

93BX.gif

It’s a shame it didn’t work out for him at Geelong. I wander if he might still play some footy not at afl level. The hubs and uncertainty of next years season probably didn’t help. Could he run around with the VFL team next season?

A fantastic player for us who carried the Saints to a fair portion of our wins over a lean period. His road runner feet streaming out of the centre at Docklands lifted our supporters during some dark days.
Thanks to Geelong FC for offering him a hand when he was at a low ebb in his life. Speaks a lot for the management of your club.

Go well in life Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back