Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
He certainly won't get remotely close to AA, but he'll play a good role for Port.

He'll play some good games and kick some important goals and Port fans will think "wow, why didn't he do this at Melbourne".

That's the footy IQ of the average supporter. Melbourne terminated him for cultural reasons as much as his inconsistency and inability to be as physically hard as he needed to be as often as he needed to be.

Goodwin is uncompromising and he'd had enough of a half dedicated footballer. Players often benefit from a kick up the backside, so I suspect Jack will have a good year - for him.

For the first half of 2017 - Melbourne supporters were raving about him. "Best disposal of any Key Position player in the comp etc". How times have changed.

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
For the first half of 2017 - Melbourne supporters were raving about him. "Best disposal of any Key Position player in the comp etc". How times have changed.
Watts is certainly skilled. Not necessarily a key forward though. At his height you’d think he would be. We didn’t boot him for his lack of skills that’s for sure.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
All Australian?
Im gonna say no.
Remember when the Hawks took Vickery? You cant change everyone.
Watts might improve a little, but hel fall back into old patterns every now and then.

He will never have the mindset to attack the contest that key forwards need.
Vickery did have a very nice cat carrier.
upload_2018-1-14_23-20-53.png

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
My prediction is that Watts will play at a similar standard as he did in Melbourne (pretty decently) but people will drastically overstate his influence as people often do when a historically maligned player goes to another team because 1) the romanticism of it 2) he'll have better talent around him and 3) it's great ammo to troll Dees fans with

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
All Australian?
Im gonna say no.
Remember when the Hawks took Vickery? You cant change everyone.
Watts might improve a little, but hel fall back into old patterns every now and then.

He will never have the mindset to attack the contest that key forwards need.

Watts is way better than Vickery ever was, unfair comparison imo

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

DaveyRS

Debutant
Jan 2, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
There has been a thread dedicated to this previously. This is not the place for it. It's about Jack Watts.

To be fair thread is about port getting more out of watts than Melbourne due to professionalism/environment and that does form part of the arguement

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Look I don't know about AA but I do know that he's going to have a career best 35 disposals and 8 goals against Melbourne because that's just the way things go around here
What's inevitable is the 'I'm loving it' report out of Alberton in the next weeks where Watts will add 'I've never worked so hard on the training track in my life'...and we'll all be back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back