Traded Jack Watts [traded to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm quite excited to see what Watts will bring to the table for Port. Will we all see the best version of him yet? Atm I can only find positives about him, especially the thought of him lining up down forward next to big Dix. I think he's going to fit in to the team a treat.

You think Melbourne were useless and couldn't get anything out of him ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Dees r paying salary that's a bonus (helps us pay Lobbe). Pick 31 is pretty fair.

Considering we had Jacko playing forward, which didn't work, this is an upgrade. This now makes Westy/young Marshall/or Billy F - our third tall option, or perhaps we play smaller - Neade or Johnson...

As of Port big man tradition - Watts has 4 months to grow a huge, big fat beard.

FYI- "if your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got RCD"

Saw lobbe out one night the week after the season ended couple years ago.. said he was going to grow a big ginger beard... next season starts, no beard dropped shortly after and never came back again.. coincidence? I think not.

What a win for port.. 31 is not bad plus paying melb are paying his salary too!

Dees must have been desperate
They got him for unders. However realistically noine was going to pay more than 25ish.
Apparently we're paying about 15% of his contract over next 2 years. So probably around 150k over 2 years. Not much in the scheme of things.

What a win for port.. 31 is not bad plus paying melb are paying his salary too!

Dees must have been desperate
Nothing to do with desperation.

Do you think anyone in the footy industry knows Jack as well as the MFC ? We want him out and I'm not going to second guess the club. Especially when I've been a critic of his for years.

Port were the ONLY club that actually approached Melbourne to discuss a trade. The best pick they had was 31. So you take the best offer you can get when you decide a player isn't part of your future.

I hardly think paying 15% of his salary over 2 years is biggie.

Do you think anyone in the footy industry knows Jack as well as the MFC ? We want him out and I'm not going to second guess the club. Especially when I've been a critic of his for years.

Port were the ONLY club that actually approached Melbourne to discuss a trade. The best pick they had was 31. So you take the best offer you can get when you decide a player isn't part of your future.

huh? that's what im trying to say, Dees were desperate to get rid of him for whoever reason. He was contracted and wanted to stay, but you got rid of him for a second rounder and paying 15% of salary for the next 2 years.

huh? that's what im trying to say, Dees were desperate to get rid of him for whoever reason. He was contracted and wanted to stay, but you got rid of him for a second rounder and paying 15% of salary for the next 2 years.
I don't think we were "desperate".

But given he's not worth a first round pick and the best they had was 31 we do the deal.

Saying we were desperate is over egging it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol dees. Remember when we started a full rebuild and still got you 2 for 2? We're only going upwards from this year
If by “upwards” you mean in the draft order, then you are certainly correct.

Well I just learned Geelong are no longer a club.

Well I just learned Geelong are no longer a club.
Comprehension issues.

Jackson confirmed today that Port was the ONLY club to officially have trade talks re Jack. Geelong had an early "chat" but didn't pursue him.

He also says that that "probably tells you something".

If you've already listened to the interview take the wax out of your ears.

He obviously wasn't quite cutting it at Melbourne, for whatever reason. What do u MFC supporters think his future looks like playing for the Power?

The highlights will be about the same, but you'll see fewer poor games as he has a bit to prove. He'll hold his place in the 22, which is more than he's been able to do with us. Good luck to him.

I think Melbourne finally made the right call getting Watts off the list, hard to win premierships with soft players like him.
Last year you guys gained Hibberd for pick 28, this year let Watts go for 31, so pretty much swapped Hibberd for Watts, huge win right there.

Their comes a time for every club where they hang onto to players just too long living in hope, if watts had stayed a year or two on he would have just been delisted

So many players show that wonderful word potential but will never ever deliver, every club has them Port had Butcher and kept him too long we had Petrenko and kept him too long

Clubs can be delusional about these prospects they look good but just lack something and everyone knows it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back