Jack Watts to be named AA this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of pure natural football ability jack watts would be in the top 20 players in the competition. I would look a hawthorn supporter in the eye and tell you Jack Watts is a more talented AFL player than Luke Hodge but if I was picking a team for a GF I would pick Hodge 100 times over Watts and that will always be his problem.

My prediction is that Watts will play at a similar standard as he did in Melbourne (pretty decently) but people will drastically overstate his influence as people often do when a historically maligned player goes to another team because 1) the romanticism of it 2) he'll have better talent around him and 3) it's great ammo to troll Dees fans with
Will be like a lot of the media losing their s**t for everything Travis Cloke did in a Bulldogs guernsey, despite it being very similar to everything he did in a Collingwood guernsey, which they all seemed to hate.

In terms of pure natural football ability jack watts would be in the top 20 players in the competition. I would look a hawthorn supporter in the eye and tell you Jack Watts is a more talented AFL player than Luke Hodge but if I was picking a team for a GF I would pick Hodge 100 times over Watts and that will always be his problem.
You do realise abilty has many faces, hardness-courage-intensity, sure the man can kick a football but he can't do much else.

If you are not a star by 27 years of age it's highly doubtful you ever will be I just hope he's a decent link player up forward and allows Dixon to stay put inside 50 more.. oops logic sorry

You’ve improved but there is still a very “Melbourne” culture. The whole players cancelling training camp isn’t a good look. You wouldn’t see hawthorn under hodge doing that or even the tigers under Cotchin doing that

This has been brushed under the carpet. Not enough made of this I can’t recall that ever happening in recent times.

I’d like to see the dees do well this year hope it was just an aberration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise abilty has many faces, hardness-courage-intensity, sure the man can kick a football but he can't do much else.

Hardness is nothing to do with ability that would be the stupidest message ever to stand up in front of a room and say only a select few are talented enough to give effort and desire.
Natural football ability is kicking ability, vision, one touch hands etc.
If watts had hodges mental ability he would be in Melbourne TOTC

We haven't put much of a foot wrong since Peter Jackson came on board so I'd completely disagree with you there.

Watts will play the same as he did last season pre-injury and people will act as if he's a new player because every potato focused on after he returned underdone from a month layoff and played average.
Are you calling Simon Goodwin a potato?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think now that Watts is in a more stable and professional environment which has achieved more on the field than Melbourne (stronger culture and discipline), he has every chance to succeed now. You can't rule out an AA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes because Ken Hinkley is a much better coach than Paul Roos.

:drunk:

Hinkley got Port to a prelim, Roos at Melbourne had a best placing of 12th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look I don't know about AA but I do know that he's going to have a career best 35 disposals and 8 goals against Melbourne because that's just the way things go around here
Doubt it now you have Lever. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back