Jack Watts - 3 more years

Remove this Banner Ad

The importance of a hyphen!;)
It's not that important and women control their own bodies you misogynist!!!

Um, wait, did I misread your post? :$

What position is he playing this year?
Predominantly forward as the second fiddle to Hogan. For the last month or two he has been our second ruck so he's spent a bit of time in there and he's also generally our first option to send back as a loose man if we are ever trying to shut the game down.

Never thought he would leave after the club persisted with him for so long.

If one of the 2 teams chasing his services last offseason had of came up with an offer inside pick 25 he would have been gone and The MelbourneFC would have wipped their hands with him!

Thankfully for them neither of the clubs did because the kid has been great!!!

He's not that good, though.

He's had one season where he's on track to kick about 40 goals after 7 of not really doing a lot. Let's not get too carried away.
The thing is, he has always been good and had ability, he has just not applied it through work ethic or having enough will to. He is laconic and pretty laid back it seems.

So you're judging him on one week?
No. He's played a lot of shitty games.

I'm certainly not going to judge him on one or two good games.

Last week I thought was a good test for him. Melbourne set themselves to break their losing streak against us, break their Docklands losing streak and remain in finals contention. Watts put in an effort that would be considered soft in a preseason game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

campaigner of a player, Josh Fraser mrkII, stinks it up for 6 weeks until the media catch on then puts in a BOG performance, rince and repeat (without the BOG performances).

Fraser is a good comparison, have the height to play a KP role but in reality they are flankers

I'd take a punt on him at Punt Rd. Wait and see if anyone else really wants him and if not save his skin last minute. He might be able to play a role with our lack of talls. Small money, Premiership club, last chance etc. He's an enigma to me but maybe he will really come good.

He was doing just as well as 2016 until his injury when he went off the boil. Wouldn't mind if he stays or goes, I think a new environment could be beneficial to him.

Fraser is a good comparison, have the height to play a KP role but in reality they are flankers

I can't help but feel that if Melbourne just said "you're a CHF, and that's it", and played him there unchanged from day dot (with maybe his first full year in the VFL, with no pressure to debut at AFL level while you're still at high school), he could have been the next Nick Riewoldt.

I'd take a punt on him at Punt Rd. Wait and see if anyone else really wants him and if not save his skin last minute. He might be able to play a role with our lack of talls. Small money, Premiership club, last chance etc. He's an enigma to me but maybe he will really come good.

Worked for Brad Miller, right? ;)

I can't help but feel that if Melbourne just said "you're a CHF, and that's it", and played him there unchanged from day dot (with maybe his first full year in the VFL, with no pressure to debut at AFL level while you're still at high school), he could have been the next Nick Riewoldt.
Skill wise? Yes. Work ethic? Absolute poles apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back