Traded Jack Steven

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda is likely to be bolstered by prime midfielders Jack Steven and David Armitage for next Sunday's crunch game against Collingwood as both teams look to capitalise on their first wins of the season.

Steven has missed one match with a punctured lung, while Armitage has been sidelined for a fortnight with a groin injury, but both appear set to return against a rejuvenated Collingwood that will likely welcome back Jamie Elliott.

"He's already done a bit of training, he did a 7.5km session I reckon it was on Friday (and) he's driving the doctors mad," Richardson said of Steven after Sunday's 31-point win against the Lions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-09/prime-mids-set-to-bolster-saints-against-magpies

Before Jack Steven was a three-time Trevor Barker Award winner and one of the best midfielders in the land, he made his debut against Hawthorn on a nondescript day down in Launceston at the tail end of the 2009 season.

491069-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-03-23/i-was-pretty-much-just-freaking-out

I remember this game so well. I think it was the last win of our streak that year. 6 senior players rested, Armitage and Steven brought in amongst a few other randoms (Colm Begley!). Jack looked the goods and laid a sweet tackle on Hodge at one point, got into his ear too. Armo racked up the touches and took the 3 Brownlow votes. We defeated the premiers with relative ease and half our team missing on their home turf.

What a weird day.

Before Jack Steven was a three-time Trevor Barker Award winner and one of the best midfielders in the land, he made his debut against Hawthorn on a nondescript day down in Launceston at the tail end of the 2009 season.
What a difference 8 years makes, hey? Jack was rewarded with the Blue Ribbon Cup medal and Sainter Of The Day for his stellar effort yesterday.

18157731_10154871843838183_8487621745337713730_n.jpg

upload_2017-5-15_15-49-32.png

Our Jack Steven leaps over Joel Selwood and into the top 10 players according to the AFL Player Ratings. I can see him pegging Goldstein back from here, as well.

View attachment 370851

Our Jack Steven leaps over Joel Selwood and into the top 10 players according to the AFL Player Ratings. I can see him pegging Goldstein back from here, as well.
Always great to see our boys right up there with some elite company. Can definitely see him climbing up higher if he keeps his form up, which he most likely will.

Jack has been struggling this year having a strong tag every week has blunted his attack on the ball . But he still ends up with fairly good stats . Last week against the Suns he started off slowly but got into the game after quarter time . He is still one of our best midfielders. Him and Ross are our best mids but it's Jacks explosiveness that is the reason he gets tagged every week because other clubs know if you let him go he will rip them to shreds.

Sent via Imagination, HAL traded.

Even though he has been tagged every week he is still averaging 27 disposals a game and we all think he hasn't been that great this year . Just shows how high we hold Jack to be .

Sent via Imagination, HAL traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack was reported by the umpires for a little punch which would normally be just a fine but this is his third time this year so he will probably get a week . We will really miss him against the Tigers as he brings a bit of class to our midfield.

A big sigh of relief that Jack will walk away with just a fine and not a suspension, now let's hope that we don't see him reported for the rest of the season. We know that he's having a bit of a lean period where he hasn't been racking up huge numbers and really breaking away from the contest but he's still an important cog in the engine room (he's pretty handy in the forward line too, just quietly).

My form has also dropped in this thread, perhaps Jack and I can improve together... :oops:

17 disposals (12 contested) at 70% efficiency, 7 clearances, 5 tackles, 4 inside 50s and 2 behinds isn't his worst, but it isn't his best either.

Huge game coming up against the Tigers on Saturday night, let's double those numbers Jack!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back