Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
TL;DR We stiffed Port something shocking and Geelong decided they couldn't live with not being the biggest shitbags in the comp so they took advantage of us twice as bad.

Geelong were iffy on him. Should every club accomodate another player who has mental issues? If Taylor Walker comes forward with mental issues (just a random name) and wants to be traded to the Eagles, should Eagles just shrug and give Adelaide what they want, even if they don’t necessarily want him?

I know Geelong can be hard asses at times, but if they are unsure whether Stevens will even play close to his ability, then why trade more?

They gave the Saints pick 21 for Stanley, if they thought Stevens was worth it they would have happily traded higher.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
okay Mr Trade Expert then. If Geelong refused to give anything but what they gave, then what should the Saints have done in this situation? Forced Stevens to stay and instantly become the bad guys and risk not having him play anyway?
Ask him if he's willing to go somewhere else as Geelong don't rate him enough to offer a semi decent pick. If he says only Geelong tell him ok but they will have to up their offer or we can't let you go that cheap

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
We already got him? Am I being trolled? We can't offer any more, we already traded him for pick 58. Freo I think have that pick now, what are we supposed to do? 🙃
My point is Steven wanted to play for Geelong which is fine but if Geelong wanted Steven to play for Geelong they'd offer more than a garbage pick. St Kilda should have stuck to their guns and told him we will trade you elsewhere or keep you as pick 58 is a joke of an offer

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
My point is Steven wanted to play for Geelong which is fine but if Geelong wanted Steven to play for Geelong they'd offer more than a garbage pick. St Kilda should have stuck to their guns and told him we will trade you elsewhere or keep you as pick 58 is a joke of an offer
Yep I'm being trolled.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
wont be laying the boots in here. saints fans are entitled to be disappointed. stuck in an impossible position so soon after frawley.

dont expect cats fans to show any humility next year if he fires. wont take long b4 they start shouting from the rooftops how theyve made st kilda look like fools.

Geezington

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
wont be laying the boots in here. saints fans are entitled to be disappointed. stuck in an impossible position so soon after frawley.

dont expect cats fans to show any humility next year if he fires. wont take long b4 they start shouting from the rooftops how theyve made st kilda look like fools.
You could tell jack wasn’t right in the video he did for the saints fans, hopefully the bloke gets his head right, can’t really see why Geelong would pick him up ageing list with some seriously mediocre players expecting they won’t be serious contenders again next year

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Things in the back ground are much worse than many are led to believe. He might not play any games for us unless he sorts himself put

Back