Universal Love Kieren Jack announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls can gasad. KJ proved him wrong. Congrats on a great (not just good) career KJ. Two NSW home grown, ex captains and club legends hopefully run out together this weekend.

14 Seasons
1 Premiership
1 All Australian
Club Captain
NSW AFL Trailblazer & Legend

14 Seasons
1 Premiership
1 All Australian
Club Captain
NSW AFL Trailblazer & Legend

Very nice Ticky!

Another club would be insane to take him. Jack was a champion player, gutsy as well, but his last properly good season was 2016. In 2018 and especially 2019 a good game for him is getting 10 disposals.
He'd be best 22 at the suns and provide some much needed leadership and professionalism

You look at what he achieved and think how good would that feel to have done all that? And yet, its that moment above in the granny that I will remember him by. Right behind Leo Barry you star.

In a swans outfit widely praised and admired for it's two way running, Jack was amongst the best. His toughness was uncompromising. I recall his fearless tackles pile driving head first into shoulders of much bigger bodied ruckman or forwards without self preservation often hurting himself to a daze. He would be taken off, come back on, and do it all over again. From tagger to being regularly tagged, who could argue his ferocious will to improve and get the best out of himself that would one day culminate in a Swans Premiership. Job well done Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must have totally f . 8 k d your supercoach these last two years.:rolleyes:

So must of Longmire going by that Thread.

What's that Old line ? If You Haven't Got Anything Good To Say ?

What the **** has This Board or Swans supporters in General turned in to ? We suddenly start shitting on anybody from our most successful era ? Some of the s**t written about Jack on here the last 12 months has been toxic. So You don't want him in the team ? Sure but be ****ing respectful about it.

All the guys who I played against in under age football in Sydney are retiring... I'm getting old.

Jack was bloody tiny in his early teens, but like McVeigh he was a couple of classes above the rest of us. He played up an age group which certainly didn't help him with his size, but he was tenacious, he could win his own ball and use it well on the outside too.

A great story to rise up from a Rookie List position to captaining the club and managing over 250 games. Definitely feeling like a changing of the guard at the club right now.

So must of Longmire going by that Thread.

What's that Old line ? If You Haven't Got Anything Good To Say ?

What the **** has This Board or Swans supporters in General turned in to ? We suddenly start s**tting on anybody from our most successful era ? Some of the s**t written about Jack on here the last 12 months has been toxic. So You don't want him in the team ? Sure but be ****ing respectful about it.
Spot on WW.
No probs if he's not good enough but Jack did more team stuff the other night than poor old Rose did in his last senior game.
I'm looking forward to this last game from him & Macca. Love them both & thank them so much for their efforts as Bloods.

I'll always remember his game when we beat Freemantle in 2010 on their home turf. Jack did a commando roll out of congestion over another player, scooping up the ball. And the his 2012 Grand Final nudge goal.

Always thought GWS should have thrown the big bucks at him rather than Scully when they started up. Think he's from the Hills District? He'd have given them good leadership.

theres a video on YouTube somewhere with him doing those rolling pick ups

he had some great skills low to the ground

Was a fierce competitor first and foremost......that competitiveness hid his limitations. His tackling though was no limitation and loved some of his work on bigger opponents. A great player who arrived at the right time for where we were and what we needed....I feel like he would not have fitted anywhere else but at Sydney, a real win win for both I’m and the club....good on ya Kizza.

I always admired Kizza. From the outset he had a real bloods quality. Would always give that extra ounce for the team no matter the circumstance and he paid for it physically. So happy that he was able to achieve so much. Just bummed out at what some fans have said here the last couple of years on this board. Hope he never sees it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back