Jack Watts to be named AA this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw his game and thought I'd check in to see if Port fans mirrored my frustration when the peaheart played for us. There were some footy smart posts, but most were delusional.

It's not creepy to take interest in a past player. Are you suggesting you've never done something similar ?

Liar.

Why are you so angry at the guy though?

He’s always been a confidence player. Anyone who watched Melbourne port last year would
have seen the exact moment his career at Melbourne ended. In the first quarter he spilled an easy chest mark. He never gained the confidence after that. Not sure why but it proved once again that if he isn’t on early in a game he can just drop his bundle.

Watts is a class player. He'll be back.

Out of interest, how far away is Toumpas? Any chance he'll get a game soon? Top 5 draft pick, great skills.

Spewing that Watts was dropped, should have held his place. Hasn't set the world on fire but has been an important cog.

Toumpas probably suffers because we're quite deep in the positions he plays. Isn't really on the radar unfortunately. Trengove might be a bit closer.

Why are you so angry at the guy though?
I'm smug not angry.

But I have history. I've been arguing with my fellow Dees supporters about this half-dedicated footballer for over half a decade.

Now it will be the odd footy astute Port supporter arguing with a mass of other Port supporters defending this pea heart.

Enjoy

I'm smug not angry.

But I have history. I've been arguing with my fellow Dees supporters about this half-dedicated footballer for over half a decade.

Now it will be the odd footy astute Port supporter arguing with a mass of other Port supporters defending this pea heart.

Enjoy

Overall our threads are generally split between "F***en bullshit he shouldn't have been dropped" and "He probably needs a refresher let's get him into the SANFL for a week and he'll bounce back".

Our gameplan makes it very difficult for a key forward to be successful, so he's been contributing well.

Watts is a class player. He'll be back.

Out of interest, how far away is Toumpas? Any chance he'll get a game soon? Top 5 draft pick, great skills.
How is that "Toumpas recruit of the year" thread from 2016 going? Is Toumpas still on an AFL list? Trengove, the "slug with a bad limp" still pulling an AFL salary? Watts, Toumpas, Trengove - Melbourne recruiting magic and now all three at Power!

Overall our threads are generally split between "F***en bullshit he shouldn't have been dropped" and "He probably needs a refresher let's get him into the SANFL for a week and he'll bounce back".

Our gameplan makes it very difficult for a key forward to be successful, so he's been contributing well.
I'm surprised you don't have supporters saying how poor he is in a contest.

Then you'll get the dills saying "he's not a crash and bash player", as though this is some sort of revelation.

Put simply, he doesn't get in the right spots because he's scared to compete. You will virtually never see him in a contested marking situation unless it's against one other player. If he is it's a mistake. And then you'll see him with one arm in the air as he makes a token effort with his eyes closed.

I know this joker like the back of my hand, which is why i wanted him gone --- years ago.

I'm not saying anything I haven't said on forums 100+ times before. And I'm being conservative. What a waste of pick one.

You can please yourself.

How is that "Toumpas recruit of the year" thread from 2016 going? Is Toumpas still on an AFL list? Trengove, the "slug with a bad limp" still pulling an AFL salary? Watts, Toumpas, Trengove - Melbourne recruiting magic and now all three at Power!
One of the great moments in bigfooty history, for those who missed it:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/toumpas-could-easily-be-trade-of-the-year.1128530/

Trengove: great kid, would love to see him get a game soon.

You forgot Dom Barry btw, another one of Melbourne's finest now living it up on Hindley st.

Watts is officially a bust. Has essentially made a career out of high school potential, but ultimately he doesnt have the elite mentality to succeed. Still has the frame of a kid for crying out loud. If he didnt get drafted at #1 he wouldnt have made it this far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was telling, You could argue he kicked 3 against us 2 weeks before however in all honestly it was Port's brilliant movement which punished our backline, about 21 other port players on that end of the ground would of kicked them.

Just an average footballer who has 1-2 good seasons. To compare him to a premier ruckman of the league was ridiculus then, and more ridiculusin hindsight

Watts looked v nice lacing players in that 3rd quarter we run over the top of you at your home

I'm surprised you don't have supporters saying how poor he is in a contest.

Then you'll get the dills saying "he's not a crash and bash player", as though this is some sort of revelation.

Put simply, he doesn't get in the right spots because he's scared to compete. You will virtually never see him in a contested marking situation unless it's against one other player. If he is it's a mistake. And then you'll see him with one arm in the air as he makes a token effort with his eyes closed.

I know this joker like the back of my hand, which is why i wanted him gone --- years ago.

I'm not saying anything I haven't said on forums 100+ times before. And I'm being conservative. What a waste of pick one.

You can please yourself.
mate, I reckon you just need to give it a rest. Everyone already thinks you're a nuffie. Also, "Peaheart".... Unless you've played at the top level, I'd zip it.

I don't think it's fair to lug Trengove in with the other two. He looked like a jet until he lost all his confidence and got ruined by the foot injury.

He was also given the captaincy of a hopeless team in just his third season, which was around the same time his foot injury occurred. Never the same player post injury which is sad because he's a fantastic person.

Not necessarily surprised he’s been dropped, tbh, he was on the quieter side last weekend. Does seem strange Port making 2 unforced changes in a side that knocked over the reigning premier, though. Would have thought that side would have been rewarded.

The idea that Jack is a bust though is crazy. He’s a decent footballer- lovely kick, uses the right attacking option with ball in hand as well. Good kick for goal, quick & good at getting into space.

He’s not going to be your match winning key forward- that forward who just straightens you up & just attacks the contest. It just isn’t what he is- It isn’t his fault Melbourne took him at pick 1 and had him as the key forward to lead them out of the mire that they were in circa 2008. So if that’s what you’re waiting on or expecting out of him then that’s not going to be what you are going to get.

But as a 3rd tall he still offers plenty; a taller flanker/wingman who can work as a link man and go forward and kick goals and make defenders accountable. I think he’s an astute pick up for Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back