MRP / Trib. Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

A photo proves less than nothing. And you’re right, the AFL do have other video footage. Theyve likely looked at it and moved on because Yeo had nothing to answer for. You’re grasping at straws
What? It proves Yeo had his forearm on Sparrow's throat during a wrestle. After last week they should at least say they looked at the incident and said he had nothing to answer for. This is what they do for many incidents where the player in question has nothing to answer for. Here is an example of one that was mentioned regarding Scott Lycett the day before:

1628815532561.png

I wouldn't have a problem if they made that kind of assessment, but the fact that it hasn't been mentioned anywhere indicates it was overlooked.

What? It proves Yeo had his forearm on Sparrow's throat during a wrestle. After last week they should at least say they looked at the incident and said he had nothing to answer for. This is what they do for many incidents where the player in question has nothing to answer for. Here is an example of one that was mentioned regarding Scott Lycett the day before:

View attachment 1204424

I wouldn't have a problem if they made that kind of assessment, but the fact that it hasn't been mentioned anywhere indicates it was overlooked.
The AFL would be churning out 50 statements like this every week if they had to provide one every time a player got touched in a wrestle. You could get the same still photo multiple times for every match of the year.

The AFL would be churning out 50 statements like this every week if they had to provide one every time a player got touched in a wrestle. You could get the same still photo multiple times for every match of the year.

I think it's particularly relevant considering the sanction Viney was handed last week. If it happens as much as you say it does then the AFL would do well to clarify exactly what a player can and can't do and what constitutes a suspendable offence.

I think it's particularly relevant considering the sanction Viney was handed last week. If it happens as much as you say it does then the AFL would do well to clarify exactly what a player can and can't do and what constitutes a suspendable offence.
String em up I say. Partial footage, a photo, an eyewitness in the top tier or an anonymous tipster. Doesn’t matter, string em all up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back