Traded Jack Watts [traded to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

crowsfan2017

Rookie
Aug 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have just read Jack Watts is open to the idea of leaving Melbourne in particular leaving Victoria.
Could he maybe on the move to Adelaide along with pick 10 for Jake Lever?

If that's what crows want then yes I'd say that trade works and watts would definitely want to go to crows atleast he would play finals only problem is oponunity would adelaide play him along with Jenkins lynch and walker

Wouldn't be against getting him to the Swans
Effectively have two swing men, Reid and Watts.
Get rid of having two Ruckman and run them thru there

Highly doubt it.

And if he leaves, Adelaide's about the last club he'd go to, wouldn't get a game.

I wonder what Melbourne would realistically want for him in a trade. I think even in a weak draft you would be pushing it to get more than a 25-35 pick in his current form and I doubt they would trade him for that.

Not particularly wise to trade 26YOs when your looking to improve and rise up the ladder.

Why I don't think he'll leave and similarly with us & Roberton.

Not particularly wise to trade 26YOs when your looking to improve and rise up the ladder.

Why I don't think he'll leave and similarly with us & Roberton.
Watts is also under contract til 2019 whereas Roberton isn't.

Watts is also under contract til 2019 whereas Roberton isn't.

Watts also can't get a game at Melbourne, which he has less chance when Lever is there.
Can't really see what Melbourne will give us with Neal-Bullen and Frost signing.
Maybe 2017 & 2018 1sts?

Watts also can't get a game at Melbourne, which he has less chance when Lever is there.
Can't really see what Melbourne will give us with Neal-Bullen and Frost signing.
Maybe 2017 & 2018 1sts?

Then use some lateral thinking because they are allowed to get a third club involved. Only spit balling, but perhaps help to get Gibbs over the line or Essendon involved with Francis. They have options beyond their own players and picks...

In terms of Watts I think he's about 95% of the player Collingwood need, but that last 5% is probably the most important. He has the pace, skill, size and fills the role I just don't know about his big game ability. At Collingwood he would play a crucial role as that spot up forward pressing up to the wings then working back. The problem would be if he went missing at Collingwood it would hurt more so than it would at better clubs as such as Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong, GWS, Port etc.

Trade price and contract terms are secondary for me I'd base it all on how much a fresh start will benefit him in that key area.

Wouldn't be against getting him to the Swans
Effectively have two swing men, Reid and Watts.
Get rid of having two Ruckman and run them thru there

For me Sydney is the right situation for Watts.

Media spotlight won't be on him and he will be expected to play a role but not a savior.

Let him play as a key back and all the pressure is taking away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe 2017 & 2018 1sts?

Watts can most definitely get a game. I think you know that, hence offering 2017 and 2018 1st round picks. Probably not enough given Adelaide's 1sts will be late.

I would take him at Richmond to be the 2nd tall/ruck option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have just read Jack Watts is open to the idea of leaving Melbourne in particular leaving Victoria.
Could he maybe on the move to Adelaide along with pick 10 for Jake Lever?
Where did you read that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Surely he meant 2 first round picks for lever..not watts. Crows 1st round picks are not part of the discussion?

C'mon, why would he be proposing a Lever trade in the Jack Watts thread? On topic, I think we'd accept Lever and Adelaide's first for Jack though.

Surely he meant 2 first round picks for lever..not watts. Crows 1st round picks are not part of the discussion?
They never are?

Crows think another contracted #1 draft pick will just go to them because they are so so fine...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back