Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Trengove myth has grown over time. He was good, but not THAT good in 2010/11. Maybe on a par with Petracca's first two years. Certainly not in the same ball park as Oliver.

Nevertheless, there can be no argument into the guy's character and resilience. I've never wanted a guy to play as well as I hope Jack does on Saturday.
His first year was better than Oliver's
Oliver's second year though is..................well, you know the rest

His first year was better than Oliver's
Oliver's second year though is..................well, you know the rest
Without regard for history?

He is such a lovely guy. I really hope he kills it. It is going to be interesting to see how they use him. He has to take over either Bernie or JL's role if he's going to stick around. No way can we carry three really slow guys. Unfortunately I think he's well behind both those guys in every respect bar age...

Can't remember the last time I was happier to see a bloke recalled. Probably going back to Ox after the 3rd knee reconstruction, in all seriousness.

Yes, I know Trenners played last year, but this year I feel like he has really earnt it.

I agree with Tempy Tiger, he really has an opportunity to lock done one of Bernie or Jordans spots going forward.

I really hope he gets some good game time and plays well, would love to see him prove he deserves at least another year.

Will be watching very closely.

Edit: Another 16 games he gets to 100, could be handy in about 20 years time.

He is such a lovely guy. I really hope he kills it. It is going to be interesting to see how they use him. He has to take over either Bernie or JL's role if he's going to stick around. No way can we carry three really slow guys. Unfortunately I think he's well behind both those guys in every respect bar age...
I'd say you're right. There's no reason he couldn't slot straight into Bernie's role.

Speed shouldn't be an issue, he can do all the contested stuff, and his footy brain is his biggest asset in that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 disposal at 81%. Solid return. Stoked for him and something to build on :)

Holding fire on Trenners still. Couldnt have been an easier first half for him to return in I dont remember a single kick where he was under pressure in the back half.

Holding fire on Trenners still. Couldnt have been an easier first half for him to return in I dont remember a single kick where he was under pressure in the back half.
Yeah, I'm absolutely stoked to see him back in the senior side. But I'm not totally convinced it's going to be anything other than a couple of weeks. It has a bit of what Grimes went through last season. He does look too slow, but the one thing he does have which Grimes didn't, is quality ball use and good decision making. If he can somehow turn a 16 quality possession game into 20+ next week and keep building, that would be massive for him and the club. A real leader at the club and quality person. If his career does end this year, I'd love the club to give him a job as a coach or find a role for him. The players seem to love him. Such a great clubman..

Yeah, I'm absolutely stoked to see him back in the senior side. But I'm not totally convinced it's going to be anything other than a couple of weeks. It has a bit of what Grimes went through last season. He does look too slow, but the one thing he does have which Grimes didn't, is quality ball use and good decision making. If he can somehow turn a 16 quality possession game into 20+ next week and keep building, that would be massive for him and the club. A real leader at the club and quality person. If his career does end this year, I'd love the club to give him a job as a coach or find a role for him. The players seem to love him. Such a great clubman..

Same as Vince, if Trenners is happy to be mostly a reserves player I can see him as a dependable reserves player who can play a role. But he won't influence games IMO

Was bloody good to see him again and the cheer when he first ran out onto the ground was spine tingling

Same as Vince, if Trenners is happy to be mostly a reserves player I can see him as a dependable reserves player who can play a role. But he won't influence games IMO

Was bloody good to see him again and the cheer when he first ran out onto the ground was spine tingling
Yeah, was at the game with my two young boys, and the crowd cheered every possession. I've met him a few times now, and he's such a great person. Would love to see him stay at the club in any capacity, especially as a player. Fingers crossed he keeps contributing. If he can't influence games anymore, every good side needs role players, so hopefully he can fill a role. How amazing would it be to see him, Jones and Watts in a successful team? All three deserve it as much as anyone in the competition.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-23/im-a-realist-trengove-savours-bright-lights-again

"I'm a realist, in that I know I'm out of contract this year, so every game is huge for me and I've just got to keep proving to everyone that I do belong," Trengove told AFL.com.au.

Will definitely be better for getting the run at AFL level yesterday. Hopefully Goodwin shows a bit of faith in him and keeps him in the side against North Melbourne next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back