Rumour Jack Steven Stabbing Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it was last year numb nuts
Yeah, checkout the desensitised legume.

choofed.gif

Collingwood and Eddie not saying much over Degoey, driving no license and use of mobile phone but but want everything of Jack Stevens splashed over the paper
Collingwood haven't said s**t about Jack Steven. Eddie McGuire may be the president but he's not the club.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL has been gone too long. Its a very dark day today.

I agree with something Barrett said. I should probably just delete my account now.

His headline is the usual click bait followed by a clarification the details can remain private.

But the AFL surely has a duty of care to investigate and clear him of any wrongdoing. Until then how can you know he's the innocent in all this?

I imagine the police enquiry will be made available to the AFL and that'll be the end of it? (Assuming nothing untoward).

AFL has been gone too long. Its a very dark day today.

I agree with something Barrett said. I should probably just delete my account now.

His headline is the usual click bait followed by a clarification the details can remain private.

But the AFL surely has a duty of care to investigate and clear him of any wrongdoing. Until then how can you know he's the innocent in all this?

I imagine the police enquiry will be made available to the AFL and that'll be the end of it? (Assuming nothing untoward).
The only thing I’m interested in if he broke isolation rules

Collingwood haven't said s**t about Jack Steven. Eddie McGuire may be the president but he's not the club.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Said pretty much the same thing last night on the Collingwood board while having a go at Eddie. Seems they’re a bit sensitive over there unless Eddie gets things removed of course because the post disappeared without a trace.
First time it’s happened to me. Moral of the story: even if you’re admiring Collingwood, don’t criticise Eddie on their board.

Said pretty much the same thing last night on the Collingwood board while having a go at Eddie. Seems they’re a bit sensitive over there unless Eddie gets things removed of course because the post disappeared without a trace.
First time it’s happened to me. Moral of the story: even if you’re admiring Collingwood, don’t criticise Eddie on their board.

Im sure you can criticise him on ours !

I pretty clearly said on a couple of occasions that he doesn’t have a legal responsibility.
So I would have thought it pretty obvious that I’m not suggesting Steven be charged with any crime. He however, clearly has a moral obligation. If his attacker gets off scot free due to Steven’s misplaced loyalty then it is on his head if he/she repeats the dose on someone else.

... [my bold]
[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree with you here.

any responsibility for violence or assault is on the person doing the assaulting. and only that person.
If Steven was assaulted by his ex ... and he doesnt want to report it, that is up to him. It could easily be that he doesnt want to report it because it would result in issues with custody, or adversely affect his child.

Victims - male or female - of domestice violence are victims. They dont need to take responsibility if the offender assaults someone else - that is on the offender !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally disagree with you here.

any responsibility for violence or assault is on the person doing the assaulting. and only that person.
If Steven was assaulted by his ex ... and he doesnt want to report it, that is up to him. It could easily be that he doesnt want to report it because it would result in issues with custody, or adversely affect his child.

Victims - male or female - of domestice violence are victims. They dont need to take responsibility if the offender assaults someone else - that is on the offender !!!!

So you have no problem with DV victims protecting their violent partners ?

Wouldnt push them to admit what happened.

So you have no problem with DV victims protecting their violent partners ?

Wouldnt push them to admit what happened.

I have no issues with DV victims protecting themselves, their children and their childrens best interest, and if that means not taking it further - so be it.

would I rather that everyone report DV to the police, get restraining orders etc - absolutely. But the well being of the victim, the children and the circumstances come first, and we simply dont know the reasons why he has chosen not to press charges against her.

It is not the victims responsibility to protect society. They need to protect themselves first.

I have no issues with DV victims protecting themselves, their children and their childrens best interest, and if that means not taking it further - so be it.

would I rather that everyone report DV to the police, get restraining orders etc - absolutely. But the well being of the victim, the children and the circumstances come first, and we simply dont know the reasons why he has chosen not to press charges against her.

It is not the victims responsibility to protect society. They need to protect themselves first.

And when Victim A says nothing and then Victim B gets attacked, that's okay ?

Criminals can keep on committing offences until people choose to say something ?

And when Victim A says nothing and then Victim B gets attacked, that's okay ?

Criminals can keep on committing offences until people choose to say something ?

Its very hard to stop the offender if no one says anything. But just because he chooses not to press charges - doesnt necessaily follow that its because he is protecting her. It could be for any number of reasons (mental health issues, child care or other personal reasons)

In you scenario - its not victim A's fault ... its the offenders fault. Blaming the victim for later offences just adds to the guilt and difficulty the victim faces.

Assault and violence is often is not an isolated incident, it often comes with a LOT of mental health issues and other problems that the victim has to deal with. Taking legal action, dealing with the repercussions of that, reliving the assaults, talking about it etc ... sometimes is just not an option.

In the case of Jack Steven - if he reports her, and she goes to jail - how is he going to explain that to his child? Who is going to look after the child? Maybe he thinks it was an isolated incident and his child and others are not in any danger? That if he reports it, she will have the child taken off her? Maybe he is just looking after the best interests of his child.

In a perfect world victims would report offenders, offenders would be put in jail and the world would be better off. But we dont live in a perfect world.

As I said - none of that might apply to this situation ... but we dont know, so all we can do is treat him as any other DV victim. Give him support and space and privacy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back