Traded Jack Watts [traded to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Maloney, when trading, youre meant to talk up the value not the other way... #thatsnothowyounegotiate

Melbourne general manager of football Josh Mahoney said in a statement:

“There is no doubt that this has been a difficult decision for the club to make but the list management group felt that Jack’s consistency of performance while at Melbourne hasn’t been at the level expected of a player with his experience,”” he said.

I really don't understand what has happened here. From the outside looking in, it looks like they have forced someone in their top 10-15 players out who didn't want to go, and seemingly took our 1st offer, an hour after Watts Nominated us. He's worth about pick 25, so I can't believe they didn't stretch it out to get something extra out of us which would have been totally fair. Either Goodwin is a complete ******* idiot, or there is something else in play that we don't know about.
Seems like they wanted to piss off a senior player to try and strike fear into the team.

Last coach to do that at the dees was Mark Neeld, lets hope it goes a little better this time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BigFooty spends 8 years relentlessy slagging Jack Watts, and then all of a sudden they can't be believe we only got pick 31 for him.

On one hand I am sad to see him go, but on the other hand, he frustrated me more than any other player at times.

The one thing I will say in Port's favour, is he had a very good 2016 and he had a good start to 2017. If you are prepared to forgive his post injury form this season, he actually put together a decent season and a half of footy.

Best of luck to Jack at Port. He deserves better than the club gave him from the start. Had far to much pressure placed upon him, the club didn't handle the media correctly at any point, and then he had his development stuffed around and never got to settle in a position for more than a year or two. He's an obvious talent who the club mismanaged. He deserves better, and I hope he flourishes at Port.

Good luck Jack and thanks for the memories. Must've watched that Queens Bday goal 50 times over!

Melbourne have s**t the bed. Whose their second forward? Pedos kicked 60 goals in 5 years and Weidemans kicked 6 goals in his 2. Can see them going backwards.

I really don't understand what has happened here. From the outside looking in, it looks like they have forced someone in their top 10-15 players out who didn't want to go, and seemingly took our 1st offer, an hour after Watts Nominated us. He's worth about pick 25, so I can't believe they didn't stretch it out to get something extra out of us which would have been totally fair. Either Goodwin is a complete ******* idiot, or there is something else in play that we don't know about.

Goodwin doesn't have any idea at all. To think that the Dees had Roos and were improving under him. Looks like that will go down the drain.

At the end of the day i thought mid to late 20s was about right so its not that far off, people saying late 1st rounder or very early 2nd round thats too much in a space of a few weeks Watts has turned into a superstar for some reason.

Melbourne have s**t the bed. Whose their second forward? Pedos kicked 60 goals in 5 years and Weidemans kicked 6 goals in his 2. Can see them going backwards.
Tom McDonald?

Getting Lever in means Tom McDonald plays forward. The balance of talls isn't my concern, my concern is that we have 2 elite kicks in a team that lacks polish with Salem and Watts, and one of them is now gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have done incredibly well. Rockliff will be elite for them as mid/forward. Gray, Wingard and Rockliff rotating mid and forward will be elite. Motlop and watts whilst inconsistent are both experienced players and add class. It's only cost them pick 31. That's as good as anyone has ever done.

Dwayne Russell has stated Geelong have gone off Watts so they can bring in youth through the draft. Not sure how reliable that is. If true then it's Port or bust.

Dwayne Russell now assistant to the List Manager Plough what a team , all we need is David King

The 3 biggest self promoters in the game.

Never struggled kicking goals without Hogan playing.

Garlett is our second best forward.

With pedo chipping in and Weideman developing.

Losing 30 goals a year from Watts that can be replaced.

Torn on this one. I like Watts but sustained mediocrity can't be ignored. Not sure Port was the best fit but I honestly hope he does well. Could be a steal.

Getting Lever in means Tom McDonald plays forward. The balance of talls isn't my concern, my concern is that we have 2 elite kicks in a team that lacks polish with Salem and Watts, and one of them is now gone.
Not sold on Mcdonald. You crucify Watts for playing 3 bad games in 2 years of solid footy but lord Tom Mcdonald for 6 weeks in the forward line..... hmmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back