Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove was better even than Brayshaw and Oliver are as pure midfielders IMO. Well ahead of what Viney was after a couple of years. It's tragic ):

Whilst I agree he was a promising talent, completely disagree about Oliver, Viney is debatable and Brayshaw needs to actually play in the middle to be judged fairly.

Trenners looked set to emulate Bartel
Oliver has shown more at the same age
Agree with the Bartel comparison. After their first season and a bit Trenners has Oliver covered. However if Oliver continues his pre season form that will change, very quickly

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Agree with the Bartel comparison. After their first season and a bit Trenners has Oliver covered. However if Oliver continues his pre season form that will change, very quickly

Trenners looked promising but nothing on Oliver IMO. Trengove was/is great overhead, had composure and was a nice kick but he certainly wasn't looking like the jet that Oliver is shaping as. It is tragic that we probably won't ever see what he might have been. Would be a hard thing to carry as the guy affected a la Egan, Schwarz etc.

There's no real comparison for Trengove, because Croad and Egan had to retire from the injury he's had.

You made the relevant comparison...

Not really. The two of them were never able to run again. Trengove clearly can.

I'm sure all three can run, but the question is whether they can do it at the level required to play AFL footy. The answers to that query are two firm negatives and a dubious TBC.

I'd love to see Trenners make it back, but it's looking about a thousand to one at this point.

I'm sure all three can run, but the question is whether they can do it at the level required to play AFL footy. The answers to that query are two firm negatives and a dubious TBC.

I'd love to see Trenners make it back, but it's looking about a thousand to one at this point.

Like others have already said, he was an emergency last week, it's pretty clear he is better than a thousand to one to make it back. He played 2 or 3 games last year as well. If you mean make it back and play 100 senior games, then yeh might be a thousand to one.

I can barely remember Trengove- can anyone point me to one of his better games?
Round 5 v Brisbane in 2010 IIRC (when we smashed them on a Saturday night), and then whenever we played Essendon in 2011. He had just about the best first two months of any young mid this decade I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Bris 2010 game was the Trengove and Scully show. We were so innocent then.
Bulldogs when Scully had 19 touches in the last quarter in the wet was insane a few weeks later

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Bulldogs when Scully had 19 touches in the last quarter in the wet was insane a few weeks later

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Still the best game he has played.

I'm still filthy that we lost that game.

Didn't Bartram kick a banana with the outside of the boot in that game? Rare.

He hand-balled it to the umpire that game thinking it was a team mate.

The banana kick was against the Saints (Trigger Warning: Footage may contain Neeld, Morton, Tapscott, Sellar, Bail, and the 'old' Jack Watts)

Such a shame injury ruined him to the point where he retired at 24. Such a honest trier. Playing 100 games for a player drafted with pick 60 is a fair effort

The banana kick was against the Saints (Trigger Warning: Footage may contain Neeld, Morton, Tapscott, Sellar, Bail, and the 'old' Jack Watts)

Such a shame injury ruined him to the point where he retired at 24. Such a honest trier. Playing 100 games for a player drafted with pick 60 is a fair effort

Oh my god that is some shithouse football. And celebrating the goal like we just won the game at the end of the third quarter :oops:

So so many potatoes in one team
Like even if we only picked players from the 3rd round from now on we still could never be that bad

Still the best game he has played.
Despite us all hating the trading prick, none of us can deny that is probably the best quarter a Melbourne player has played in 20 years.
Only thing in my memory that beats it is Farmers 1 and 1/2 quarter 9 goal performance on queens birthday in 2000

Despite us all hating the trading prick, none of us can deny that is probably the best quarter a Melbourne player has played in 20 years.
Only thing in my memory that beats it is Farmers 1 and 1/2 quarter 9 goal performance on queens birthday in 2000

McLeans final quarter against the Saints, 2006 elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back