Rumour Jack Watts off field issues.

a stranger is just a friend you havent met yet. you should all come over to my house for a party
I can think of a couple of things that would get Jack Watts there too...

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do people who earn 290k net wages (tax on 500k is 210k) still get annoyed with $200 parking tickets ?

Same concept, a lot of people don’t care less about money just because they make more.
Yep, the stingiest person I know is on similar money. He makes his pensioner mother in law pay for dinner when they go out to e restaurant - and he orders the lobster. When it's his turn, he magically always wants a "simple barbie at home"... Rich people can be the tightest of all.

Yep, the stingiest person I know is on similar money. He makes his pensioner mother in law pay for dinner when they go out to e restaurant - and he orders the lobster. When it's his turn, he magically always wants a "simple barbie at home"... Rich people can be the tightest of all.
That's why they're rich.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What do you reckon the difference is to the club's bottom line? Couple of mill per year they have to source from somewhere else?
Not sure exactly. I am sure Gerry Ryan has input into board selections. Probably a flow on effect of him pumping a lot of money into the club via Jayco, which are still club sponsors.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Charged with offences relating to a car crash from four days before his retirement.

Doubt it made the call for him, but might have played a part.
Friends were saying we should leak this to divert attention away from the Crows. Looks like it's out now. Hit a parked car owned by a police officer. Drove off. Evaded police. Didn't report to club or police. Club contacted him and thus sudden retirement.
From a poster on our board. Police rang the club apparently and asked him about it, hence the sudden retirement.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It will be interesting to see how Jack goes in the real world after AFL. Some guys you think might struggle keep falling on their feet, others end up with drug and gamberling dependicies, broken relationships and no money. I have a feeling Jack has the potential to go either way.

creepyguy23

Debutant
Apr 7, 2019
Melbourne Airport
AFL Club
Essendon
Initially I thought it was just another car-crash and the media are making a big deal out of it.
But now I found out it was a bloody hit and run. He ploughed into another car and drove off lol - Four days before announcing retirement.

Back