MRP / Trib. Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

The solar plexus is a full foot away from the jaw. Nobody can miss a punch by that much - even if the player is 'dropping slightly'.

Neither you, I or the Brayshaws know Gaff's intentions. But if the punch lands square on the chin it is a fair assumption that this was the intention. To assume that he intend to punch some other part of Brayshaw's body, especially one that is nowhere near his chin, is nonsensical. If he can miss an almost stationary target by this much he would have stuff all chance of catching a fast moving ball.

Define square on the chin? It was a look away swinging arm. 12 inches (30 cm) from chin to solar plexus region? LOL!

Anyway lets not derail this thread on debating an incident we wont agree on. Just go and reread the Gaff thread, its all been said before.

3-4 weeks would be on the mark, but with the tribunal - who knows.
why when the tribunal have set the precedence after last week with Buddy that if there is minimal impact then no suspension is warranted. Collins got up and played on so I fully expect there to be no suspension

The AFL have dug themselves a hole here that I don't agree with but if they are consistent he will get off

Define square on the chin? It was a look away swinging arm. 12 inches (30 cm) from chin to solar plexus region? LOL!

Anyway lets not derail this thread on debating an incident we wont agree on. Just go and reread the Gaff thread, its all been said before.
LOL. Yes, it's 30cm away, I think you either need an anatomy lesson or are unusually short. FYI, this is where the solar plexus is

solar plexus.jpg

There is simply no way Gaff was aiming here and hit the chin.

LOL. Yes, it's 30cm away, I think you either need an anatomy lesson or are unusually short. FYI, this is where the solar plexus is

View attachment 1194908

There is simply no way Gaff was aiming here and hit the chin.

Well there's the answer. I'm calling that boney triangle cartilage centre chest between the nipples the solar plexus. You give that spot just a minimal 1 inch punch or elbow you can't breath or chase for a couple of minutes. Pretty sure that's where T Thomas was hit and went down and it looked like a soft tummy tap.

Maybe he can get just long enough to become coach of an unfulfilled Greek-Australian tennis star longer than his dad did.

Viney can barely tie his shoelaces, as if he knows what a trachea is.

100% this.

I think Viney deserves weeks for that, but he really is quite dim and I doubt anything more than “Me angry, me want hurt you, arrrghhh.” was going through his head.

100% this.

I think Viney deserves weeks for that, but he really is quite dim and I doubt anything more than “Me angry, me want hurt you, arrrghhh.” was going through his head.

White line fever. The bloke goes hard and in some instances too hard.

This is one of them. It wasn't a football action at all, more cage fighting than football.

The soccer mom's will be pointing at that and say 'you won't be playing THAT game son'.

I'm so tired of injury being the determining factor in how incidents are dealt with.

On the one hand, the AFL get their rage boners out for legitimate footballing accidents ala MacKay-Clark and on the other they'll give slaps on the wrist for deliberate elbows to the head and pinning a blokes neck to the ground with the point of your elbow.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of injury being the determining factor in how incidents are dealt with.

One the one hand, the AFL get their rage boners out for legitimate footballing accidents ala MacKay-Hunter and on the other they'll give slaps on the wrist for deliberate elbows to the head and pinning a blokes neck to the ground with the point of your elbow.
I agree 100%. It should be judged on the action and intent not the injury/medical report. It's actually pretty embarrassing for the AFL. They should take note of how things are run in other professional sports NFL ect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney's defence is one lie after another.

BTW for the doubters, the AFL was seeking a minimum 2 weeks.

If the afl insist on running these tribunals like a court of law can Viney be done for perjury? The whole contact with his jaw defence is a farce.
There was contact to the jaw (afterall, the jaw and neck are connected to each other) but the pressure was being applied to the neck with the point of Viney's elbow.

You all have as much integrity as the tribunal and MRP.

Compare the public response between this and Barry Hall choking out Scott Thompson.

Only thing that matters is the 'story' and 'perception' and if there is a grand final to be played or a hero at fault then nobody wants to know about it and that applies to the public too - for shame!

why when the tribunal have set the precedence after last week with Buddy that if there is minimal impact then no suspension is warranted. Collins got up and played on so I fully expect there to be no suspension

The AFL have dug themselves a hole here that I don't agree with but if they are consistent he will get off
He will not get off. And nor should he.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back