Jack Watts to be named AA this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon he will thrive at Port. A more professionally run football club and out of Victoria will certainly benefit him.

Anyone else think he's in for a big year?

More professionally run?

I wasn't aware that presidents taking pot shots at players and coaches was a sign of professionalism?

The more you know I guess.

More professionally run?

I wasn't aware that presidents taking pot shots at players and coaches was a sign of professionalism?

I think if you look back on some of the decisions made by the Melbourne footy club you would have to question the professionalism.

Not trying to troll here and I think Melbourne are on the right track but unfortunately the culture there probably didn't help Jack fulfil his potential.

More professionally run?

I went and watched Jack Watts train with Melbourne multiple times and from what I saw, he didn’t really put in a whole lot of effort and just stood around laughing and having fun...

I honestly think someone like Ken Hinkley will change that and he’ll be much better with a better coaching group.

I think if you look back on some of the decisions made by the Melbourne footy club you would have to question the professionalism.

Not trying to troll here and I think Melbourne are on the right track but unfortunately the culture there probably didn't help Jack fulfil his potential.

We haven't put much of a foot wrong since Peter Jackson came on board so I'd completely disagree with you there.

Watts will play the same as he did last season pre-injury and people will act as if he's a new player because every potato focused on after he returned underdone from a month layoff and played average.

I went and watched Jack Watts train with Melbourne multiple times and from what I saw, he didn’t really put in a whole lot of effort and just stood around laughing and having fun...

I honestly think someone like Ken Hinkley will change that and he’ll be much better with a better coaching group.

Yes because Ken Hinkley is a much better coach than Paul Roos.

:drunk:

We haven't put much of a foot wrong since Peter Jackson came on board so I'd completely disagree with you there.

Watts will play the same as he did last season pre-injury and people will act as if he's a new player because every potato focused on after he returned underdone from a month layoff and played average.

You’ve improved but there is still a very “Melbourne” culture. The whole players cancelling training camp isn’t a good look. You wouldn’t see hawthorn under hodge doing that or even the tigers under Cotchin doing that

I can see him being the same player. His form in 16 and first half of 17 was quiet good. But if he has a poor game or 2 can be hard to get his confidence back up. I’ll be extremely surprised if his AA.
Watts was booted from Melbourne as he wouldn’t toe the line from what I hear. On and off the track. Not convinced footy is his number one priority.

Yes because Ken Hinkley is a much better coach than Paul Roos.

:drunk:
Well Paul Roos’ heart wasn’t really in it at Melbourne towards the end and probably didn’t give Jack the kick up the bum he needed, I think Ken will definitely do that...

Highly unlikely I would think.

Even if Ken can put a rocket up his arse, Watts is a long way from AA standard.

He certainly won't get remotely close to AA, but he'll play a good role for Port.

He'll play some good games and kick some important goals and Port fans will think "wow, why didn't he do this at Melbourne".

That's the footy IQ of the average supporter. Melbourne terminated him for cultural reasons as much as his inconsistency and inability to be as physically hard as he needed to be as often as he needed to be.

Goodwin is uncompromising and he'd had enough of a half dedicated footballer. Players often benefit from a kick up the backside, so I suspect Jack will have a good year - for him.

Has the physical attributes and skills to be AA.
But no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I don't know about AA but I do know that he's going to have a career best 35 disposals and 8 goals against Melbourne because that's just the way things go around here

Inevitable

Melbourne terminated him for cultural reasons as much as his inconsistency and inability to be as physically hard as he needed to be as often as he needed to be.

Goodwin is uncompromising and he'd had enough of a half dedicated footballer. .

How does Goodwin account for half dedicated footballers and the Melbourne players involving the AFLPA to cancel training?

Melbourne training camp cancelled after players consult AFLPA
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...er-players-consult-aflpa-20171214-h04vri.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back