Rumour Jack Steven Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
He was at the Saints JLT game today so I find that rumour hard to believe, if he was that unpopular with the other players he wouldn't be there at all.

If true Stevens is gone as that is not something that is forgivable. Doesn't matter if the teammate whose wife he cheated with is no where near as good as Stevens, a clubs culture can't survive if they keep a player like that in the team.

In saying that though I hope it isn't true.

The footy media forgave Gary Lyons pretty quickly after doing something similar.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why is the reported reason of "mental health issues" so unbelieveable?

Not just in this instance, but others too, why does everyone assume it's a cover-up for something else (usually assumed to be drug issues)?
Seems to be the modern go to defence for anyone who gets caught doing the wrong thing, it's the best way to escape ridicule and gain pitty.

Humans are crafty *ers, if they see a socially accepted loophole they'll use it.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone that thinks publicly acknowledging a mental health problem is the easy way out, just doesn't get the stigma attached. It shouldn't be there but it is what it is.

Acknowleging cocaine use probably has less impact on a players life.

The club is between a rock and a hard place, a player cant go missing without some explanation. I have noticed ours does give little away about players at times. I wonder if that's trying to protect their privacy when their struggling.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If true Stevens is gone as that is not something that is forgivable. Doesn't matter if the teammate whose wife he cheated with is no where near as good as Stevens, a clubs culture can't survive if they keep a player like that in the team.

In saying that though I hope it isn't true.

Unless you're at the Bulldogs and it's one of your best players cheating with the missus of a fringe player. You just get rid of the fringe player.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is why Gary Lyon, Buddy Franklin, all these people who have used 'depression' and 'mental illness' as excuses should be called out for their bullshit. People in the industry are too scared to say any of this, but that's cowardly as *.

No clue whether Jack Steven is going through some s**t or whether he's snaking his way out of something else.

What happens when a player goes through psychosis? Develops bipolar? He doesn't have to tell anyone why he's taking time out, but inevitably he'll be seen as a drug cheat or a cokehead unless he does.

The whole thing is just horseshit now. You basically have to say 'yeah tried killing myself' for it to be validated and honest.

This is why Gary Lyon, Buddy Franklin, all these people who have used 'depression' and 'mental illness' as excuses should be called out for their bullshit. People in the industry are too scared to say any of this, but that's cowardly as ****.

No clue whether Jack Steven is going through some s**t or whether he's snaking his way out of something else.

What happens when a player goes through psychosis? Develops bipolar? He doesn't have to tell anyone why he's taking time out, but inevitably he'll be seen as a drug cheat or a cokehead unless he does.

The whole thing is just horseshit now. You basically have to say 'yeah tried killing myself' for it to be validated and honest.

1) Gary Lyon was a media personality not a currently listed AFL player under the CBA
2) do you know Buddy was using mental illness as an "excuse"

you should use your 2nd paragraph for every view you have on it. you really have no idea what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back