MRP / Trib. Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe he got suspended for this. Absolute joke but shouldn't really impact on us for the next couple of weeks. Should have been a fine at most, some of the hysteria at the start of this thread is hilarious.
I disagree - That's not what we want in football, it's just dirty stuff you get in Div 8 local leagues.

That said, Selwood should have been suspended for his eye gouging, and the multiple intentional elbows to the head we have seen this year and last which the AFL have encouraged should have gone as well.

I find it interesting how the AFLPA talk about how the players are united and deserve respect as the custodians of the game and then go out and do stuff like this.

The irony that Jack Reiwoldt said Viney was lucky to only get 2 weeks! Of all clubs, please!

“(He’s) lucky. I reckon you’re walking a fine line there with that one,”

Jesus flogs like Riewoldt and Dangerfield coming out swinging on this one.

Rest up Jack and get back for September, hopefully we can make the big one and you can iron out some guys good and proper without worrying about consequences and we can take home the flag.

I disagree - That's not what we want in football, it's just dirty stuff you get in Div 8 local leagues.

That said, Selwood should have been suspended for his eye gouging, and the multiple intentional elbows to the head we have seen this year and last which the AFL have encouraged should have gone as well.

I find it interesting how the AFLPA talk about how the players are united and deserve respect as the custodians of the game and then go out and do stuff like this.

Oh please, he was basically just holding his opponent down with his forearm. A fine is still a penalty, giving weeks for this kind of stuff is rubbish, I don't care who the player/team is.

Oh please, he was basically just holding his opponent down with his forearm. A fine is still a penalty, giving weeks for this kind of stuff is rubbish, I don't care who the player/team is.
A fine's still a penalty...lol. Sure, it is, but it's not a deterant.

That's like a $1 fine for a speeding.

Come again?

Viney got dragged into a wrestle?
He was literally dragged to the ground?

I'm not sure what video of the incident you have been watching.

Watch the full incident, Viney tackles Collins then has eyes for where the ball is going it looks like he’s going to leave the area then Collins initiatives contact (he grabs Viney).I agree it in no way warrants Vineys action, but I think it should have been taken into account that he could have been defending himself more so than trying to assert physical dominance.

Interesting too see all the Geelong supporters think he’s lucky based on “it’s a bad look” when the whole system has been about the damage you do to the player rather than the act itself.
I’m sure you are the same supporters calling for leniency when Selwood was eye gouging a bloke who is been tackled by someone else unprovoked and unable to protect themselves.

Watch the full incident, Viney tackles Collins then has eyes for where the ball is going it looks like he’s going to leave the area then Collins initiatives contact (he grabs Viney).I agree it in no way warrants Vineys action, but I think it should have been taken into account that he could have been defending himself more so than trying to assert physical dominance.

Interesting too see all the Geelong supporters think he’s lucky based on “it’s a bad look” when the whole system has been about the damage you do to the player rather than the act itself.
I’m sure you are the same supporters calling for leniency when Selwood was eye gouging a bloke who is been tackled by someone else unprovoked and unable to protect themselves.
FFS there was no eye gouging.

I can't believe he got suspended for this. Absolute joke but shouldn't really impact on us for the next couple of weeks. Should have been a fine at most, some of the hysteria at the start of this thread is hilarious.
I can't believe he was suspended either. The AFL usually do a much better job looking after your mob. You're right; it was an absolute joke. Absolute joke he got less than 6 weeks. It shouldn't impact you too much cause the AFL made sure it didn't.

I can't believe he was suspended either. The AFL usually do a much better job looking after your mob. You're right; it was an absolute joke. Absolute joke he got less than 6 weeks. It shouldn't impact you too much cause the AFL made sure it didn't.

Looking after us? We're always made the scapegoat. 4 weeks for ANB last year, 3 weeks for Trengove when he tackled Dangerfield (first suspension of its kind), Brent Moloney getting suspended for "almost" bumping Bartel etc There's plenty of other examples MFC supporters could point to as well over recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS there was no eye gouging.
see this is where deluded supporters should stick to their own boards because the bias is embarrassing.
What was he doing then? It’s a horrible look but here u are defending Selwood and trying to hang Viney

see this is where deluded supporters should stick to their own boards because the bias is embarrassing.
What was he doing then? It’s a horrible look but here u are defending Selwood and trying to hang Viney
Trying to hang Viney?

You obviously like to make things up as shown by that comment and the one about Selwood.

Perhaps you need to look in the mirror.

Back to the Melbourne board you go.

Geez - How to Completely Balls-Up at the Tribunal Vol 1. By Jack Viney.

Probably would have been a fine if he hadn't completely stuffed it halfway through his defence.

Weird. Didn't hear much about this
elliot-yeo-of-the-eagles-and-tom-sparrow-of-the-demons-wrestle-during-picture-id1333193316

Need to see more than a photo to make a judgement. That shot could be taken 10 times in any game
I could only find partial footage

Appears to occur at the end of the third quarter where Sparrow tackles Yeo and Yeo reminstrates. You can partially see Yeo wrestling with Sparrow for a few seconds at the bottom of the screen afterwards before he gets up. From the photo you can see that during the wrestle Yeo had his forearm on Sparrow's throat.

I could only find partial footage

Appears to occur at the end of the third quarter where Sparrow tackles Yeo and Yeo reminstrates. You can partially see Yeo wrestling with Sparrow for a few seconds at the bottom of the screen afterwards before he gets up. From the photo you can see that during the wrestle Yeo had his forearm on Sparrow's throat.

Partially see Yeo wrestling, haha string him up then

Partially see Yeo wrestling, haha string him up then

Did you miss the photo of Yeo pressing his forearm pressing on Sparrow's throat? The partial footage shows that the wrestle went on for a reasonable length of time. The AFL have enough angles that other video footage would have been captured. I never said he deserves to be suspended, just surprised it has been overlooked by both the MRO and media after Viney's case last week got a bit OTT.

Did you miss the photo of Yeo pressing his forearm pressing on Sparrow's throat? The partial footage shows that the wrestle went on for a reasonable length of time. The AFL have enough angles that other video footage would have been captured. I never said he deserves to be suspended, just surprised it has been overlooked by both the MRO and media after Viney's case last week got a bit OTT.
A photo proves less than nothing. And you’re right, the AFL do have other video footage. Theyve likely looked at it and moved on because Yeo had nothing to answer for. You’re grasping at straws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back